German Industry Flees Solar and Wind Power For the USA's Chearp Gas!

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
Solar and Wind power can not supply industry with the energy it needs to survive. Fortunately in the South Eastern United States, there is a Renaissance of sorts happening with Nuclear Power and Natural Gas power plants being built at levels we have not seen in decades, which is obviously attracting Industry.

Of course, the Democrats hope to crush American Industry by forcing the crushing cost of Solar and Wind along with it's weak electrical output on our economy.

It is time to fight against Solar and Wind, look at the price of produce from California, that is a direct result of the price of Wind and Solar, the price has doubled.

European industry flocks to U.S. to take advantage of cheaper gas

Waselchuk_BASF_Louisiana_81363362188.jpg

LUDWIGSHAFEN, Germany — The sprawling chemical plant in this city along the Rhine River has been a jewel of Germany’s manufacturing-led economy for more than a century. But the plunging price of natural gas in the United States has European companies setting sail across the Atlantic to stay competitive.

German chemicals giant BASF, which operates the plant here, has announced plans for wide-ranging expansion in the United States, where natural gas prices have fallen to a quarter of those in Europe, largely because of American innovations in unlocking shale gas.

........As new dollars pour into the United States, the outflow from Europe is costing jobs and weighing on decisions about ambitious and expensive green-friendly policies that critics say are contributing to the energy-price gap.

Solar is great for residential.
Not hardly, first and foremost, over half the roofs in the USA face the wrong direction! Second, they are extremely expensive, regardless how government regulations and tax breaks hide the cost, eventually someone pays.
Everyone I know who has gone solar, including myself, has reduced their electric bill by at least 80%.
By the way, the installer will let you know if it won't help and guarantees your bill will be LESS than your utility bill.

Everyone I know who has gone solar, including myself, has reduced their electric bill by at least 80%.
By the way, the installer will let you know if it won't help and guarantees your bill will be LESS than your utility bill.
Sure, everyone saves, except the taxpayers.

Okay, lets see the contract, you can black-out the names, post copies of the contract, the receipts, show the total costs of the system. I would also like to see pictures of it, from the connections to the house and whatever battery system it uses, to provide power when you need it, at night.

Also which market are you in, what is your utility, who installed it, where did you buy it from.

I would love to see the complete picture of what you speak of.

Sure, everyone saves, except the taxpayers.

Okay, lets see the contract, you can black-out the names, post copies of the contract, the receipts, show the total costs of the system. I would also like to see pictures of it, from the connections to the house and whatever battery system it uses, to provide power when you need it, at night.

Also which market are you in, what is your utility, who installed it, where did you buy it from.

I would love to see the complete picture of what you speak of.
I am well aware you are an extreme RW Neo-Conservative who can't stand anything "government" has a hand in.
But in this case you will have to suck it up.
Can I show you all the taxes in my electric and gas bills as well?
How about my cell phone bill?
You think any of these services are free of government intervention?
If so, I suggest taking Lexapro and reading your bills.

You should start a thread on how great your solar is, this thread is about industry, where solar has completely failed. Of course, we could talk about how solar is only built with fossil fuels, hence home solar requires a robust Fossil Fuel supplied Industry.

You should start a thread on how great your solar is, this thread is about industry, where solar has completely failed. Of course, we could talk about how solar is only built with fossil fuels, hence home solar requires a robust Fossil Fuel supplied Industry.
Simple...you are dismissing solar completely and I am of the opinion that your POV is foolish.
In certain areas of the country, solar is helping people save huge sums of money so they can pay their other bills, including school and property taxes, and not lose their homes.

I am well aware you are an extreme RW Neo-Conservative who can't stand anything "government" has a hand in.
Gee, ask you to show us the costs by showing us the contract and you throw a hissy fit. Okay I get it, you lied and have been caught. Now go away if all you can do is offer an Utopian Dream without any proof. Dreams and Fantasies, that is all I ever see from your side.

Yea, I would like to know the costs and how the contracts read, you made the post and the claims, seems like a great topic for a thread. Go ahead, start a thread on the subject.

Until then, you simply prove the point, Solar can not supply industry with power, hence European Industry is attracted to the USA's power provided by Natural Gas.

Simple...you are dismissing solar completely and I am of the opinion that your POV is foolish.
In certain areas of the country, solar is helping people save huge sums of money so they can pay their other bills, including school and property taxes, and not lose their homes.
The OP is about Industry? You can not address that, can you. I get it, Solar is about dreams and utopian ideas of society, that is all, you can only distract from the obvious, Solar fails Industry. Period.

Gee, ask you to show us the costs by showing us the contract and you throw a hissy fit. Okay I get it, you lied and have been caught. Now go away if all you can do is offer an Utopian Dream without any proof. Dreams and Fantasies, that is all I ever see from your side.

Yea, I would like to know the costs and how the contracts read, you made the post and the claims, seems like a great topic for a thread. Go ahead, start a thread on the subject.

Until then, you simply prove the point, Solar can not supply industry with power, hence European Industry is attracted to the USA's power provided by Natural Gas.
First of all, I know you're somewhat off and I'm not going to go digging up my contract for you.
So let's say I ask you to show your utility bills and how you pay zero taxes; after all, I presume you're so organized you have EVERYTHING at your fingertips.
You see, I really don't care about your POV because I'm saving a HUGE amount of money every month.

The OP is about Industry? You can not address that, can you. I get it, Solar is about dreams and utopian ideas of society, that is all, you can only distract from the obvious, Solar fails Industry. Period.
I am addressing your sweeping dismissal of an industry as this is about the 1,000th time you've started "this" thread.
And the 1,000th time nobody cares.

I am addressing your sweeping dismissal of an industry as this is about the 1,000th time you've started "this" thread.
I have never addressed German Industry coming to the USA because of the availability of cheap, Natural gas while fleeing the restrictively high cost of Solar Power and its unreliability and inability to power Industry in Germany.

You are addressing "this" thread with, "this" statement"? "Solar is great for residential"?

That is how you address my "sweeping dismissal"? No, you are fool posting nonsensical Utopian Ideals with zero proof, while backpedaling on what you have stated and why.

Now how about that great thread showing us the details of your supposed home solar.

I have never addressed German Industry coming to the USA because of the availability of cheap, Natural gas while fleeing the restrictively high cost of Solar Power and its unreliability and inability to power Industry in Germany.

You are addressing "this" thread with, "this" statement"? "Solar is great for residential"?

That is how you address my "sweeping dismissal"? No, you are fool posting nonsensical Utopian Ideals with zero proof, while backpedaling on what you have stated and why.

Now how about that great thread showing us the details of your supposed home solar.

When PSEG is FORCED by NYS to stop ripping off their customers, their customers will stop going solar.
You are probably retired and living in a low cost electric State and that is your right.

solar does have its place:

AS cabin1-web.jpg

I did this installation (two panels by the door) in about 2001. Enough power over the course of a week to charge batteries sufficiently to last through a 3-day weekend with enough left so the batteries didn't freeze before recharging. Winter sunlight less than 4-hours a day.

What it run?
2- 100 Watt equivalent "curly lamps"
1- 15 Watt incandescent (when needed) in the outhouse
Weather station (on 24/7)
VHF communications transceiver - always on when occupied (had telephone patch ability)
AM/FM/CD combo

Cost:
Basic package, included 1 panel, cable, packaged regulator/battery/inverter $365.00
Second solar panel with cable $75
2 wheelchair batteries for extra storage $175

$615 total.

Closest grid power about 4 miles away - prohibitive cost.

Also installed packages on four mountains to power UHF/VHF repeaters (radio) at typical cost (each) of $1800 in solar equipment adequate to entire use over a full year. Real cost was in building/moving the shelters (helicopter lift).

If I had any reason to considering buying an electric vehicle (can't justify purchase price) I definitely would look into solar for charging . For a whole home? OK, if you're 25 years old and plan to live int he same house all the rest of your life, yeah, there's a great potential payback. If you're 65 or older, you can't live long enough. If you move every 4 years or so (not unusual if you're well employed) then it's a loser.

I will not condemn solar but do urge anyone thinking about it to consider more than just the utility bill. As to "saving the planet"? You could do better just by turning off your computer.

Sorry, I have to disagree with both sides because no one is addressing disposal costs, which is a huge uncounted cost. The Gallium arsenide inside those cells last forever and will remain toxic till the end of time. A hurricane, tornado, earthquake or flood releases that crap into the environment and clean up is expensive. that's the true cost of Solar.

Solar and Wind power can not supply industry with the energy it needs to survive. Fortunately in the South Eastern United States, there is a Renaissance of sorts happening with Nuclear Power and Natural Gas power plants being built at levels we have not seen in decades, which is obviously attracting Industry.

Of course, the Democrats hope to crush American Industry by forcing the crushing cost of Solar and Wind along with it's weak electrical output on our economy.

It is time to fight against Solar and Wind, look at the price of produce from California, that is a direct result of the price of Wind and Solar, the price has doubled.

View attachment 111951
LUDWIGSHAFEN, Germany — The sprawling chemical plant in this city along the Rhine River has been a jewel of Germany’s manufacturing-led economy for more than a century. But the plunging price of natural gas in the United States has European companies setting sail across the Atlantic to stay competitive.

German chemicals giant BASF, which operates the plant here, has announced plans for wide-ranging expansion in the United States, where natural gas prices have fallen to a quarter of those in Europe, largely because of American innovations in unlocking shale gas.

........As new dollars pour into the United States, the outflow from Europe is costing jobs and weighing on decisions about ambitious and expensive green-friendly policies that critics say are contributing to the energy-price gap.

That's right. Kill off all human life (and most of the rest of life on earth) with human caused global warming. Tell me, how will industry survive after that happens.

Solar and wind energy is an excellent example of a suitable energy source for an island where there are no traditional energy sources and consumes no more than 100 MW. The industry needs more reliable and less expensive energy sources

Solar and wind have already become less costly than fossil fuels. And, with the advent of grid scale batteries, will become 24/7 sources of energy.

Solar as an Economic Engine
Nearly 209,000 Americans work in solar - more than double the number in 2010 - at more than 9,000 companies in every U.S. state. By 2021, that number is expected to increase to more than 360,000 workers.

Growth in Solar is led by Falling Prices
The cost to install solar has dropped by more than 60% over the last 10 years, leading the industry to expand into new markets and deploy thousands of systems nationwide.

Solar Industry Facts and Figures

Drive through the frosty stubble of central Minnesota soybean and cornfields this winter and you’d come upon a surprising sight — acres and acres of solar panels glinting under the northern sun. The 1,000-acre North Star Solar farm, which opened in December, is the largest, most northerly solar power plant in the United States, generating up to 100 megawatts of electricity, enough to power 20,000 homes. Prone to smothering blizzards, subzero temperatures, and scant sunlight for much of the year, this boreal clime seems an unlikely spot for a major utility-scale solar installation. But the North Star facility will soon be joined by a 100-megawatt solar plant in neighboring Wisconsin set to break ground later this year.

Thanks to sharply falling prices for solar photovoltaic panels, rapid advances in harvesting the sun’s energy, and support from tax breaks, incentives, subsidies, and state renewable energy mandates, a clean energy technology once largely confined to the desert Southwest is now quickly extending its reach. Idaho and Maine recently opened their first multi-megawatt plants. Alabama, Iowa, Kentucky, and Nebraska are also making their first forays into utility-scale solar, while Florida and Georgia are in the process of super-sizing their existing capacity.

Throughout the United States, more than 10.5 gigawatts (10,500 megawatts) of utility-scale solar was added to the electric grid in 2016 — enough to power more than 2 million homes — and more than 8 gigawatts are scheduled to come online this year, according to a new industry report. Led by utility-sized projects (generally 10 megawatts or larger and producing electricity to sell), the total U.S. solar capacity — including photovoltaic panels on the roofs of homes and buildings — is expected to nearly triple over the next five years.

Northern Lights: Large-Scale Solar Power Is Spreading Across the U.S.

Looks as if there are many people in many states that think that solar is a good investment, and are putting their money on it.

Forum List

Back