Girl shaves head to support friend with cancer....Banned from school

Although I disagree with the policy, if it's a private school (and I don't know if it is or isn't) then the child's mother should have known the dress code policy prior to enrolling her daughter. I'm speculating but the name of the school sounded as if it might be a private school. If so, then they have a right to create policies and enforce them. If it's a public school then the ruling is asinine.

I've never thought that shaving one's head to support a friend who has cancer was a good idea. Seems like there could be a better way to lend your support.

^^^ What makes doing such a thing so bad in your opinion?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Later this year, I plan on donating my hair again to the Locks of Love company which makes wigs out of real hair for people who have cancer.

I've never thought that shaving one's head to support a friend who has cancer was a good idea. Seems like there could be a better way to lend your support.

Done as a gesture to make the cancer patient not feel so bad about losing their hair, it's admirable. It doesn't help the cancer patient get well, but makes losing one's hair not be such a big deal. I can see where it would make a positive difference to a cancer patient, especially a girl/woman...I'm not sure I would be willing to shave my head, so Kudos to someone that is.

The mind is a wondrous thing...when a cancer survivor feels better due to the gift..of someone who donates her hair ..the power of the patient's mind is enhanced...and it can work wonders.
I have a patient w stage 4 lung cancer who was given a few months to live...7 years ago. Her mind set had a lot to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back