Gerrymander Art

Here's the text of the Voting Rights Act.

Welcome to OurDocuments.gov

Help me find the Gerrymandering Mandate.

Help me teach you how to think.

http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/2011/06/01/voting-rights-act-i-was-wrong-about-racial-gerrymandering/`

QW, you said that the Voting Rights Act "mandated Gerrymandering".

Point to where it says that in the text of the act, or withdraw the claim.

Simple shit, Bro'.

It mandates it because the government says it does. Justice views racial gerrymandering as payback for previous districts drawn by Democrats to eliminate the possibility of blacks getting elected to office. It works the same way the Civil Rights Act works on affirmative action, it ain't in the law, but you can't enforce the law without it. If I have to explain that t again I will place you in the rdean category of posters, is. hopelessly clueless and blindly idiotic.

Redistricting Criteria: The Voting Rights Act - Public Mapping Project

Last edited:
Interesting interpretation. That article is all about Racial Gerrymandering - a process used to ensure racial balance in the districts. Specifically, the intent was to build districts which would each reflect the same racial percentages that are found in the state at large.

Any fool can see that Republican Gerrymandering does quite the opposite - creating districts of exclusion rather than inclusion.

If you were hoping that the VRA connection would be a grand excuse for republican Gerrymandering, think again, Bud.

When the radical left agrees that all Americans are equal regardless of their skin color it will pretty much end the Gerrymandering system.

Dude... Gerrymandering may be an accusation both parties can wear with weird American Political Pride, but Republicans made it an art form.

Proof?

About 1.5 million more votes were cast for democratic house candidates last election than for republicans, and yet the republicans control the house.

Radical House GOP made safe by gerrymandering - Video on NBCNews.com

Gerrymander Math! :thup:
Ahem:

16 of the 21 most-gerrymandered Congressional districts are Democratic.

Let me guess: It's different -- somehow -- it just is!! when Democrats do it.

Of course there will be districts that are Gerrymandered to be democratic districts, Dave!

How do you think they create a republican advantage? It's all about forcing the democrats to waste as many of their votes as possible on the same candidates.

At the risk of repeating myself, about 1.5 million more votes were cast for democratic house candidates last election than for republicans, and yet the republicans control the house.

That's the proof of the overall success of the Republicans over the Democrats in the Gerrymander Wars.

`

The net result of the politicians being involved the process of drawing their own political districts is the extremist tail that's currently wagging the D.C. dog.

This is NOT taxation with fair representation.

Of course there will be districts that are Gerrymandered to be democratic districts, Dave!

How do you think they create a republican advantage? It's all about forcing the democrats to waste as many of their votes as possible on the same candidates.

At the risk of repeating myself, about 1.5 million more votes were cast for democratic house candidates last election than for republicans, and yet the republicans control the house.

That's the proof of the overall success of the Republicans over the Democrats in the Gerrymander Wars.

`
So, Democrats gerrymander districts...and it's the GOP's fault.

Ummm...okay.

Interesting interpretation. That article is all about Racial Gerrymandering - a process used to ensure racial balance in the districts. Specifically, the intent was to build districts which would each reflect the same racial percentages that are found in the state at large.

Any fool can see that Republican Gerrymandering does quite the opposite - creating districts of exclusion rather than inclusion.

If you were hoping that the VRA connection would be a grand excuse for republican Gerrymandering, think again, Bud.

Not true, nut thanks for ignoring reality. I have not one time in this thread supported any type of gerrymandering, all I did was point out your hypocrisy in criticizing it when you actually support it. Now that you have finally admit that you do support gerrymandering, if it does something you like, you have lost in this debate.

`

Ummm...okay.

Ummmm... I've said from the beginning - both of them do it, republicans are just better at it.

Math doesn't lie.

Not true, nut thanks for ignoring reality. I have not one time in this thread supported any type of gerrymandering, all I did was point out your hypocrisy in criticizing it when you actually support it. Now that you have finally admit that you do support gerrymandering, if it does something you like, you have lost in this debate.
:lmao:
Link to a post where I support Gerrymandering and I'll kiss your ass on the 50 yard line of any game you buy tickets for.

And, if it makes a difference, I never accused you of supporting it, unless you happen to be a politician.

The drawing of districts needs to be taken out of the hands of politicians. Every state should move to an independent redistricting commission to draw them out made up of state residents who are not in elected office, employed by the government or any political party, or a member of any political party's committees.

Last edited:

Link to a post where I support Gerrymandering and I'll kiss your ass on the 50 yard line of any game you buy tickets for.

And, if it makes a difference, I never accused you of supporting it, unless you happen to be a politician.

Are you telling me the post where you said racial gerrymandering makes sense wasn't your post?

`

Ummm...okay.

Ummmm... I've said from the beginning - both of them do it, republicans are just better at it.

Math doesn't lie.
Most districts are gerrymandered Dem -- but the GOP keeps winning?

Looks like Dems are pretty damn incompetent, aren't they?

Are you telling me the post where you said racial gerrymandering makes sense wasn't your post?

Where did I say that racial Gerrymandering made sense? The post is nested in above, and nowhere do I say Gerrymandering makes sense.

Pointing out the intent behind the Gerrymandering, as described in the article you linked to, does not amount to declaring support of the practice by me. You seem to be reaching.

When the radical left agrees that all Americans are equal regardless of their skin color it will pretty much end the Gerrymandering system.

Dude... Gerrymandering may be an accusation both parties can wear with weird American Political Pride, but Republicans made it an art form.

Proof?

About 1.5 million more votes were cast for democratic house candidates last election than for republicans, and yet the republicans control the house.

How do you reach that conclusion? It just means that democrats tend to live in high density urban areas and republicans do not. It is exactly the effect you would expect to get using a randomly drawn set of district boundaries.

Where did I say that racial Gerrymandering made sense? The post is nested in above, and nowhere do I say Gerrymandering makes sense.

Pointing out the intent behind the Gerrymandering, as described in the article you linked to, does not amount to declaring support of the practice by me. You seem to be reaching.

Simple question, do you, or do you not, support the idea that districts should be designed to promote racial participation in politics? Is the only thing you object to is the fact that the other guys have an edge?

Proof?

How do you reach that conclusion? It just means that democrats tend to live in high density urban areas and republicans do not. It is exactly the effect you would expect to get using a randomly drawn set of district boundaries.

Tell me something, where were those votes cast? Did they come out of New York, California, Massachusetts, and other stats where Democrats won big? Are we supposed to throw some of the votes from California into Arkansas in order to make the results more to your liking? Will you end up complaining pathetically if that ends up with Republicans winning seats in California?

Proof?

Tell me something, where were those votes cast? Did they come out of New York, California, Massachusetts, and other stats where Democrats won big? Are we supposed to throw some of the votes from California into Arkansas in order to make the results more to your liking? Will you end up complaining pathetically if that ends up with Republicans winning seats in California?

I was making a point about statistics. Don't really give a shit about what ever else is bothering you.

Do you think we'd get consensus on ending the practice?

How would you suggest doing so?

I hear everyone on both sides whine about gerrymandering all the time, but I've never heard anyone come up with a solution that could possibly work.

In the end, someone has the draw the lines.

Randomly draw the boundaries with only two criteria, minimum district border length and the prescribed population number. It would take a computer about a millisecond.

Forum List

Back