Get out those flags!!!

remie

Jan 8, 2004
Kentucky
Does everyone remember just after 911 how many flags you saw. Everyone flew them proudly and they were everywhere. Sadly you see very few these days Lets get our flags out and fly them in honor of our troops and to celebrate Americas day.

getting ready---got a question tho--my old flag needs to be replaced---whats the proper disposal method? The Boy Scout portion of my brain died.

Originally posted by dilloduck
getting ready---got a question tho--my old flag needs to be replaced---whats the proper disposal method? The Boy Scout portion of my brain died.

Can take to the VFW, they will burn them in the proper way.

Take your old one to the American Legion. They make sure they are disposed of properly.

Thanks--gonna do it today! Finally stopped raining in TX----mosquitos anyone?

We have been really wet here all summer and the mosquitos will carry your ass off. Buy some stock in DEET.

Originally posted by remie
Does everyone remember just after 911 how many flags you saw. Everyone flew them proudly and they were everywhere. Sadly you see very few these days Lets get our flags out and fly them in honor of our troops and to celebrate Americas day.

It is a shame Remie that it took 9/11 to wave those flags. They should be proudly waving all the time. I think what makes me more mad though, and I don't recall the exact town, but in California after 9/11, they had the flags waving and were demanded to take them down to not upset others. This is the one thing that gets me mad. I drive into Perth Amboy, it's mostly Mexicans and Puerto Ricans, and hell, not one USA flag, but the Pureto Rican flag waving on cars, homes, etc...Did they seem to forget where it is that they are? or why not wave BOTH!!!!

Originally posted by remie
Take your old one to the American Legion. They make sure they are disposed of properly.
Thanks remie. Our poor flag looks like it was in the middle of a battle ground. I didn't know what to do with it, I was not going to throw it away or burn it myself!

You know I was in Mexico for 5 days and I really never knew how much I loved the US until I left it !! I have been to Jamiaca before and to Mexico one other time but that was before 9/11.. This time it meant a lot to me to show my passport and be proud to walk back into my country ~ I enjoyed my trip but I was home sick .. We are very fortunate to live here is the wonderful US of A !!!

Thanks for the advice. VFW ladies auxillary took care of it for me. And I found a new flag MADE IN AMERICA !!!! Thank you Wisconsin !!!!!

We just bought a flag for our new house form the Disabled Veterans. I buy something every year from them,but it's usually trash bags LOL! This year since we finally have our house,we bought a flag and it will be out all the time. We do not take it down. God Bless the U.S.!

Forum List

Back