Get rid of 2 party system ???

It may still be my fate. If things go the way I expect, I'll be dead within the next decade... probably at my own hand.

To me it does. That's all that matters to me.

36 long, miserable years that I often wonder if we wouldn't have all been better off if had never happened.

Again, better to be dead than to live in a society like the one we are headed towards.

Who has ever suggested that they would be given a choice?

Again, I'm more than ready to die at their hands. It would be better than what I see out the window every day.

Get help, man. Seriously. I won't talk to you anymore. It seems like you are dealing with enough.

I thought the same, then saw him posting in another thread. Union member and leader. I don't think he's what he claims above. Just an emo troll.

Thanks.

BloodZnCripZ.png

I find it an odd coincidence that the Dems and the repubs are aligned and polarized by the colors they wear, exactly as the crips and bloods are.

That should be instructional.

During the Medieval period “political” parties were non functional but they returned with the Renaissance.

As late in history as the time of The Renaissance political parties used colors as a quick way of identifying themselves. In the Age of Petrarch and Boccaccio, philosopher/historian Will Durant says (1304-75) in the “ - year 1302 in which the aristocratic party of the Neri (Blacks), having seized the government of Florence by force , exiled Dante (Alighieri), and other middle class Bianchi (Whites), the triumphant oligarchy indicted a White lawyer, Ser. Petracco on the charge of having falsified a legal document....- ”

The first quasi political organizations were the fanatical groups of citizens in the Roman Circus Maximus

“ - Factions were identified by their colors: Blue or Green, Red or White. [Emperor] Domitian added gold and purple but they, like the emperor, were never popular and short-lived. Colors first are recorded in the 70s BC, during the Republic, when Pliny the Elder relates that, at the funeral of a charioteer for the Reds, a distraught supporter threw himself on the pyre in despair, a sacrifice that was dismissed by the Whites as no more than the act of someone overcome by the fumes of burning incense.- ”

People have been identifying themselves as members of a tribe with colors for several thousand years. Celts, Scots etc use codes of arms and proprietary plaids while tribes in Africa use tribal colors in dyed clothing. This is as old as man.

But the crips and bloods and the dems and repubs use the same color scheme, a purely American fresco, if you will. And it isn't about tribes, but about fictional divisions.

When the north faced off against the south that was a real polarization. Blue and gray.

But the crips and bloods, dems and repubs are nearly identical, or 99.999999% identical groupings.

Their polarizations are A) manufactured B) not at all real C) specifically engineered divide and conquer events.

American partisans are chumps. Fools. Dupes. Pons. Puppets. Sheeple. Tarded.
Thanks for that very perceptive instruction.
In fact the colors red and blue were first assigned to the two main political parties by TV network CBS, and specifically news Anchor Tim Russert, who election night 2000, for color coding purposes, on the election map identified Republican wins with the color red and Democrat wins with the color blue.

These colors were not chosen with any consideration to historical significance. Red is usually the color of "revolution," a paradigm of the left, parties of change and radicalism. Blue is the color of staid or steady "bluebloods;" usually the paradigm of Republicans and Conservatives.

It has seemed to me that the reason CBS/Russert chose blue for dems was to avoid that very significant correlation of the usual stigma of revolution/hot red blood because it was too close to the truth for comfort.

This fits the reality of our problem which is that the left controls the language and the symbols of our dialogue; but not so much recently.

Last edited:
Get help, man. Seriously. I won't talk to you anymore. It seems like you are dealing with enough.

Not going to happen. It's not needed and it wouldn't make any difference anyway. Talk to whomever you want. I deal with what I deal with. You're not adding anything I haven't dealt with before.

I thought the same, then saw him posting in another thread. Union member and leader. I don't think he's what he claims above. Just an emo troll.

LOL. So now a Conservative cannot be a Union member and department Steward? Welcome to the Ignore List, #11.

Get RID of the two party system?

Don't we need to have a real TWO PARTY SYSTEM before we can get rid of it?

In fact the colors red and blue were first assigned to the two main political parties by TV network CBS, and specifically news Anchor Tim Russert, who election night 2000, for color coding purposes, on the election map identified Republican wins with the color red and Democrat wins with the color blue.
Um... That happened well before Tim Russert and the 2000 election.

I love this debate. Go to any country that has a multi-party system, and you will be thankful that we have our two party system.

doubtful. Benn there, done that, disagree. For one thing you can dissolve the cabinet almost overnight in most parlimentary systems, for another many such systems have proportional represention, which beats the hell out our system in which almost nobody gets any representation at all.

I get a little tired of being stuck with scabs in office for 2-6 year stretches and then being offered clueless goons to replace them.

I love this debate. Go to any country that has a multi-party system, and you will be thankful that we have our two party system.

doubtful. Benn there, done that, disagree. For one thing you can dissolve the cabinet almost overnight in most parlimentary systems, for another many such systems have proportional represention, which beats the hell out our system in which almost nobody gets any representation at all.

I get a little tired of being stuck with scabs in office for 2-6 year stretches and then being offered clueless goons to replace them.

So the idea of dissolving cabinets every time the electorate gets in a tizzy sounds good to you? I'll pass thank you. We have enough elections already.

There's no guarantee in a parliamentary system that a third party won't also offer just a bunch of clueless goons.

Most of western Europe seems like a political clusterfuck.

There's no guarantee in a parliamentary system that a third party won't also offer just a bunch of clueless goons.
There's no guarantee in a parliamentary system that there will be 3+ parties.
There's nothing in the current system that precludes 3+ parties.

As long as were a country with 2 reining parties, were never going to get anywhere. It will continue to be Tit 4 Tat. We need something more like a 5 party system, to mix it up a little, so that we can move forward.

Members of both parties will just continue to toe the party line, you know it, and I know it.

"A HOUSE DIVIDED CANNOT STAND"

A five party system would be better for the USA because of all the diverse people and cultures. Either we are, or were not, the melting pot of the world.

A two party system works fine. If you eliminate Corruption. Having more parties won't solve the problem. Getting big business out of big government will. So far, we are still going in the wrong direction. Our Government in Washington represents the best Government money can buy.

There's no guarantee in a parliamentary system that there will be 3+ parties.
There's nothing in the current system that precludes 3+ parties.

Two points irrelevant to the one I made. :thup:

Um... That happened well before Tim Russert and the 2000 election.

Shooter - Would you give a link to show that please?

I don't think you're right about that, I don't remember it any earlier; so if you know it you must have a date you can go back to to document it.

Last edited:
A viable third party would be enough.

If no one party every had a super majority then we'd have to see some actual work get done to pass a bill instead of the straight party line votes that we get now.

We don't have a two party system. We have a system that has two parties. Nothing prevents the formation of multiple parties. Except.............when a third party shows signs of becoming viable one of the major parties co opts their program.

A viable third party would be enough.

If no one party every had a super majority then we'd have to see some actual work get done to pass a bill instead of the straight party line votes that we get now.

We don't have a two party system. We have a system that has two parties. Nothing prevents the formation of multiple parties. Except.............when a third party shows signs of becoming viable one of the major parties co opts their program.

So? If their "program" can be co-opted they don't have very much; please name an instance of a 3rd party with an agenda or program that has been co-opted. It seems to me if a third party has a fully blown schematic for a better America (solutions to un-resolved problems) people would glom onto it. Otherwise they'll reach more folks, gain a broader base inside of one of the two major parties,;which will have to recognize and utilize the new paradigm.

The last time that happened was the huge un-resolved problem of slavery. It was eating away at the national conscience, and there were brawls where both sides contended for their take on that thorny problem. When that happened the new Republican party was created, and it replaced the Whig party, which no longer fulfilled a popular mission.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back