German is the second most important ethnicity/culture in White America

Do you agree after English/British of course? Both ethnically and culturally among White Americans of course.
Why German?

because of large number of people with such ancestry and becaue of cultural influence like beer festivals etc.

20150207_wom911.png

Do you agree after English/British of course? Both ethnically and culturally among White Americans of course.
Why German?

because of large number of people with such ancestry and becaue of cultural influence like beer festivals etc.

20150207_wom911.png
I think that depends on where you live. I know a lot more people with Scots/Irish ancestry.
The Beer Fests are a definite plus on the German side, though, I agree.

If by country of origin, then yea, but by overall influence; I'd say the Irish have that locked down.

St. Paddy's day
Halloween
Catholicism
JFK
O'Bama
freedom minded people.
Apple Pie, Chevrolet, baseball, Beer, Mettwurst, Hot Dog, Hamburger, etc.,

What about the Scottish? What about the Irish? What about the Norwegians?

I count the Scottish as British so do I count the Scots-Irish as British. Maybe even the Irish belong to that Island classification. I count all people from the British Isles as British.Also scottish and irish both do speak english, only a few speak the ancient celtic language.

I count the Scottish as British so do I count the Scots-Irish as British. Maybe even the Irish belong to that Island classification. I count all people from the British Isles as British.Also scottish and irish both do speak english, only a few speak the ancient celtic language.

Tell ya what.....................walk up to some Scotsman sometime and make the mistake of calling them a "Brit".

I guarantee you'd never make that mistake again.

The fact that a language is wiped out by force in no way makes it a different ethnic group. I'm Irish from both parents, I do not speak Gaelic, and I'll tell you right here and now in no uncertain terms I am **NOT** "British".

I question your entire premise in this thread. How do you arrive at a "level of importance" in ethnicity? By numberical concentration? That's a complete non sequitur. My ethnicity is no more or less "important" than that of an Albanian or a Laotian or a Berber. I don't care how many or how few of each there may be. That's utter bullshit.

Last edited:
If by country of origin, then yea, but by overall influence; I'd say the Irish have that locked down.

St. Paddy's day
Halloween
Catholicism
JFK
O'Bama
freedom minded people.
Apple Pie, Chevrolet, baseball, Beer, Mettwurst, Hot Dog, Hamburger, etc.,

"Chevrolet" ??

Did you just post "Chevolet" ??? :banghead:

"Baseball" ? When did baseball become German?

Actually both of those have roots in France. Is France German?

Last edited:

Don't tell a Scotsman or an Irishman they are British.

Why German?

th

Because German-Americans still make up over half the population in the United States. While the Brits only make up about 5% of the total US population.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Here's a really cool map showing each ethnicity's geographic concentration individually ---

dqgSf6t.0.gif

Note however that they count "Irish" "Scottish" and "Scotch-Irish" [sic] as three separate groups.

I'm of Scottish origin. You can thank the Scots for inventing everything but cuisine. Ever seen a Scottish restaurant?

But influence of language, cuisine and overall culture, a tip o' the tam o' shanter goes to the Italians!

Why German?

20150207_wom911.png
You are probably correct. Much of the modern world we take for granted, was brought into existence by Germany. So really German influence is rather important throughout the developed world, regardless of how many Germanic immigrants/decendents there are in a given country.

i thought we had more Americans of German decent than any other E.U. nationality ....more than even English decent?

Forum List

Back