French Muslim Banned From School For Wearing Long Skirt !

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
Disgusting - A decision by a French school to bar Muslim from classes for wearing long skirt has sparked outrage among the Muslim community, after the head teacher insisted the outfit was too openly religious.

The skirt was “nothing special, it’s very simple, there’s nothing conspicuous. There is no religious sign whatsoever,” the student, identified as Sarah told L’Ardennais, Agence France Presse (AFP) reported on Tuesday, April 28.

Sarah has been banned from class twice this month by the head teacher who claimed that the long skirt “conspicuously” showed religious affiliation.

“The girl was not excluded, she was asked to come back with a neutral outfit and it seems her father did not want the student to come back to school,” local education official Patrice Dutot said.

According to the official, Sarah used to take off her hijab before entering the school premises in the north-eastern town of Charleville-Mezieres.

The school decision has sparked anger among French, with the hashtag #JePorteMaJupeCommeJeVeux, translated into English as “I wear my skirt as I please” that has been trending since its launch.

“If it’s worn by a ‘white’ person, it’s hippy chic, if it’s a Muslim, it becomes conspicuous,” one user tweeted.

On the other hand, the regional education office backed the school decision, saying that the outfit could have been part of a concerted “provocation.”

“When it comes to concerted protest actions by students, which follow other more visible incidents linked for instance to wearing the veil, the secular framework for education must be firmly reminded and guaranteed,” regional education office said in a statement.

Sarah's case is not the first in France.

Last year, around 130 students were barred from classes for their religious outfits, according to the CCIF Islamophobia watch.

"Wearing a long skirt is nothing ostentatious. This is more due to mass hysteria," said Abdallah Zekri, President of the National Observatory against Islamophobia, the Local reported.

France is home to a Muslim community of nearly six million, the largest in Europe.

French Muslims have been complaining of restrictions on performing their religious practices.

In 2004, France banned Muslims from wearing hijab, an obligatory code of dress, in public places. Several European countries followed the French example.

France also outlawed the wearing of face-veil in public in 2011.
French Student Kicked Out For Long Skirt Islam Story

I support uniforms for school children. END all controversy----the citation does not
reveal that which the girl actually wore so it is useless Lots of schools have dress codes

Disgusting - A decision by a French school to bar Muslim from classes for wearing long skirt has sparked outrage among the Muslim community, after the head teacher insisted the outfit was too openly religious.

The skirt was “nothing special, it’s very simple, there’s nothing conspicuous. There is no religious sign whatsoever,” the student, identified as Sarah told L’Ardennais, Agence France Presse (AFP) reported on Tuesday, April 28.

Sarah has been banned from class twice this month by the head teacher who claimed that the long skirt “conspicuously” showed religious affiliation.

“The girl was not excluded, she was asked to come back with a neutral outfit and it seems her father did not want the student to come back to school,” local education official Patrice Dutot said.

According to the official, Sarah used to take off her hijab before entering the school premises in the north-eastern town of Charleville-Mezieres.

The school decision has sparked anger among French, with the hashtag #JePorteMaJupeCommeJeVeux, translated into English as “I wear my skirt as I please” that has been trending since its launch.

“If it’s worn by a ‘white’ person, it’s hippy chic, if it’s a Muslim, it becomes conspicuous,” one user tweeted.

On the other hand, the regional education office backed the school decision, saying that the outfit could have been part of a concerted “provocation.”

“When it comes to concerted protest actions by students, which follow other more visible incidents linked for instance to wearing the veil, the secular framework for education must be firmly reminded and guaranteed,” regional education office said in a statement.

Last year, around 130 students were barred from classes for their religious outfits, according to the CCIF Islamophobia watch.

"Wearing a long skirt is nothing ostentatious. This is more due to mass hysteria," said Abdallah Zekri, President of the National Observatory against Islamophobia, the Local reported.

France is home to a Muslim community of nearly six million, the largest in Europe.

French Muslims have been complaining of restrictions on performing their religious practices.

In 2004, France banned Muslims from wearing hijab, an obligatory code of dress, in public places. Several European countries followed the French example.

:eek:

Well, it's hard to hide explosives under short skirts.

It seems to me that, that which is DISGUSTING is muslim parents
teaching their children that MUSLIM COUNTRIES have a RIGHT
to impose rules regarding dress on non muslims----but non muslim
countries HAVE NO RIGHT to impose rules regarding dress on muslims.
For those who do not know-----not only do shariah shit holes
impose their own rules regarding dress on non muslims---they ALSO
impose special denigrating laws on non muslims regarding dress.
The famous islamo Nazi pig ADOLF HITLER did not get that
yellow star idea from no-where-----it is a direct lift from the stench and
filth of shariah. One can go to jail in the shariah shit hole, Saudi
Arabia for wearing a cross

:thup:

the citation provided by "ancientlion" really provides no useful information
regarding just what the problem is since it does not show the clothing to
which the school objected . As to his opinion on "disgusting" ----what is
disgusting about a school dress code? I went to high school LONG ago---
public high school----there was a dress code.. Over to you Mr Lion

Well, mebbe Mr. Lion just feels like bellyaching today. Or mebbe we are just too kuffar to him for him to want to respond.

Well, mebbe Mr. Lion just feels like bellyaching today. Or mebbe we are just too kuffar to him for him to want to respond.

He actually claimed that some girl who violated some dress code in
some French school------being asked to go home and change to be
"DISGUSTING" I am still trying to figure that one out. He even
STARTED a thread about this EARTHSHATTERING event

Forum List

Back