Girl shaves head to support friend with cancer....Banned from school

Looks like the school finally caved in to public outrage. Would be nice if they offered an apology.

School reverses decision to ban girl who shaved her head to support pal with cancer

Kamryn, who was permitted to return to school on Tuesday for the time being, tells KKCO that she decided to shave her head because “it felt like the right thing to do.” And at least one other friend has joined her as of Monday, according to a photo of another shiny-headed girl posted to Campbell’s Facebook page, with the caption, “Another baldie to add to the bunch!!!!”

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/par...gets-kicked-out-of-school-175908162.html?vp=1

And apology might save their school and their jobs. But don't hold yer breath. Like RW said...once an egg is broken, can't put it back together again. Humpty Dumpty Syndrome.

The dress code policy was pretty clear. The purpose of the ban is more than likely to prevent "skinhead" appearances.

We expect adults to run our schools

Adults who understand the difference between skinheads and children with cancer

The child with cancer would not have an issue here, as it is a medical condition. What they oppose is the deliberate removal of hair, something that is against their dress code, and is clearly stated.

What the parents should have done is apply for a waiver. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse for it.

And progressives own the blame for the zero tolerance policies in our schools. Its a short jump from overreacting to a boy kissing a girl at 5 years old to being unable to bend on a haircut.

How is it that progressives own the blame for zero tolerance policies in our schools? Haven't conservatives been fighting hard for zero tolerance policies too, and not just in schools? I never even heard of zero tolerance policies until Reagan's War on Drugs over 30 years ago, and it has only gotten worse since then. Now it is drugs, guns, clothing, appearance, speech, etc. A kid can barely do anything without violating someone's rigid orthodoxy.

This is just a sad way to handle a situation. You would think adults would have thought out their actions first.

Public school people have very little accountability for what they do and are universally lazy for the most part. They park their brains at the door and follow the rule book.

Simpletons....

Yes this a shame but complain to your master's in the FEDERAL Government who has no taken over our schools with all these rules down to what food's children should eat

but you agree with that so that's not a problem

I will faint if you ever put the blame where it belongs...

We expect adults to run our schools

Adults who understand the difference between skinheads and children with cancer

The child with cancer would not have an issue here, as it is a medical condition. What they oppose is the deliberate removal of hair, something that is against their dress code, and is clearly stated.

What the parents should have done is apply for a waiver. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse for it.

And progressives own the blame for the zero tolerance policies in our schools. Its a short jump from overreacting to a boy kissing a girl at 5 years old to being unable to bend on a haircut.

How is it that progressives own the blame for zero tolerance policies in our schools? Haven't conservatives been fighting hard for zero tolerance policies too, and not just in schools? I never even heard of zero tolerance policies until Reagan's War on Drugs over 30 years ago, and it has only gotten worse since then. Now it is drugs, guns, clothing, appearance, speech, etc. A kid can barely do anything without violating someone's rigid orthodoxy.
Wow, sounds like progressive government. btw...progressive pervade out education system, and they are the ones who often make the rules, without input from the public.

Wow, sounds like progressive government. btw...progressive pervade out education system, and they are the ones who often make the rules, without input from the public.

Looking at their website, Keprock seems to be a very conservative. They have rules with uniforms and a traditional educational curriculum. Complaints online have been about how inflexible they are

Yes this a shame but complain to your master's in the FEDERAL Government who has no taken over our schools with all these rules down to what food's children should eat

Yup, this girl getting her head shaved is the fault of the feds.

well I guess you worked in a school and know all about the rules and regulations being heaped on them so they can receive FEDERAL monies...
so carry on you're the expert on everything

well I guess you worked in a school and know all about the rules and regulations being heaped on them so they can receive FEDERAL monies...
so carry on you're the expert on everything

Show me any federal requirement impacting this schools dress code and enforcement

Sounds to me like the school is doing the kid a big favor for throwing her out. If I were the parent, I would not want my child under this kid of arbitrational and clueless authority.

Sounds to me like the school is doing the kid a big favor for throwing her out. If I were the parent, I would not want my child under this kid of arbitrational and clueless authority.

well of course, you think Bristol Palin is a whore for being a teenager and getting pregnant
so this is no surprise...You have to be a programed robot

Last edited:

well of course, you think Bristol Palin is a whore for being a teenager and getting pregnant
so this is no surprise...You have to be a programed robot

Oh, Come on, Stephanie, gives us a little smile...I know that you have one in there somewhere...just a little one?

Besides, I don't think she is a whore. I think that, like her mother, she is just plain stupid. Even I knew at age 16 to stop at the Phillips 66 station and get a condom in the men's room dispenser...

Last edited:
I hate schools, principals, administrators, school boards, superintendents, the whole damn bunch.

Me too...before my doctorate in clinical psych, I worked as a school psychologist for several years...just the number of do-nothing administrators - Supes, Assist Supes, Principles, Veeps, Directors of Special Ed, Curricula and whatnot...with armies of secys and admin assistants to do their actual work..,staggering. ( With H.S. teachers handling 150 or more students daily w no help...and much less pay)
And these parasites r making 6 figures...doing everything "by the book" and not finding the time or motivation to handle sensitive student issues individually...Truly discouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back