Getting a Clue in the MidWest

GetdClu

Culture Warrior
Jun 9, 2011
Central Illinois
Hello!

Born on Long Island, New York and graduated from the University of California at San Diego, I am most happy for the last 12 years in the Midwest with DH Brian and my two boys. I am descended from Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet (great-grand-dad x3) and sign, and can trace the (Roger) Sherman line {of San Francisco} back to the 1500′s through an Italian boy who was shanghaied! (I thought that was exciting, anyway.)

Having gained a vocationally useful degree from UCSD in Judaic Studies (ahem, yeah) :eusa_whistle:… I use this excellent training today in Bible studies, church and forum discussions. It absolutely thrills me to the bottom of my socks and opened up a new world of history, poli sci, ancient texts & cultures, intricacies of meaning — fascinating and mind-widening. Although I am rusty, reading the OT in Hebrew compared to English is like seeing in Technicolor compared to black and white! The nuances are that variegated.

So love of country and of history run strong in my veins. I doubt I could change these proddings if I wanted to. I was looking for an outlet for my passion and patriotism in the face of assaults on our American and Judeo-Christian values, our way of life in America today. With each passing day, I saw the America we knew changing into something we didn’t recognize and I didn’t want progeny blaming me for letting that happen.

Hence the development of my blog, Get d'Clu at getdclu.com - The best way to lead a nation astray of its values is to keep it ignorant of its history. It's a place for me to put out there what some folks may not know, what I need to vent or what requires a discussion. I've been hacked twice by Arabs (whom I assume didn't care for my anti-Shariah posts), so I guess I'm hitting a right nerve. :eek: I'd be honored if you'd take a look and start a conversation in the comments!

Check out more about me and my blog at getdclu.com on the about-me page. Looking forward to talking with you both here and there!

Hi Becki ~

Just wanted to give some info about me. I guess it was too much, sorry. My blog is a huge part of how I think now, and why I'm interested in this forum, so that's why I included it.

What can I tell you? ;)

Hello!

Born on Long Island, New York and graduated from the University of California at San Diego, I am most happy for the last 12 years in the Midwest with DH Brian and my two boys. I am descended from Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet (great-grand-dad x3) and sign, and can trace the (Roger) Sherman line {of San Francisco} back to the 1500′s through an Italian boy who was shanghaied! (I thought that was exciting, anyway.)

Having gained a vocationally useful degree from UCSD in Judaic Studies (ahem, yeah) :eusa_whistle:… I use this excellent training today in Bible studies, church and forum discussions. It absolutely thrills me to the bottom of my socks and opened up a new world of history, poli sci, ancient texts & cultures, intricacies of meaning — fascinating and mind-widening. Although I am rusty, reading the OT in Hebrew compared to English is like seeing in Technicolor compared to black and white! The nuances are that variegated.

So love of country and of history run strong in my veins. I doubt I could change these proddings if I wanted to. I was looking for an outlet for my passion and patriotism in the face of assaults on our American and Judeo-Christian values, our way of life in America today. With each passing day, I saw the America we knew changing into something we didn’t recognize and I didn’t want progeny blaming me for letting that happen.

Hence the development of my blog, Get d'Clu at getdclu.com - The best way to lead a nation astray of its values is to keep it ignorant of its history. It's a place for me to put out there what some folks may not know, what I need to vent or what requires a discussion. I've been hacked twice by Arabs (whom I assume didn't care for my anti-Shariah posts), so I guess I'm hitting a right nerve. :eek: I'd be honored if you'd take a look and start a conversation in the comments!

Check out more about me and my blog at getdclu.com on the about-me page. Looking forward to talking with you both here and there!

Hacked by Arabs, eh? With your spammy shit I'm surprised they didn't hack you up.

Funny, I'd always thought of Long Island being in the EASTERN part of our United States, and not really MIDWEST.
Pardon me for not knowing Geography I.
Am I allowed to solicit now?:eusa_drool:
Anyhoo, I'm new here, and hope to give Conservatives some heartburn.:doubt:

Hi cloudy ~

Of course LI is east & then I went west for college, met hubby, then came to the middle several years later where I love the people and the lifestyle. HTH! :eusa_angel:

Thanks @saveliberty, @sarahgop and @Matthew for the kind welcome! I look forward to discussions with you and looking for your responses on the boards.

@savedliberty, aren't Hillsdale, Peter Arndt (sp?) and Imprimis superb?!!! I learn and nod my head in agreement. So glad they keep clear of govt $$. Would love for my son to inquire of them, but afraid the cost would be prohibitive, plus they don't have a wrestling team... :(

TY HG! Glad to be here. You sure have a lot of badges. Hey, my best friend from HS went to Johns Hopkins and we toured around your neighborhood a couple times. Nice new riverfront then...

Thanks xsited1! I just noticed that too. AKKK! Sent an email to my hosting co to see if they can reload from a previous save... Here we go again into search & secure mode.

You can access my blog by going in sideways with a topic, like getdclu.com/subject. HTH and thank you again for the heads up, agent P!

~~Lisa :cool:

Thanks @saveliberty, @sarahgop and @Matthew for the kind welcome! I look forward to discussions with you and looking for your responses on the boards.

@savedliberty, aren't Hillsdale, Peter Arndt (sp?) and Imprimis superb?!!! I learn and nod my head in agreement. So glad they keep clear of govt $$. Would love for my son to inquire of them, but afraid the cost would be prohibitive, plus they don't have a wrestling team... :(

Little Hillsdale College had about as many ROTC graduates as most big universities this year I suspect. Imprimus does an excellent job of clearing the fog from Constitutional issues. You may want to visit next year and attend a CCA. They are free and you will learn a great deal in a short period of time.

Funny, I'd always thought of Long Island being in the EASTERN part of our United States, and not really MIDWEST.

:cool:

Try to back your statements with sources, or I'll make short work of you. Welcome.

Try to back your statements with sources, or I'll make short work of you. Welcome.
This site will not allow me to post a link which shows there are 12 MIDWESTERN STATES.
I must post 15 times before it will allow me to post a link, I already am of the opinion that this message board sucks, and so do some of it's people, :tongue: so, so long.

This site will not allow me to post a link which shows there are 12 MIDWESTERN STATES.
I must post 15 times before it will allow me to post a link, I already am of the opinion that this message board sucks, and so do some of it's people, :tongue: so, so long.

For God's sake he lives in Central Illinois!!! Its on the right of the post

Forum List

Back