Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse

Would you believe them if I provided them?

The correct answer is, no.

So, now let's get to the Constitutionality of district drawing.

What is the criteria? Can you articulate it?

So, now let's get to the Constitutionality of district drawing.

What is the criteria? Can you articulate it?
For God's sake, man. I've provided you links!

I know they are longer than tweets and therefore an intellectual challenge, but at least try.

For God's sake, man. I've provided you links!

I know they are longer than tweets and therefore an intellectual challenge, but at least try.
I don't want links.

I want YOU to articulate what you think the Constitution says about gerrymandering.

I'll even provide a hint.

Gerrymandering is a political term and has nothing to do with the Constitution.

So, what is it that is being accomplished when States draw Representative districts? What is the criteria that is outlined in the Constitution?

I don't want links.

I want YOU to articulate what you think the Constitution says about gerrymandering.

I'll even provide a hint.

Gerrymandering is a political term and has nothing to do with the Constitution.

So, what is it that is being accomplished when States draw Representative districts? What is the criteria that is outlined in the Constitution?
The US Constitution leaves it to the states to determine how elections are done. The time, manner, and places.

The North Carolina constitution dictates how districts are supposed to be drawn. The North Carolina Republicans went against the state constitution.

I can't dumb it down any further than that for you. Sorry.

The US Constitution leaves it to the states to determine how elections are done. The time, manner, and places.

The North Carolina constitution dictates how districts are supposed to be drawn. The North Carolina Republicans went against the state constitution.

I can't dumb it down any further than that for you. Sorry.
I've said nothing about elections and I've specifically stated that I want to know what the US Constitution says about apportionment of Representatives.

So, let's focus shall we?

A bit more basic then.

Why does every state draw districts?

Arizona State Legislature v. Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission

That ruling will figure prominently in the North Carolina case before the US Supreme Court.

In 2000, the voters of Arizona amended their state constitution (Prop 106) to take away the state legislature's ability to draw district maps and established an independent redistricting commission to do the task.

Republican legislators sued the independent redistricting commission in 2012: GOP Lawmakers Sue Redistricting Commission

The case went all the way to the US Supreme Court and in 2015 that body ruled in favor of the independent redistricting commission.

Link

For the state legislative plans, on Aug. 11, 2016, a federal court found that 9 state Senate districts and 19 state House districts were drawn based on an unjustified use of race (because the elections were imminent, the map was used in 2016). Remedial state Senate (SB 691) and state House (HB 927) plans drawn in 2017 were rejected in part because several districts were still based on an unjustified use of race; the federal court modified the state plan on Jan. 21, 2018. After the 2018 elections, two state court decisions found that the 2017 plans were also illegal partisan and mid-decade gerrymanders. On Sept. 17, 2019, the legislature drew a final set of remedial state Senate (SB 692) and state House (HB 1020) plans.

In the 2020 cycle, the North Carolina General Assembly voted to approve new congressional (S740), state Senate (S739), and state House (H976) maps on Nov. 4, 2021. Following legal challenges, on Feb. 4, 2022, the North Carolina Supreme Court struck down the state legislative and congressional plans, finding them “unconstitutional beyond a reasonable doubt under the free elections clause, the equal protection clause, the free speech clause, and the freedom of assembly clause of the North Carolina Constitution.”

Why even bother responding? You guys and girls are toast anyway.

The midterms and 2024 don't look too promising for you and anything we can do to make it worse for you, is on the table. I hate to say "You had it coming", but you had it coming.
Kinda like you had it coming in 2018….and 2020…

lynching the black population.
Tell me all about Canada's stellar record with regard to the indigenous population of your fascist country, duck.
The point is, America is probably more enthralled with a 'queen' than many Canadians.
Linkie duck. Your opinion means nothing.
Do Americans want to share our queen? undoubtedly they do!
You're spouting more unsubstantiated moronic shit, duck. You can't show references for your statements regarding your own country and you know less about ours so once again STFU! Your ignorance is becoming like a persistent fly.
Canada's track record on rights and freedoms as opposed to America's, isn't up for discussion. America slipped to 58th.
You keep posting the same shit from a biased source from three years ago. Meh, Communist News Network style BS. Try again.
As opposed to America's peaceful protest in which upwards of a dozen police officers and mobsters were murdered on the very first day.
The only murder that occurred on or as a result of the protest was an UNARMED female trespasser who was summarily executed by capitol police at the behest of the democrat speaker of the house. There have been numerous questionable suicides by capitol authorities that could have shed some truth to the discussion. You are as full of shit today as you were the day you got drunk and tried to tell us there were over 4 liters in a US gallon. You need to get off of the sauce.

As soon as the ruling was announced my wife and I contributed to a fund that pays for women who can't afford it to travel outside their state to get abortion services. I encourage anyone of like mind to do the same.
And you, too, can become complicit in the murder of an innocent life.

Kinda like you had it coming in 2018….and 2020…

Wrongo. 2018 and 2020 stopped a President whose policies would have prevented what you're getting now: High inflation and CPI rates, your recession, your retirement accounts being drained away, the price of oil rising to $130 per barrel as it did, $5 per gallon or more gasoline prices, dependence on Venezuela and the Saudis for oil, shortages, supply line disruptions, millions of illegals swarming the border, an epidemic of crime and drugs, more COVID deaths than there were under Trump, a dishonorable withdrawal from Afghanistan, a still-increasing trade imbalance with China, Iran getting closer to having nukes, North Korea waving their dicks in your face, and a war in Ukraine that could go nuclear.

You could have prevented those things, but Trump tweeted something you didn't like and you got all butt-hurt about it. Enjoy paying more for your Independence Day holiday more than you've ever had to pay.

It already happened, duck. January 20, 2021. STFU
You got proof of that, you moron? You keep repeating that same claim but I've yet to see you post anything to PROVE it.

So let's have it or STFU.

Now tell me to prove it wasen't, idiot.

Supreme Court to Hear Case on State Legislatures’ Power Over Elections

“The Supreme Court’s decision will be enormously significant for presidential elections, congressional elections and congressional district districting,” said J. Michael Luttig, a former federal appeals court judge. “And therefore, for American democracy.”

Protections against partisan gerrymandering established through the state courts could essentially vanish. The ability to challenge new voting laws at the state level could be reduced. And the theory underpinning the case could open the door to state legislatures sending their own slates of electors.

It is one thing to agree to hear a case, of course, and another to rule on it. But four justices have already expressed at least tentative support for the doctrine, making a decision accepting it more than plausible. The court will probably hear arguments in the fall and issue its decision next year.

Supreme Court to Hear Case on State Legislatures’ Power Over Elections

The fact that the Court is even willing to hear a case involving this crackpot theory is disturbing in and of itself.

Nope. Elbridge Gerry was a Democrat-Republican, also known as the Jeffersonian Republican Party.

Nice try.

LOL, Democrats just flip your lies like pancakes. So no, you haven't read a history book. Explains your grades in high school, huh?

Forum List

Back