Ghostwriter to "Art of the Deal" introduces us to the real Donald Trump

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” He went on, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”
________________________________________________________________________________

It is a frightening account of a man whose only goal in life is to advance his own interests. If this read does not frighten you, nothing will.

donald quote 1998
trump-people-magazine.jpg

I'm certainly not a fan of Trump, but do you notice that in the right hand corner of your picture, there's some text that says addtext.com? May want to take a look at the site itself:
AddText — Captions for your photos, quick and easy

And then look at the following article:
FALSE: Donald Trump Said Republicans Are the 'Dumbest Group of Voters'

It's understandable that one might find the picture credible, however, for anyone who has seen the following video clip from Colbert...

Trump, true to form, accomplished a hostile takeover of the Republican Party. As we have seen in his past as a real estate mogul and businessman, he acted as the classic corporate raider, stripping down properties and businesses then declaring bankruptcy and paying his debts for pennies on the dollar.

Is this what he plans for the GOP? And what made the GOP so vulnerable to Trump's takeover ploy? They have been engaged in a civil war since 2008 and the rise of the Tea Party faction. They went about purging moderate Republicans, measuring their political ideology by a longitude of fiscal Conservatism and a latitude of Social Conservatism. What was left was the minority who considered themselves ideologically pure, but marginalized when compared to the real American electorate.

So there they were, white, angry and frustrated. Given 17 potential candidates to chose from, they summarily rejected even the most fervently pure ideologue like Cruz and Santorum. They rejected the populists like Christie and Carson. They predictably rejected the experienced and mainstream like Bush and Kasich.

And they fell under the huckster's spell of Donald J. Trump.

And now they must reap what they have sown. They must reap the whirlwind.

Trump, true to form, accomplished a hostile takeover of the Republican Party. As we have seen in his past as a real estate mogul and businessman, he acted as the classic corporate raider, stripping down properties and businesses then declaring bankruptcy and paying his debts for pennies on the dollar.

Is this what he plans for the GOP? And what made the GOP so vulnerable to Trump's takeover ploy? They have been engaged in a civil war since 2008 and the rise of the Tea Party faction. They went about purging moderate Republicans, measuring their political ideology by a longitude of fiscal Conservatism and a latitude of Social Conservatism. What was left was the minority who considered themselves ideologically pure, but marginalized when compared to the real American electorate.

So there they were, white, angry and frustrated. Given 17 potential candidates to chose from, they summarily rejected even the most fervently pure ideologue like Cruz and Santorum. They rejected the populists like Christie and Carson. They predictably rejected the experienced and mainstream like Bush and Kasich.

And it is going to be very ugly for the Republican Party. After he loses in November, how long will it take the GOP to repair the damage done with women and non-white voters. I would think at least a decade, if not a generation.

He has undone years of GOP efforts to broaden the GOP base. And as he has done with his bankrupsues, he will walk away and start another reality show, capitalizing on his deed.

And it is going to be very ugly for the Republican Party. After he loses in November, how long will it take the GOP to repair the damage done with women and non-white voters. I would think at least a decade, if not a generation.

He has undone years of GOP efforts to broaden the GOP base. And as he has done with his bankrupsues, he will walk away and start another reality show, capitalizing on his deed.
I can'tunderstand how the Republicans are failing to learn lessons from their own history! In 1972 Richard Nixon ran as the Republican incumbent. In his zeal to secure a landslide mandate, not only did he wiretap the Democrat headquarters in the Watergate, but he sucked up nearly all the resources for the down ticket candidates. He did not actively campaign with them, he provided no coat tails. And he got a Democrat controlled congress that brought impeachment proceedings against him.

Trump is starting a Super Pac to cut off Senator Ted Cruz and Govenor John Kasich. He is ignoring the down ticket races. He is running at the head of an I unified party. Watch the senate flip. But the way voting districts are so heavily gerrymandered, it might not be until the 2018 midterms before the HouseofRepresentatives flips too.

I can'tunderstand how the Republicans are failing to learn lessons from their own history! In 1972 Richard Nixon ran as the Republican incumbent. In his zeal to secure a landslide mandate, not only did he wiretap the Democrat headquarters in the Watergate, but he sucked up nearly all the resources for the down ticket candidates. He did not actively campaign with them, he provided no coat tails. And he got a Democrat controlled congress that brought impeachment proceedings against him.

Trump is starting a Super Pac to cut off Senator Ted Cruz and Govenor John Kasich. He is ignoring the down ticket races. He is running at the head of an I unified party. Watch the senate flip. But the way voting districts are so heavily gerrymandered, it might not be until the 2018 midterms before the HouseofRepresentatives flips too.

Trump doesn't care about the Republican Party. He cares about Trump.

After November, Cruz will be admired in the GOP. I, and many others, respected what he did at the convention. If Trump knew what he was doing, his people would have screened the speech. But it was a WWE event that got out of control.

Forum List

Back