Gerrymander Art

Gerrymandering should be unconstitutional, it violates the principles of a Republic/Democracy

According to some, it already is and the current violations are treasonous acts.

That information and $4 will get you a coffee at Starbucks...
:dunno: WYGD?​

Dude... Gerrymandering may be an accusation both parties can wear with weird American Political Pride, but Republicans made it an art form.

Proof?

About 1.5 million more votes were cast for democratic house candidates last election than for republicans, and yet the republicans control the house.

Radical House GOP made safe by gerrymandering - Video on NBCNews.com

Gerrymander Math! :thup:

Illinois 17 is considered a textbook example of gerrymandering taken to the extreme, it wasn't designed by, or for, Republicans.

Ooooo you found a GREAT example of Democrat Gerrymandering...

So fucking what? Doesn't mean Gerrymandering shouldn't be eliminated from the political vocabulary and it doesn't absolve the state-level Republicans and Democrats of their responsibility for the low approval ratings in Congress and the current extremist-driven mess we're in.

Never said it did, did I? I just object to your pretending you are smart enough to prove that one party is worse than the other.

By the way, Illinois 17 is Republican right now.

My point is that the Republicans are the current poster children for successful Gerrymandering.

Just 'cause the Democrats are justifiably jealous doesn't mean Gerry shouldn't be eliminated.

That and voter suppression is going to guarantee the worst of our congress a permanent place at the trough. They get 2/3rds of the year off, a paid vacation. We pay for their health care insurance even while they try to stop us from being able to buy at the same lower rate. Their other benefits are nothing short of obscene.

They steal from the poor and give to the rich and the god damned fucking gullible right wing voter has made it impossible to ever fire the most useless of them. The right wing voter is owned, lock, stock and barrel by the Koch's. Fox, Beck, Limbaugh and other shills tell them what to think.

I've noticed that the very phrases used by them will show up here and then, later, I'll hear that phrase spoken by one of the rw shills when its used as proof of just how corrupt the right is.

We're stuck with this corrupt government. We're stuck with Boehner/Cantor/Ryan and the rest of the thieves. But, that should not stop us from voting against them. We must vote to get our country back.

Which explains why California, which is not only dominated by Democrats, but actually has a citizens committee that draws the maps, doesn't have any gerrymandering.

Either that, or you are a drooling idiot.

California is leading the way back to fair elections, and their politics reflects it.

My point is that the Republicans are the current poster children for successful Gerrymandering.

Just 'cause the Democrats are justifiably jealous doesn't mean Gerry shouldn't be eliminated.

They learned from the Democrats.

Well the TEA Party Wing is living proof that the student has become the master, that's fer damn sure!

That and voter suppression is going to guarantee the worst of our congress a permanent place at the trough. They get 2/3rds of the year off, a paid vacation. We pay for their health care insurance even while they try to stop us from being able to buy at the same lower rate. Their other benefits are nothing short of obscene.

They steal from the poor and give to the rich and the god damned fucking gullible right wing voter has made it impossible to ever fire the most useless of them. The right wing voter is owned, lock, stock and barrel by the Koch's. Fox, Beck, Limbaugh and other shills tell them what to think.

I've noticed that the very phrases used by them will show up here and then, later, I'll hear that phrase spoken by one of the rw shills when its used as proof of just how corrupt the right is.

We're stuck with this corrupt government. We're stuck with Boehner/Cantor/Ryan and the rest of the thieves. But, that should not stop us from voting against them. We must vote to get our country back.

Which explains why California, which is not only dominated by Democrats, but actually has a citizens committee that draws the maps, doesn't have any gerrymandering.

Either that, or you are a drooling idiot.

California is leading the way back to fair elections, and their politics reflects it.

They are? Can you give specific examples?

You don't know about the VRA?

Not by the acronym out of the blue like that.

If you'd be so kind, could you point out the paragraph where the Voting Rights Act 'mandates' Gerrymandering? I couldn't find it in the link you provided.

Look closer.

Lublin, D.: The Paradox of Representation: Racial Gerrymandering and Minority Interests in Congress.

Still not seeing it. Copy and paste something...

They learned from the Democrats.

Well the TEA Party Wing is living proof that the student has become the master, that's fer damn sure!

The TEA Party wasn't around the last time districts were drawn, were they?

Their political evolution started in about 2010 if you ask me. Culminating about now with the shutdown, if I'm a decent judge of history.

Their political evolution started in about 2010 if you ask me. Culminating about now with the shutdown, if I'm a decent judge of history.

Yes, and the maps were redrawn after the census. since they were barely getting into office then,m blaming them for the mess is like blaming Bush for the current economy.

Then again, you do blame Bush for this, so I can see why you are confused.

Pretty!

7districtAzavea.jpg

The infamous Donald Duck kicking Goofy congressional district in eastern Pennsylvania.

Gerrymandering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:eusa_eh: Interesting political experiment.

:eusa_think:

When the thing that's needed to hold power in a democracy is a government of the extremists, for the extremists and by the extremists. :thup:

`
Genuine hand-carved Republican Congressional Districts,

No two alike!

Only $1,000,000 each!

No background check!

Yes, and the maps were redrawn after the census. since they were barely getting into office then,m blaming them for the mess is like blaming Bush for the current economy.

Then again, you do blame Bush for this, so I can see why you are confused.

Sure I blame Bush. And I blame Bush, Reagan, Carter, Clinton, Obama and Ford. They're all responsible for perpetuating the Military-Industrial Complex that spent this country in to extremism.

Here's the text of the Voting Rights Act.

Welcome to OurDocuments.gov

Help me find the Gerrymandering Mandate.

Help me teach you how to think.

http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/2011/06/01/voting-rights-act-i-was-wrong-about-racial-gerrymandering/`

QW, you said that the Voting Rights Act "mandated Gerrymandering".

Point to where it says that in the text of the act, or withdraw the claim.

Simple shit, Bro'.

Pretty!

7districtAzavea.jpg

The infamous Donald Duck kicking Goofy congressional district in eastern Pennsylvania.

Gerrymandering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:eusa_eh: Interesting political experiment.

:eusa_think:

When the thing that's needed to hold power in a democracy is a government of the extremists, for the extremists and by the extremists. :thup:

`

:lol: Hee hee. Donald's got antlers too.

I know that area very well having grown up there. It'd be interesting to put this up against a similar map drawn on income levels. My guess is they'd end up nearly identical.

Here's the text of the Voting Rights Act.

Welcome to OurDocuments.gov

Help me find the Gerrymandering Mandate.

Help me teach you how to think.

http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/2011/06/01/voting-rights-act-i-was-wrong-about-racial-gerrymandering/`

QW, you said that the Voting Rights Act "mandated Gerrymandering".

Point to where it says that in the text of the act, or withdraw the claim.

Simple shit, Bro'.

Ruh roh...

kryptonite.jpg

Forum List

Back