Gingrich campaign kicks media off flights

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Gingrich campaign to traveling press: Find your own damn ride

For each caucus or primary during the 2012 presidential campaign, Gingrich's campaign has organized transportation for the reporters assigned to cover him--as is customary for nearly every presidential candidate. Each news outlet chips in to pay for the bus that trails Gingrich between each stop, and the campaign often lets reporters pay for a seat on charter flights for longer journeys. Many times, it's the only way to ensure the national media are with him at each public appearance.

Sitting in the back of the bus that day, the penny pinching press got to thinking: Why should their employers drop two grand just to attend one Gingrich event when the reporters could easily rent a cheap car in Orlando, miss the dinner, and meet up with Gingrich in Tampa the next morning? That made a lot more financial sense.

Then, the campaign dropped a bomb: No reporters would be allowed to fly with Gingrich on his campaign swing on Monday, when his schedule calls for more than 1,000 miles of travel, complete with campaign stops from the panhandle near the Alabama border to Miami.

Also, the press was no longer invited to fly with Gingrich to the next contest in Nevada, which will hold its Republican caucuses on Feb. 4.

No one from Gingrich's campaign would say on the record why the reporters were no longer invited to travel with the candidate.

"I don't have to give you a reason," R.C. Hammond, a Gingrich spokesman, said.

Way to go Newt. Piss off the press while you're running for POTUS. That's about the stupidest thing you've ever done.

You just handed the nomination to Romney.....

That's not gonna help him.

Actually, it'll play the suckers that support him really well. You have to remember that the MSM is not trusted by the right... with good reason.... they are incapable of producing unbaised reporting.

So, yea, it will help him.

I think this is payback for the pile on lies over him being anti Reagan. That clip linked from Drudge was so seriously edited it really was outrageous.

Even if you are a Romney fan or a Paulite or Santorum booster, you better get ready for the press to do that shit to you too.

Pretty disgusting. I fall into CG's category of absolutely detesting the media. But it's not over Gingrich.

The American media have just become a branch of this White House. Axelrod's minions. Much like Pravda. I get more real news off Al Jazeera, the BBC, France24 and the new Pravda.

I think this is payback for the pile on lies over him being anti Reagan. That clip linked from Drudge was so seriously edited it really was outrageous.

Even if you are a Romney fan or a Paulite or Santorum booster, you better get ready for the press to do that shit to you too.

Pretty disgusting. I fall into CG's category of absolutely detesting the media. But it's not over Gingrich.

The American media have just become a branch of this White House. Axelrod's minions. Much like Pravda. I get more real news off Al Jazeera, the BBC, France24 and the new Pravda.

Even the BBC can be unreliable. They got Gingrich and Romney mixed up when they aired the debate.... when Gingrich was speaking, they said it was Romney. :lol:

Even the BBC can be unreliable. They got Gingrich and Romney mixed up when they aired the debate.... when Gingrich was speaking, they said it was Romney. :lol:

Now that's funny.

Oh I know they are not infallible and they are truly left wing, but I use the BBC website for history without spin in their timeline sections. It's a great "go to" resource. And the website is fabulously laid out that even I can navigate it without tearing my hair out. Let's just say I am technically challenged when it comes to computers and I'm still on dial up where I can go do a round of dishes when a website is loading.

I've come a long way though. I don't stroke out anymore when the screen goes blue and I see fatal exception.:lol:

For each caucus or primary during the 2012 presidential campaign, Gingrich's campaign has organized transportation for the reporters assigned to cover him--as is customary for nearly every presidential candidate. Each news outlet chips in to pay for the bus that trails Gingrich between each stop, and the campaign often lets reporters pay for a seat on charter flights for longer journeys. Many times, it's the only way to ensure the national media are with him at each public appearance.

Then, the campaign dropped a bomb: No reporters would be allowed to fly with Gingrich on his campaign swing on Monday, when his schedule calls for more than 1,000 miles of travel, complete with campaign stops from the panhandle near the Alabama border to Miami.

Also, the press was no longer invited to fly with Gingrich to the next contest in Nevada, which will hold its Republican caucuses on Feb. 4.

No one from Gingrich's campaign would say on the record why the reporters were no longer invited to travel with the candidate.

Way to go Newt. Piss off the press while you're running for POTUS. That's about the stupidest thing you've ever done.

Fucking retard

Yeah, the press was for Newt until this.

Now that's funny.

Oh I know they are not infallible and they are truly left wing, but I use the BBC website for history without spin in their timeline sections. It's a great "go to" resource. And the website is fabulously laid out that even I can navigate it without tearing my hair out. Let's just say I am technically challenged when it comes to computers and I'm still on dial up where I can go do a round of dishes when a website is loading.

I've come a long way though. I don't stroke out anymore when the screen goes blue and I see fatal exception.:lol:

I agree re the Beeb, as the English call it. It leans left, and can, occasionally be exceptionally biased, but generally, they're a decent organization. I don't really even begrudge paying for the BBC.

How exactly does the media brainwash people and how is it that rightwingers imagine they escaped?

CG is spinning the spin on the spin in this thread. It is a wonder that she's not dizzy.

How exactly does the media brainwash people and how is it that rightwingers imagine they escaped?

CG is spinning the spin on the spin in this thread. It is a wonder that she's not dizzy.

I'd like to know that myself. Where does the ever perfect CG get her "media" that is so unbiased and un-manipulated? Inquiring minds want to know...

The only ones getting brainwashed are the ones who see a "liberal media conspiracy" everywhere they look. :eusa_hand:

Fucking retard

Yeah, the press was for Newt until this.

I agree. Newt is a fucking retard. :banana:

I'd like to know that myself. Where does the ever perfect CG get her "media" that is so unbiased and un-manipulated? Inquiring minds want to know...

A lot of it is from sources that are not publicly available. Membership only. :eusa_angel:

A lot of it is from sources that are not publicly available. Membership only. :eusa_angel:

Ah...directly out of your ass then. Fair enough.

Ah...directly out of your ass then. Fair enough.

Whatever. It really doesn't concern me that you prefer spoon feeding on baby food than knife and fork hard information.

Great and fair. But you probably dont recall how Obama manipulated the press.

Forum List

Back