Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

If it's pointless, I understand saying it's pointless, but haven't you been arguing that there's nothing wrong with it?

No. Saying Delta was stupid is not saying I support what the GA legislature did. You're just not that bright.

There was a guy who robbed a store, was running from the cops and refused to drop a bag of quarters he was carrying. I was like wow, what a dumb ass.

Your argument is oh your God, kaz supports robbing stores.

It's just butt stupid. There is zero contradictory with saying Delta was stupid for what they did in a red State and I want their special tax break ended regardless. You're obviously not a college graduate

Well, you said this:
Another issue I have is that if specific companies are going to get tax breaks, they should not be hacking politics for either side.
And this:
When Delta is getting a perk not given to other companies from the people of Georgia, they should stay out of politics.
And this:
And you like to ignore that Delta made the choice to enter politics when they were getting a tax break from the people of Georgia.

Choices have consequences no matter how much you want to pretend they don't.

I misinterpreted those kinds of statements, and the fact you have been arguing with people who are saying the GA government was wrong for the way they used the tax break as a pressure, to be indicating that there was nothing wrong with the GA government using the tax break as a pressure.

You also said this:
Everything you said would be reasonable if we were talking about a negative right. But talking about positive rights as if they are negative rights is a non starter.

If the legislature passed a law targeted at Delta to remove a tax break everyone gets, your argument would be valid. Arguing removing a tax break no one else gets is BS.

That was in response to a post of mine in which I said the issue is not about Delta getting a tax break, but about Cagle and the GA government using a tax break to pressure Delta into giving a particular discount. Again, it seemed to indicate that you don't have a problem with the GA government doing what they did. Again, I may have misinterpreted your meaning.

There are other such statements, as well. Individually, and taken as a whole, those statements and the context they have within this thread give an impression that you do not oppose the way the GA government used the potential tax break to attempt to pressure Delta into reinstating the NRA convention discount. I apologize if that impression was incorrect.

Of course, I find it hard to muster too much contrition, considering the way you so quickly tossed around false assumptions about my political affiliations and how I would react to this situation with the involvement of different organizations; even going so far as to bring up examples I had already used and assuming my stance would be different if those organizations were the ones involved. You also indicated that I have been opposing the NRA when I have done no such thing. Despite having made these sorts of assumptions, I have not been rude to you, nor insulted you, yet you have no problem doing those things. Perhaps you might consider the phrase about stones and glass houses...

I tip my hat to your endurance with the spinning top! :bowdown:

Thank you for coming up with your own insult instead of just repeating what I say to you back to me! Very refreshing.

Note you can't come up with any examples that I've ever argued anything but these two simple points.

1) What Delta did was stupid

2) Regardless of 1, I oppose all special tax breaks

Not seeing the spin in there unless like Montrovant you think that saying a robber who won't drop a bag of quarters when running away from the cops means that I am advocating robbery

The problem here is that nobody you have been "discussing" this topic with are speaking of either of those two things, just the actions of the Govt to try and make one private entity give a financial discount to another private entity.

The one thing that you refuse to address....weird.

If it's pointless, I understand saying it's pointless, but haven't you been arguing that there's nothing wrong with it?

No. Saying Delta was stupid is not saying I support what the GA legislature did. You're just not that bright.

There was a guy who robbed a store, was running from the cops and refused to drop a bag of quarters he was carrying. I was like wow, what a dumb ass.

It's just butt stupid. There is zero contradictory with saying Delta was stupid for what they did in a red State and I want their special tax break ended regardless. You're obviously not a college graduate

Well, you said this:
Another issue I have is that if specific companies are going to get tax breaks, they should not be hacking politics for either side.
And this:
When Delta is getting a perk not given to other companies from the people of Georgia, they should stay out of politics.
And this:
And you like to ignore that Delta made the choice to enter politics when they were getting a tax break from the people of Georgia.

I misinterpreted those kinds of statements, and the fact you have been arguing with people who are saying the GA government was wrong for the way they used the tax break as a pressure, to be indicating that there was nothing wrong with the GA government using the tax break as a pressure.

You also said this:
Everything you said would be reasonable if we were talking about a negative right. But talking about positive rights as if they are negative rights is a non starter.

If the legislature passed a law targeted at Delta to remove a tax break everyone gets, your argument would be valid. Arguing removing a tax break no one else gets is BS.

That was in response to a post of mine in which I said the issue is not about Delta getting a tax break, but about Cagle and the GA government using a tax break to pressure Delta into giving a particular discount. Again, it seemed to indicate that you don't have a problem with the GA government doing what they did. Again, I may have misinterpreted your meaning.

There are other such statements, as well. Individually, and taken as a whole, those statements and the context they have within this thread give an impression that you do not oppose the way the GA government used the potential tax break to attempt to pressure Delta into reinstating the NRA convention discount. I apologize if that impression was incorrect.

Of course, I find it hard to muster too much contrition, considering the way you so quickly tossed around false assumptions about my political affiliations and how I would react to this situation with the involvement of different organizations; even going so far as to bring up examples I had already used and assuming my stance would be different if those organizations were the ones involved. You also indicated that I have been opposing the NRA when I have done no such thing. Despite having made these sorts of assumptions, I have not been rude to you, nor insulted you, yet you have no problem doing those things. Perhaps you might consider the phrase about stones and glass houses...

I tip my hat to your endurance with the spinning top! :bowdown:

Thank you for coming up with your own insult instead of just repeating what I say to you back to me! Very refreshing.

Note you can't come up with any examples that I've ever argued anything but these two simple points.

1) What Delta did was stupid

2) Regardless of 1, I oppose all special tax breaks

Not seeing the spin in there unless like Montrovant you think that saying a robber who won't drop a bag of quarters when running away from the cops means that I am advocating robbery

The problem here is that nobody you have been "discussing" this topic with are speaking of either of those two things, just the actions of the Govt to try and make one private entity give a financial discount to another private entity.

The one thing that you refuse to address....weird.

Government sells influence all the time. I'm always against it. You? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Here you're demanding that government provide the influence that they sold to Delta. Screw that, I say don't

Government sells influence all the time. I'm always against it. You? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Here you're demanding that government provide the influence that they sold to Delta. Screw that, I say don't

The only thing I have demanded is that the Govt stay out the private transactions between private entities...anything beyond that is just the result of your overactive imagination.

The only thing I have demanded is that the Govt stay out the private transactions between private entities...anything beyond that is just the result of your overactive imagination.

Bull shit. You keep arguing that the GA government promised Delta a special benefit and you demand they deliver it. Cut the stupid shit.

On another topic, assuming by "gator" you mean you're a UF alum, I'm moving to Florida shortly. Not retiring, a job in Jacksonville

Well, you said this:
And this:
And this:

You also said this:

Note you couldn't come up with a single quote where I said if Delta hadn't attacked the NRA they should keep the tax break. You are just conflating my opinion that it was stupid for Delta to do what they did in a red State with my opposition to special tax breaks. Not one quote contradicted that.

Again, saying a burglar is stupid for not dropping a bag of quarters while he runs from the cops is not advocating burglary. It just doesn't

Not that I never claimed you said anything about Delta being deserving of the tax break.

Your analogy is horrible, by the way. It would be closer to this thread if, instead, you claimed that since you are opposed to robbery, you won't discuss whether holding onto the bag of quarters is stupid or not while arguing with people whose only point is that holding the bag of quarters is stupid.

Bull shit. You keep arguing that the GA government promised Delta a special benefit and you demand they deliver it. Cut the stupid shit.

Nope, not once in all these pages did I ever say that or imply it. My whole problem was the reason why they took it away. Quit lying about me.

On another topic, assuming by "gator" you mean you're a UF alum, I'm moving to Florida shortly. Not retiring, a job in Jacksonville

I have been a Gator fan since 1979. I did attend the UF for 3 semesters but was not ready for college.

25 years later I got my BS and MS from a different university.

Jacksonville is a nice town, my daughter lives there

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Well, you said this:
And this:
And this:

You also said this:

Note you couldn't come up with a single quote where I said if Delta hadn't attacked the NRA they should keep the tax break. You are just conflating my opinion that it was stupid for Delta to do what they did in a red State with my opposition to special tax breaks. Not one quote contradicted that.

Again, saying a burglar is stupid for not dropping a bag of quarters while he runs from the cops is not advocating burglary. It just doesn't

Not that I never claimed you said anything about Delta being deserving of the tax break.

Your analogy is horrible, by the way. It would be closer to this thread if, instead, you claimed that since you are opposed to robbery, you won't discuss whether holding onto the bag of quarters is stupid or not while arguing with people whose only point is that holding the bag of quarters is stupid.

Montrovant: What does you're against special tax breaks even mean? So are you for them or against them? I keep asking you if you're for them or against them and you keep saying you're against them. You keep saying you're against them over and over. And over and over again. So are you for them or against them? I'm so totally confused. Stop saying you're against them and answer the question

Nope, not once in all these pages did I ever say that or imply it. My whole problem was the reason why they took it away

kaz: they should take the tax break away

Gator: I'm for the tax break, but I'm against it because I'm for it and they should remove it. What that you're against them am I supposed to understand? When are you for it when you say you're always against it. You're not making any sense!

Get help, dude

Nope, not once in all these pages did I ever say that or imply it. My whole problem was the reason why they took it away

Gator: I'm for the tax break, but I'm against it because I'm for it and they should remove it. What that you're against them am I supposed to understand? When are you for it when you say you're always against it. You're not making any sense!

Get help, dude

You're stupid.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I believe that's GG's argument in a nutshell.

Get help, dude

You're stupid.

Since when have you ever believed one wrong makes a wrong. so far it's been that zero Republican wrongs make a wrong and twelve democrat wrongs don't make a wrong. But you've never so far believed one wrong made a wrong

Get help, dude

You're stupid.

Since when have you ever believed one wrong makes a wrong. so far it's been that zero Republican wrongs make a wrong and twelve democrat wrongs don't make a wrong. But you've never so far believed one wrong made a wrong

Don't quit your day job, kid.

Get help, dude

You're stupid.

As if you had a day job

Get help, dude

You're stupid.

As if you had a day job

Right, that wasn't much better.

I hope GG doesn't mind, I think his point is that tax breaks shouldn't be given for the sake of benefiting a single corporation. However government also shouldn't punish corporations for favoring or not favoring specific groups, picking winners and losers if you will.

Now, stop being a dumb asshole and go forth a little wiser.

Get help, dude

Get a backbone and some integrity and just admit that you lied and move on. My position on all 168 pages has not changed, sometimes the why is more important than the what. Whether I am for the tax break or against it is irrelevant, all that matters to me is why they did what they did.

Other than the fact you lack even a little bit of integrity, I don't know why this is such a difficult thing for you to understand.

Let me put this in all caps and type really, really slow and see if that helps you...

SOMETIMES THE WHY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE WHAT...

Well, you said this:
And this:
And this:

You also said this:

Montrovant: What does you're against special tax breaks even mean? So are you for them or against them? I keep asking you if you're for them or against them and you keep saying you're against them. You keep saying you're against them over and over. And over and over again. So are you for them or against them? I'm so totally confused. Stop saying you're against them and answer the question

It's amazing how little you seem to understand what the people you are arguing with are actually saying. ;)

Get help, dude

You're stupid.

As if you had a day job

Right, that wasn't much better.

I hope GG doesn't mind, I think his point is that tax breaks shouldn't be given for the sake of benefiting a single corporation. However government also shouldn't punish corporations for favoring or not favoring specific groups, picking winners and losers if you will.

Now, stop being a dumb asshole and go forth a little wiser.

I like how you said what I did twice then insulted me for it. You're known in Latin as a stupid bitch. Pardon my French

Get help, dude

Get a backbone and some integrity and just admit that you lied and move on. My position on all 168 pages has not changed, sometimes the why is more important than the what. Whether I am for the tax break or against it is irrelevant, all that matters to me is why they did what they did.

Other than the fact you lack even a little bit of integrity, I don't know why this is such a difficult thing for you to understand.

Let me put this in all caps and type really, really slow and see if that helps you...

SOMETIMES THE WHY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE WHAT...

I never said you changed your standard. Strawman.

You've consistently said that government should be purchased by the highest bidders unless the NRA is involved in which case you hate them, you hate them they are the devil and should die in hell.

When did I ever say that's not what you said?

Well, you said this:
And this:
And this:

You also said this:

It's amazing how little you seem to understand what the people you are arguing with are actually saying. ;)

I realize that my position that I'm against special tax breaks is very complicated. I majored in math. You have to understand integral calculus, imaginary numbers and linear algebra to understand that I'm against special tax breaks all the time.

Idiot

Forum List

Back