GHOSTS!!! Are you a Believer?

Do you believe in ghosts or a spirit world among us?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I don't know but I have an open mind about it.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • I get creeped out by the whole concept.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm going to create that "spirit" thread in the religion forum shortly, so those of you who would be interested in that, please look for it.

But now, we are four days aways from Halloween. Mr. Foxfyre is in West Texas helping out his brother all week and won't be home until sometime tomorrow. I wish I knew how to take a pic and transfer it to the computer but Mr. Foxfyre does all that so I can't right now.

But picture our house as an L shape with the garage extending from the right front of the house creating the L.

You walk alongside the garage on the inside of the "L" to approach our front door where there is a wrought iron security gate across the front porch area and then about six feet from the security gate to our front door.

The garage butts up against the house but there is no direct entry from the garage to the house. There is a door exiting the garage onto the front porch between the security gate and front door.

I have not gone anywhere except with others since Mr. Foxfyre left Monday morning so the overhead garage door has not been opened. The interior of the garage appears completely undisturbed. The door from the garage to the front porch is a standard wood door that closes easily and securely. The security gate has remained locked. I keep the front door also locked. I am the only here.

But three times this week that garage door has been ajar. Three times now I have closed, tested it to be sure it was securely closed. So what is opening it?

Frankly, it is creeping me out.

There is a belief that demons cannot stand to see a crucifix of Yeshua. They will not enter a place with the crucifix. If you sprinkle ash/flour on the floor, you might me able to see "tracks". Demons are supposed to have prints like chickens.

No, not the overhead door for the cars. Just the ordinary people door exiting the garage onto the porch.

Thats weird. Any damage to the door jam any where ?

No, none. Nothing. I've tried to force the door open without turning the doorknob and it won't budge. But when turning the knob it unlatches, opens easily and noiselessly, shuts easily and solidly. There is a keyhole in the knob but we've never had a key for that door and have never locked it.

Was the door open again ?

In high school, some friends of mine showed me the 'ghost' of Whispering Woods' (I think that was the name of the neighborhood). It was pretty awesome to see. As you drove down this hill in the neighborhood, you could see the ghost.

I thought that was so cool!

Then, I went to see it on my own a few times after that. But I only saw it once and that's when it had just rained.

Then, I figured out that the 'ghost' was just a reflection - a really cool one, though - of headlights off of the wet pavement.

But, folks still believed in that 'ghost'.

Anyway, I think there is an easy explanation to most ghost stories. I'll keep my mind open, but I find that some humans are far more scary than any ghost could be.

Ya, never heard of ghost killing people or stealing your DVD players. I drive a tow truck where I work now, and last night I picked a truck up that was repossessed. Two weeks before the prior owner had passed away in the sleeper. It had been a few days and you can smell it (thats all I will say) and the guys at the yard say you can see the guy sitting behind the wheel, and that the head lights will turn on. The messed up thing is I may be the guy who has to drive the truck to Dallas tommrow.

In high school, some friends of mine showed me the 'ghost' of Whispering Woods' (I think that was the name of the neighborhood). It was pretty awesome to see. As you drove down this hill in the neighborhood, you could see the ghost.

Then, I went to see it on my own a few times after that. But I only saw it once and that's when it had just rained.

Then, I figured out that the 'ghost' was just a reflection - a really cool one, though - of headlights off of the wet pavement.

Anyway, I think there is an easy explanation to most ghost stories. I'll keep my mind open, but I find that some humans are far more scary than any ghost could be.

The North Saskatchewan Aurora Borealis showed me quite early on that science was astounding on its own account.

110_NCR%20-%20Aurora%20camp.jpg

When I was working up at "Air Ronge" (Lac La Ronge) the Aurora was magnificent.

The North Saskatchewan Aurora Borealis showed me quite early on that science was astounding on its own account.

I have never seen the Northern Lights. When I was in Michigan and they were active, I was on travel at the time and missed them.

Me either. I was so hoping to see a wild Moose--we never did--and the "Northern Lights" when we vacationed in Alaska, but alas it was too cloudy the whole time. The only two disappointments of that trip. So, I guess we'll just have to go back one of these days.

And there have been no further open door incidents. When I am here at my desk, I am looking through a window directly at that door though, and I'll have to admit I catch myself looking at it much differently than I ever did before. :)

And here is the promised "Spirit" thread in the religion forum for those who would like to discuss the existence of the Holy Spirit, angels, demons, etc.:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/191620-spirits-angels-the-holy-ghost-demons-do-they-exist.html

I get daily updates on Rasmussen polls and every now and then he gets less political or controversial and runs a poll on something that is more whimsical or just fun.

Today he posted results of a three-day averaged poll indicating that 31% of Americans believe in ghosts. I had to smile because that pretty much exactly matches the results, so far, of our little straw poll on this thread. :)

Ya, never heard of ghost killing people or stealing your DVD players. I drive a tow truck where I work now, and last night I picked a truck up that was repossessed. Two weeks before the prior owner had passed away in the sleeper. It had been a few days and you can smell it (thats all I will say) and the guys at the yard say you can see the guy sitting behind the wheel, and that the head lights will turn on. The messed up thing is I may be the guy who has to drive the truck to Dallas tommrow.

OK early, you haven't given us an update. Did you drive the truck? If so. . . . and?. . . . .

In the world of the unexplainable, I have read that the following photo from a collection of 'the greatest ghost photos every taken' has been analyzed by experts who are reasonably certain that the photo (taken well before there were any photoshop abilities available) is the real deal. The image on the stairs has not been duplicated by several attempts to do so and remains a mytery.

brown_lady_lg.jpg

What is said of the photo:

This portrait of "The Brown Lady" ghost is arguably the most famous and well-regarded ghost photograph ever taken. The ghost is thought to be that of Lady Dorothy Townshend, wife of Charles Townshend, 2nd Viscount of Raynham, residents of Raynham Hall in Norfolk, England in the early 1700s. It was rumored that Dorothy, before her marriage to Charles, had been the mistress of Lord Wharton. Charles suspected Dorothy of infidelity. Although according to legal records she died and was buried in 1726, it was suspected that the funeral was a sham and that Charles had locked his wife away in a remote corner of the house until her death many years later. . . .

. . . .This famous photo was taken in September, 1936 by Captain Provand and Indre Shira, two photographers who were assigned to photograph Raynham Hall for Country Life magazine. This is what happened, according to Shira:

"Captain Provand took one photograph while I flashed the light. He was focusing for another exposure; I was standing by his side just behind the camera with the flashlight pistol in my hand, looking directly up the staircase. All at once I detected an ethereal veiled form coming slowly down the stairs. Rather excitedly, I called out sharply: 'Quick, quick, there's something.' I pressed the trigger of the flashlight pistol. After the flash and on closing the shutter, Captain Provand removed the focusing cloth from his head and turning to me said: 'What's all the excitement about?'"

Upon developing the film, the image of The Brown Lady ghost was seen for the first time. It was published in the December 16, 1936 issue of Country Life. The ghost has been seen occasionally since.
The Brown Lady ghost picture

Count me in as a non-believer. Other things I don't believe in:

1. Alien visitation
2. Psychic anything
3. Herbal Medicine
4. Sasquatch
5. Loch Ness monster
6. Abominable Snowman
7. Chupacabra

This makes you not only vulnerable, it also makes you a bit of a target... Seriously... expand your mind before it gets fist fucked. Those things are not at all what most seem to assume they are, anyways... good, bane, or evil....

Count me in as a non-believer. Other things I don't believe in:

1. Alien visitation
2. Psychic anything
3. Herbal Medicine
4. Sasquatch
5. Loch Ness monster
6. Abominable Snowman
7. Chupacabra

This makes you not only vulnerable, it also makes you a bit of a target... Seriously... expand your mind before it gets fist fucked. Those things are not at all what most seem to assume they are, anyways... good, bane, or evil....

Well in the spirit of keeping things civil, I will appreciate anybody's honest opinion here whether or not I agree with it. Our opinions are what they are, neither good nor bad, in this case.

I agree that there is a great deal of difference between say 'the abominable snowman' and "psychic anything' as I have witnessed and experiened what might be described as psychic phenomenon. For instance, the day my mother was paring potatoes at the kitchen table and looked up with a stricken look on her face. "Something has happened to Otho" she said. She got up and circled the calendar on that day.

Later we found that on that day my Uncle, her brother, a master sergeant leading a patrol in Korea, had been ambushed and the entire patrol was killed or left for dead. My uncle and one other soldier, both sustaining near deadly wounds, were the only two who survived.

I also see a huge difference between alien visitations (which I keep an open mind about) and 'herbal medicine' which I use with good results.

Last edited:
I mean no disrespect to those who have less rl experiences... than some... but I do worry for them regardless of the vanity. They may be far more limiting to themselves than if they were to become explorative in those things least appreciated.

This story is not about ghosts but the reason we weren't allowed to have a Ouija board in our house when I was a kid was because of something which my mom said happened to her when she was a teenager.

She and her friends asked the Ouija board about the sailor boyfriend Billie Joe (or something like that) of one of the friends. They asked for a phone number and got one. They called it up. It was a Billie Joe - but a completely different one, not the boy they knew.

They were understandably spooked, so no Ouija for us.

Guess she coulda been making it up, or maybe it was an urban legend that she somehow adopted as her own story, but I don't remember her being like that about anything else so I don't think so. She was a pretty level-headed and very honest.

I have never seen the Northern Lights. When I was in Michigan and they were active, I was on travel at the time and missed them.

I hope you get a chance to see them Si. (See/Si :razz:) I've seen both the Australia and Borealis. I felt very tiny.

Forum List

Back