Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

Should it? Should a "red" state be allowed to punish companies who take a "blue" position? That's really the question here. And you can't bring yourself to simply say "no". Why not?

Try reading my post again. I didn't say that, it's a strawman. Nowhere did I say what "should" happen. I said what will happen.

LOL. Try reading my post again. I didn't say you said that. I simply asked you for your opinion on the matter. Do you think states should be allowed to punish taxpayers for their political views?

"And you can't bring yourself to simply say "no". Why not?

No, you didn't ask it as a question, it was a statement.

What about I'm against all special tax breaks all the time is confusing you? What beyond that are you looking for?

I support tax breaks. "Special" tax breaks is government picking market winners.

If you still don't understand, I can't help you

Let me rephrase it for you: Do you think states should be allowed to punish taxpayers for their political views?

(Hint: the answer you're looking for is "no". Why is that so hard for you to type? It's only two letters.)

Can't help ya, guy. I have so clearly answered that several times over.

Doesn't dodging so transparently just make you feel silly?

There's a reason you won't answer. Think about that.

Try reading my post again. I didn't say that, it's a strawman. Nowhere did I say what "should" happen. I said what will happen.

LOL. Try reading my post again. I didn't say you said that. I simply asked you for your opinion on the matter. Do you think states should be allowed to punish taxpayers for their political views?

What about I'm against all special tax breaks all the time is confusing you? What beyond that are you looking for?

I support tax breaks. "Special" tax breaks is government picking market winners.

Let me rephrase it for you: Do you think states should be allowed to punish taxpayers for their political views?

(Hint: the answer you're looking for is "no". Why is that so hard for you to type? It's only two letters.)

You will now go outside and run around your house three times. When you are done, rub your stomach counter clockwise and bark like a dog. Then type the word "translucent" backwards into a blank post.

There's a reason you won't do that. Think about that. It's the answer to why I won't do what you command I do.

I said I'm against ALL special tax breaks ALL the time.

You sit and command me to do your bidding and phrase it as "no." Get over yourself

I said I'm against ALL special tax breaks ALL the time.f

I think the reason you can't bear to answer is because you think it would be a mark against your "side". But that's ridiculous. No one, no "side", is perfect. Not even The Donald™ himself. Why can't you just say - "The Lt. Governor of Georgia was out of line. Government shouldn't be allowed to bully business this way, regardless of which side is doing it." That's not giving anything away. It's not betraying your "side" to admit that one of them made a mistake. But it is betraying your principles, and undermining your credibility, when you pretend that "It's different when we do it.".

Who attacked you for wanting the tax break to end? The argument that I have made, and seen others make, is that the tax break should not be used as a lever against Delta to try to get them to give NRA members a discount.

They didn't do that, simpleton. They ended Delta's special tax break. They didn't make them do anything. Delta wasn't given a choice

Have you not read this thread? The Lt. Governor said "I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA." That is absolutely using the tax break as a lever to attempt to get Delta to reinstate the NRA convention discount. Georgia Republicans threaten to stop Delta tax break over NRA decision

This has been gone over many times. It isn't that the GA government made Delta do anything, it's that they openly used a tax break in an attempt to pressure Delta into giving special treatment to NRA members.

So what? Most of those you're arguing with here agree with you - no one should be getting special tax breaks from the government. The biggest reason to oppose them is exactly what's going on in Georgia: government uses the tax breaks to coerce behavior.

The issue isn't whether Delta should have the tax break to begin with - it's whether tax policy should depend on the political activities of the taxpayer. As a general principle, that's a really dangerous line to cross.

And you idiots are demanding the government continue to give Delta a special tax break because government shouldn't be coercing businesses. Can't make that shit up.

A company takes a blue position in a read State. No, that's not going to go badly ...

Not a single person in this thread had demanded that the government continue to give Delta a special tax break. Do you have to work at being this good of a liar or does it just come naturally?

OMG you're a sheep. I've been continually attacked for saying I want the tax break ended. You are so brainwashed.

Tell the truth, you think Hillary is a cutie, don't you?

Who attacked you for wanting the tax break to end? The argument that I have made, and seen others make, is that the tax break should not be used as a lever against Delta to try to get them to give NRA members a discount. I know that I have said specifically, on more than one occasion, that I don't have any problem with the GA government deciding not to give an airline fuel tax break. It is the way certain representatives specifically dangled that potential tax break as a goad to get Delta to reinstitute a discount I take issue with.

Do you not see how a person can be unhappy with the reason behind an act, even if they are not unhappy with the act itself?

Here's one

No, you are a fascist because you are FOR the government trying to force one private entity to give special perks to a different private entity.

Where does that statement say that your wanting the tax break to end is the problem?

I said I'm against ALL special tax breaks ALL the time.f

I think the reason you can't bear to answer is because you think it would be a mark against your "side". But that's ridiculous. No one, no "side", is perfect. Not even The Donald™ himself. Why can't you just say - "The Lt. Governor of Georgia was out of line. Government shouldn't be allowed to bully business this way, regardless of which side is doing it." That's not giving anything away. It's not betraying your "side" to admit that one of them made a mistake. But it is betraying your principles, and undermining your credibility, when you pretend that "It's different when we do it.".

Gotcha. You mean like tariffs where I'm against Trump. I don't want to do that. From the Democrat apologist, yessurreeee.

I told you to run around your house three times. Don't post again until you do.

You don't get it, do you?

Don't you have a Democrat somewhere to make excuses for?

And you idiots are demanding the government continue to give Delta a special tax break because government shouldn't be coercing businesses. Can't make that shit up.

A company takes a blue position in a read State. No, that's not going to go badly ...

Not a single person in this thread had demanded that the government continue to give Delta a special tax break. Do you have to work at being this good of a liar or does it just come naturally?

OMG you're a sheep. I've been continually attacked for saying I want the tax break ended. You are so brainwashed.

Who attacked you for wanting the tax break to end? The argument that I have made, and seen others make, is that the tax break should not be used as a lever against Delta to try to get them to give NRA members a discount. I know that I have said specifically, on more than one occasion, that I don't have any problem with the GA government deciding not to give an airline fuel tax break. It is the way certain representatives specifically dangled that potential tax break as a goad to get Delta to reinstitute a discount I take issue with.

Do you not see how a person can be unhappy with the reason behind an act, even if they are not unhappy with the act itself?

Here's one

No, you are a fascist because you are FOR the government trying to force one private entity to give special perks to a different private entity.

Where does that statement say that your wanting the tax break to end is the problem?

Not a strong reader, are you? So what is your thought as what he meant by the green? How does he mean that other than I want to end the tax break?

I also said I want to end it if Delta does restore the tax break to Delta. That didn't phase him

Who attacked you for wanting the tax break to end? The argument that I have made, and seen others make, is that the tax break should not be used as a lever against Delta to try to get them to give NRA members a discount.

They didn't do that, simpleton. They ended Delta's special tax break. They didn't make them do anything. Delta wasn't given a choice

They were given a choice, they were told the tax breaks depending upon their giving the discount back to the NRA. Whether that was a lie or not is irrelevant

Bull Shit. Show where the Georgia Legislature gave them a choice

From the LtGov of Georiga...I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA. Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back.

That isn't what you said. You said they offered Delta to keep the tax break if Delta would change their policy on the NRA.

That isn't what this says. This says he will kill any future tax break.

You know they offer remedial reading for government school graduates who didn't learn to read the first time.

No wait, let me guess your retort:

No kaz, YOU can't read ....

LMAO

There was already legislation with the fuel tax break going through the legislature when this statement was made. It had passed the GA House, the governor had spoken in favor of it.

Let's try a different approach, kaz.

Let's say the situation were reversed. What if a blue state was threatening to take tax incentives away from a company for expressing red views? Would you defend the blue state's authority to do that? Or is this just another question you can't let yourself answer?

They were given a choice, they were told the tax breaks depending upon their giving the discount back to the NRA. Whether that was a lie or not is irrelevant

From the LtGov of Georiga...I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA. Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back.

That isn't what you said. You said they offered Delta to keep the tax break if Delta would change their policy on the NRA.

You know they offer remedial reading for government school graduates who didn't learn to read the first time.

LMAO

There was already legislation with the fuel tax break going through the legislature when this statement was made. It had passed the GA House, the governor had spoken in favor of it.

That doesn't contradict what I said. The legislature didn't give Delta a chance to kiss and make up with the NRA, they just stripped it from the bill.

The legislature wouldn't have done that either if Delta just removed the discount. It was their public attack of the NRA they responded to

Let's say the situation were reversed. What if a blue state was threatening to take tax incentives away from a company for expressing red views? Would you defend the blue state's authority to do that? Or is this just another question you can't let yourself answer?

If you mean a "special" tax break, then I would want it removed. I don't care what combination of red and blue states we are talking about.

I want everyone to get a tax break. However, I want no company to get a special advantage over their competitors. That is fascism. And I'm saying just as clearly in other posts that I am 100% against Trump's tariffs. I don't flip positions based on party like you do.

What about that is unclear to you? And have you run around the house three times yet? I forbade you to post until you do. Why won't you do that, I wonder?

How does a so called libertarian not understand libertarianism? You've spent too long as a Democrat apologist

Here's one

Not a strong reader, are you? So what is your thought as what he meant by the green? How does he mean that other than I want to end the tax break?

I also said I want to end it if Delta does restore the tax break to Delta. That didn't phase him

I'll try again: It is not the tax break that is the issue. It is the way the GA government, specifically the Lt. Governor, Cagle, went about so blatantly using the tax break as a way to pressure Delta into giving discounts to the NRA. While "force" was a poor word to use, I still see the same basic principle being involved. Whether you support or oppose the tax break is (or should be) irrelevant to whether or not the Lt. Governor was wrong for making such a statement, for dangling a tax break in front of a private company and using it to attempt to get them to give special deals to a private organization.

I think the attack is based on the perception that you support, or at least do not oppose, the government using the tax break in such a manner. I don't think he was attacking you because you believe the tax break should not pass.

LMAO

That doesn't contradict what I said. The legislature didn't give Delta a chance to kiss and make up with the NRA, they just stripped it from the bill.

The legislature wouldn't have done that either if Delta just removed the discount. It was their public attack of the NRA they responded to

The "kiss and make up" was offered, pretty explicitly. Perhaps the legislature wouldn't have allowed it to get to that point, but Cagle publicly made his support of legislation that included the tax break (which, at that point, was still in the process of going through the legislature) contingent on Delta reinstating their discount for the NRA.

If you mean a "special" tax break, then I would want it removed. I don't care what combination of red and blue states we are talking about.

Try to focus. We're not talking about the virtue of special tax-exemptions. We agree they are bunk.

In this case, the state is happy to keep the tax exemption on the books, as long as the target company does as they're told. That's clearly coercive. Do you support such a practice? Should the state be allowed to reward, and/or punish, taxpayers based on their political activities?

I want everyone to get a tax break. However, I want no company to get a special advantage over their competitors. That is fascism. And I'm saying just as clearly in other posts that I am 100% against Trump's tariffs. I don't flip positions based on party like you do.

What about that is unclear to you? And have you run around the house three times yet? I forbade you to post until you do. Why won't you do that, I wonder?

How does a so called libertarian not understand libertarianism? You've spent too long as a Democrat apologist

You seem to be indicating that, because you oppose all special tax breaks, you cannot have any differing opinion on how government attempts to use those tax breaks. :dunno:

Here's one

I'll try again: It is not the tax break that is the issue. It is the way the GA government, specifically the Lt. Governor, Cagle, went about so blatantly using the tax break as a way to pressure Delta into giving discounts to the NRA. While "force" was a poor word to use, I still see the same basic principle being involved. Whether you support or oppose the tax break is (or should be) irrelevant to whether or not the Lt. Governor was wrong for making such a statement, for dangling a tax break in front of a private company and using it to attempt to get them to give special deals to a private organization.

I think the attack is based on the perception that you support, or at least do not oppose, the government using the tax break in such a manner. I don't think he was attacking you because you believe the tax break should not pass.

I oppose the tax break if Delta makes up with the NRA. I oppose the tax break if they don't. Yeah, obviously a leftist hack would think that means I want Delta to get a tax break if they make up with the NRA

LMAO

The "kiss and make up" was offered, pretty explicitly. Perhaps the legislature wouldn't have allowed it to get to that point, but Cagle publicly made his support of legislation that included the tax break (which, at that point, was still in the process of going through the legislature) contingent on Delta reinstating their discount for the NRA.

They didn't give Delta time to kiss and make up. This is a pointless argument. All I said is that Geezing Gator's quote didn't say what he said. It didn't

You seem to be indicating that, because you oppose all special tax breaks, you cannot have any differing opinion on how government attempts to use those tax breaks. :dunno:

He seems to be indicating that partisan loyalty is more important than principles.

That's clearly coercive. Do you support such a practice?

Yes, clearly in saying I want the tax break revoked regardless of whether Delta makes up with the NRA or not means I support the legislature tying that decision to whether Delta makes up with the NRA to reward or punish them.

Delta makes up with the NRA - kaz: remove the tax break
Delta doesn't up with the NRA - kaz: remove the tax break

OMG, you're right. This is all about Delta making up with the NRA to me!!!!

You have serious issues. I don't know if it's reading comprehension, partisan bias, raw intelligence or what, but something isn't clicking in your brain

That would be a logical conclusion, yes. Because I oppose all special tax breaks, I do in fact oppose every use of special tax breaks. That's actually a tautology

Forum List

Back