Gingrich Pledges To Establish Permanent Base On The Moon ‘By The End Of My 2nd Term'

I am so fucking confused.

The party that pushed to get to the moon first, supported building the space base are the people that are fully against a moon base no matter how it's funded.

what the fuck happened to you people?

The party that pushed to get to the moon first, supported building the space base are the people that are fully against a moon base no matter how it's funded.

i'm not against it. it's a really shitty reason to vote for a president at this point in time, imo.

As most of us already know, Moon colonization is not a new idea...

The notion of siting a colony on the Moon originated before the space age. In 1638 Bishop John Wilkins wrote A Discourse Concerning a New World and Another Planet, in which he predicted a human colony on the Moon.[4] Konstantin Tsiolkovsky (1857–1935), among others, also suggested such a step.[5] From the 1950s onwards, a number of concepts and designs have been suggested by scientists, engineers and others.

In 1954 the noted science-fiction author Arthur C. Clarke proposed a Lunar base of inflatable modules covered in Lunar dust for insulation.[6] A spaceship, assembled in low Earth orbit, would launch to the Moon, and astronauts would set up the igloo-like modules and an inflatable radio mast. Subsequent steps would include the establishment of a larger, permanent dome; an algae-based air purifier; a nuclear reactor for the provision of power; and electromagnetic cannons to launch cargo and fuel to interplanetary vessels in space.

In 1959, John S. Rinehart suggested that the safest design would be a structure that could "[float] in a stationary ocean of dust", since there were, at the time this concept was outlined, theories that there could be mile-deep dust oceans on the Moon.[7] The proposed design consisted of a half-cylinder with half-domes at both ends, with a micrometeoroid shield placed above the base.

More: Colonization of the Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's planning on doing it with private funding.

:eusa_whistle:

how does he plan on paying for enough crack to get private investors to sign up for this?

Most companies that would want to go would be mining companies.

I saw a special on TV and there's titanium everywhere.

It would be a great risk, but with great risks come great rewards.

or complete and utter failure, but shh

Awfully expensive trip to look for titanium. Newt sees money filling his own pockets here in some way. Has nothing to do with Americans he would be supposedly serving.

He's a self absorbed fatass.

He's planning on doing it with private funding.

:eusa_whistle:

how does he plan on paying for enough crack to get private investors to sign up for this?

If it is such an attractive idea to private companies, why hasn't anyone done it?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Grampa Murked U again.

DAMN RIGHT

I saw a run down on where money could be made if the moon could be mined.

Titanium is EVERYWHERE. any company would be filthy rich in the long run. And just imagine the pay for anyone that could work there!!:eusa_drool:

Then let that company make a permanent base on the moon.

That was the point of Newts proposal. But everything on here gets so clouded with hate and partisanship you would never know it.

So... if that was the point of his proposal, how is HE going to put a base on the moon? Oh... taking credit for a Company's hard work, I guess.

Then let that company make a permanent base on the moon.

That was the point of Newts proposal. But everything on here gets so clouded with hate and partisanship you would never know it.

So... if that was the point of his proposal, how is HE going to put a base on the moon? Oh... taking credit for a Company's hard work, I guess.

By letting them fund a NASA project instead of creating thier own version of it.

If it is such an attractive idea to private companies, why hasn't anyone done it?

:lol:

Virgin is working on a way to transport goods to the space station, and have achieved sub-space flight and left the atmosphere.

so update, they are on thier way.

Awfully expensive trip to look for titanium. Newt sees money filling his own pockets here in some way. Has nothing to do with Americans he would be supposedly serving.

He's a self absorbed fatass.

Not looking, we have looked and found it.

jeez

Don't liberals ever watch the Science channel?

Wait, how is that possible? We've been repeatedly assured that Republicans hate science.

And it takes a lot of science to get stuff to and build stuff on the moon.

Right?

And Gingrich says it will create a lot of jobs.
Wait a minute. I thought government does not create jobs.
Read the proposal again -- he's wanting private enterprise to do it.

Aerospace engineers aren't a sufficiently large voting bloc to make pandering to them worthwhile.

As most of us already know, Moon colonization is not a new idea...

The notion of siting a colony on the Moon originated before the space age. In 1638 Bishop John Wilkins wrote A Discourse Concerning a New World and Another Planet, in which he predicted a human colony on the Moon.[4] Konstantin Tsiolkovsky (1857–1935), among others, also suggested such a step.[5] From the 1950s onwards, a number of concepts and designs have been suggested by scientists, engineers and others.

In 1954 the noted science-fiction author Arthur C. Clarke proposed a Lunar base of inflatable modules covered in Lunar dust for insulation.[6] A spaceship, assembled in low Earth orbit, would launch to the Moon, and astronauts would set up the igloo-like modules and an inflatable radio mast. Subsequent steps would include the establishment of a larger, permanent dome; an algae-based air purifier; a nuclear reactor for the provision of power; and electromagnetic cannons to launch cargo and fuel to interplanetary vessels in space.

In 1959, John S. Rinehart suggested that the safest design would be a structure that could "[float] in a stationary ocean of dust", since there were, at the time this concept was outlined, theories that there could be mile-deep dust oceans on the Moon.[7] The proposed design consisted of a half-cylinder with half-domes at both ends, with a micrometeoroid shield placed above the base.

More: Colonization of the Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Where did Newt claim it was an original idea?

Oh, yeah -- he didn't. Good job, Captain Strawman! :clap2:

Aerospace engineers aren't a sufficiently large voting bloc to make pandering to them worthwhile.

No, but people living on the Space Coast in a FL primary are.

i'm not against it. it's a really shitty reason to vote for a president at this point in time, imo.

This would have no affect on if I vote for him or not.

The debate on this would make the obamacare debates seem brisk and to the point.

I say fuck the space program. Gingrich is a prog with a GOP label. What does wasted tax dollars going to the damn moon going to do to help people get jobs,start a better economy for themselves or help achieve better life for themselves?not a damn thing...just as bad as clinton having tax dollars going to the damn SETI program...

Did you know that NASA has people working there?

And that if they opened up a project to go Two the moon and stay there, they would have to hire more people?

true story, I shit you not.

and the amount of Scientific advancement in more than one field of science is pretty dam impressive too....

it's a dumb idea and a waste of money no matter who suggested it.

don't worry...wait a day. newtie will change his mind and say he never said it.

Jill whether you like it or not,and i dont care what party is in charge.....Space exploration is always going to be here.......and putting man out there will be part of it.....the advancements made by Space Exploration in the various Sciences involved would make it worth it....

Forum List

Back