Zone1 Getting Alerts from Threads I Haven't posted in

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2020
About three times so far. I got an alert today claiming some poster quoted my post, in a thread I haven't posted in, quoting another poster. lol some incompetent attempt at hacking going on here? Usually when these increasing numbers of errors show up on a board it's on its way to closing.

Click on your profile, then on PREFERENCES.
1688501803065.png

Go to the bottom of the page and check this:
Might want to uncheck some of them so that you don't get all the alerts if you don't like them.

1688501719947.png

Attachments

• 1688501640533.png
    1688501640533.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 7
Click on your profile, then on PREFERENCES.
View attachment 801381

Go to the bottom of the page and check this:
Might want to uncheck some of them so that you don't get all the alerts if you don't like them.

View attachment 801380

Completely misses the point.

The alert says I'm being quoted in a thread, a thread I didn't post in, and links to a post citing another poster altogether.

Post #86 to be specific. Airplanemechanic is quoting 'Merrill', not me. I don't remember the other two, but none are related or involve the same posters.

About three times so far. I got an alert today claiming some poster quoted my post, in a thread I haven't posted in, quoting another poster. lol some incompetent attempt at hacking going on here? Usually when these increasing numbers of errors show up on a board it's on its way to closing.
It might be because someone mentions you. I have a poodle who follows me around and tries to get me to look. She vastly overestimates my interest in her posts.

Completely misses the point.

The alert says I'm being quoted in a thread, a thread I didn't post in, and links to a post citing another poster altogether.

Post #86 to be specific. Airplanemechanic is quoting 'Merrill', not me. I don't remember the other two, but none are related or involve the same posters.
Must be so worrying .You are so brave to carry on .The Sniveller would be stricken with migraines for weeks

It might be because someone mentions you. I have a poodle who follows me around and tries to get me to look. She vastly overestimates my interest in her posts.

Nope, it's not even that. It's just weird, is all.

Must be so worrying .You are so brave to carry on .The Sniveller would be stricken with migraines for weeks

Aren't there some UFO's waiting to beam you up and feed you LSD somewhere?

Forum List

Back