George Zimmerman

Trayvon was no angel

No one ever said he was.

But whether he as ‘bad’ or not is irrelevant, Martin wasn’t on trial.

And what conservatives either fail or refuse to understand is that the troubling aspect of the case was Zimmerman’s decision to pursue Martin when instructed not to do so by the police. The only logical inference as to Zimmerman’s motive was racial profiling.

Did Martin, because he was ‘bad,’ at some point confront Zimmerman, attack him, beat him, compelling the former to lawfully kill the teenager in self-defense? According to Florida law, yes; Martin is alone responsible for his death, a consequence of his immaturity or poor decision-making or both.

Moreover, private citizens have the right to be racist, they have the right to racially profile young black men and presume they’re predisposed to violent crime, and they have the right to pursue them armed and kill them in self-defense with impunity if warranted.

No one is disputing these facts of law, and the verdict is perceived as just and appropriate.

However lawful Zimmerman’s actions, still not addressed is the initial troubling question as to why he simply didn’t heed the admonishment of the dispatcher, and allow the police to investigate the matter. Had Zimmerman only followed these simple instructions, Martin would be alive, and Zimmerman would not have lost over a year of this life caught up in this tragedy.

It is also perfectly appropriate for African-Americans to contemplate the same troubling question, the role racism played in the incident, and why Zimmerman simply didn’t stay in his car or just go home, because at that point he was in no danger of serious injury or death. Indeed, it’s also perfectly appropriate to question as to why Zimmerman felt the need to leave a safe, secure location to confront a dangerous, crime-prone young black male, as human nature tends toward avoiding danger and risk, not seeking it out.

Needless to say this question will never be addressed, not in the context of the racial, emotional, and partisan maelstrom that engulfs the controversy

He was not instructed not to follow. The rest of your post is hubris. You should have cut class and watched the trial. You can still find the actual dialog with the dispatcher online if you wish to be educated.

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved....

---Jesse Jackson.

• Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in "Crime: New Frontier - Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue" by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)

At the time, I wondered about the head wounds. They didn't seem to be in the right place and I wondered if they were seen right away. They didn't bleed very much for a head wound. Just very curious about them. And whether Z could breathe with a nose full of blood and able to scream while he was on his back...

Last edited:
“In my mind, I believe Trayvon,” Jeantel said. “It was Trayvon because like I say, it was the headset. I know Trayvon. That headset [is] always over by his chest area. And I was on the phone. Why would Trayvon leave me on the phone if he wanted to start something? That’s a black — well, not a black situation, any teen situation — ‘I’m gonna call you back.’ Trayvon had not said nothing to me. The only things, ‘OK, I’m at the back. I’m almost at my daddy’s fiancée house. Wow.”

Jeantel: I believe Trayvon hit first [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

More on Juror B37

- She dislikes the media in general and considers it worthless. "You never get all the information... it's skewed one way or the other."

- "I don't listen to the radio" or read the internet, she said. Her only news about the case came from the Today show. "Newspapers are used in the parrot's cage. Not even read," she said. "It's been so long since I even read one. The only time I see em is when I'm putting them down on the floor."

- During questioning, she referred multiple times to "riots" in Sanford after Trayvon Martin was killed. "I knew there was rioting, but I guess [the authorities] had it pretty well organized," she says at one point. In fact, despite a great deal of salivating anticipation by the media both before and after the trial, there were no riots in Sanford, Florida.

- She referred to the killing of Trayvon Martin as "an unfortunate incident that happened."

Other than the riot part she was spot on.

What does that have to do with the point made.

This woman was ignorant. She really thought there were riots after Trayvon was shot.

And they seated her anyway.

Your point? You guys think there are riots going on now. Talk about pot and kettle.

The verdict is in. The jury----ALL OF THEM state that the issue of race never came up. Don't lie.

Wrong. One of them has clearly said they have no intention of commenting.

He had a phone, he should have gone to his the house where he was staying and called the police. Shootspeeders knows this.

So, in order to protect himself from being murdered by the Neighborhood Watch Captain, he should have run home and called the police, and because he didn't do that, he is responsible for his own murder. I see. Makes sense. That's what the Neighborhood Watch is for, to pose a life threatening presence that innocent, unarmed people need to run from and call the police to protect themselves from, and if they don't do that, and are murdered by the Neighborhood Watch Captain, it is their own fault. Talk about reality being turned upside down. :cuckoo:

No, in order to avoid being killed in a fight he should have gone home. If he was scared he should have called the police while continuing his leisurely walk home. That he didn't shows he did something else between the time he said he was being followed and the time he hit Zimmerman.

He was not murdered.

Don't you see the irony here? Don't you see how wrong and upside down this is? That he should have to run home and call the police to protect himself from the Neighborhood Watch Captain, the man who was supposed to be protecting every innocent resident of the neighborhood? Don't you see how the situation George Zimmerman created is the exact opposite of the kind of situation his presence is supposed to be creating? Rather than creating more safety, he made it more hazardous, far, far more hazardous. Zimmerman was in the wrong, completely in the wrong. Trayvon should have not beenn put in a position to run and hide from this guy. WHY DID GEORGE ZIMMERMAN NEVER IDENTIFY HIMSELF AS NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH TO TRAYVON?????? If he had, Trayvon would be alive.

Neighborhood Watch guidelines Zimmerman was supposed to follow:

“Their duty is to be the eyes and ears. Report crime as they see it,” said Dorival, adding that she provided handouts stressing this and also explained it verbally during the meeting. ....

Guy asked Dorival what the handouts and her instructions tell volunteers to do if they begin following a suspicious person.

“We tell them they don’t do that. That’s the job of law enforcement,” she replied.

The same instructions apply to confronting a suspicious person, Dorival said. She said her presentation would advise people, “Not to confront, to let … the police department do the job.“They’re not supposed to take matters into their own hands. … Let law enforcement take the risk of approaching a suspect,” Dorival said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...n-neighborhood-watch-20130625,0,7056736.story Zimmerman's vigilantee attitude caused the death of an innocent person.

Last edited:
He had a phone, he should have gone to his the house where he was staying and called the police. Shootspeeders knows this.

So, in order to protect himself from being murdered by the Neighborhood Watch Captain, he should have run home and called the police, and because he didn't do that, he is responsible for his own murder. I see. Makes sense. That's what the Neighborhood Watch is for, to pose a life threatening presence that innocent, unarmed people need to run from and call the police to protect themselves from, and if they don't do that, and are murdered by the Neighborhood Watch Captain, it is their own fault. Talk about reality being turned upside down. :cuckoo:

No, in order to avoid being killed in a fight he should have gone home. If he was scared he should have called the police while continuing his leisurely walk home. That he didn't shows he did something else between the time he said he was being followed and the time he hit Zimmerman.

He was not murdered.

had martin called the police to report this

they would have said

oh that is George Zimmerman neighborhood watch guy

we have him on the other line

and then they would have told George that the other person

is treyvon martin who is visiting his dad

but martin didnt do that

instead he circled back and started confrontation

that led to his death

He was not murdered.

Don't you see the irony here? Don't you see how wrong and upside down this is? That he should have to run home and call the police to protect himself from the Neighborhood Watch Captain, the man who was supposed to be protecting every innocent resident of the neighborhood? Don't you see how the situation George Zimmerman created is the exact opposite of the kind of situation his presence is supposed to be creating? Rather than creating more safety, he made it more hazardous, far, far more hazardous. Zimmerman was in the wrong, completely in the wrong. Trayvon should have not beenn put in a position to run and hide from this guy. WHY DID GEORGE ZIMMERMAN NEVER IDENTIFY HIMSELF AS NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH TO TRAYVON?????? If he had, Trayvon would be alive.

“Their duty is to be the eyes and ears. Report crime as they see it,” said Dorival, adding that she provided handouts stressing this and also explained it verbally during the meeting. ....

Guy asked Dorival what the handouts and her instructions tell volunteers to do if they begin following a suspicious person.

“We tell them they don’t do that. That’s the job of law enforcement,” she replied.

The same instructions apply to confronting a suspicious person, Dorival said. She said her presentation would advise people, “Not to confront, to let … the police department do the job.“They’re not supposed to take matters into their own hands. … Let law enforcement take the risk of approaching a suspect,” Dorival said.

Rules for neighborhood watch discussed in George Zimmerman trial - latimes.com Zimmerman's vigilantee attitude caused the death of an innocent person.
You have to realize that when Trayvom approached in an aggressive manner towards Zimmerman sitting in his truck and then took off running after seeing Zimmerman on the phone, the dispatcher asked him 'which way is he running?' It was only logical for George to exit his vehicle to see where he ran off to in order to report that to the dispatcher so he could direct cops to the vicinity of where he ran. Unfortunately Trayvon was a speed demon and disappeared only to reappear 4 minutes later and confront George as he's walking back to his truck. Zimmerman did everything within the law. Even juror B-37 stated that she believed the dispatcher 'egged' Zimmerman to get out of his vehicle.

Last edited:
Juror 37, who refused to have her image appear on Anerson Cooper's show, continually referred to Zimmerman as "George"

"I felt George was innocent the first day of the trial".

She is from Sanford, has 2 children, and her husband carries a gun.

"Race was not an issue, it's just that Trayvon Martin looked suspicious.

A jury of your peers.

God help us.

:(

Just because someone 'looks' suspicious is no reason to stalk them and kill them.
Racist bitch.

He was not murdered.

Rules for neighborhood watch discussed in George Zimmerman trial - latimes.com Zimmerman's vigilantee attitude caused the death of an innocent person.
You have to realize that when Trayvom approached in an aggressive manner towards Zimmerman sitting in his truck and then took off running after seeing Zimmerman on the phone, the dispatcher asked him 'which way is he running?' It was only logical for George to exit his vehicle to see where he ran off to in order to report that to the dispatcher so he could direct cops to the vicinity of where he ran. Unfortunately Trayvon was a speed demon and disappeared only to reappear 4 minutes later and confront George as he's walking back to his truck. Zimmerman did everything within the law. Even juror B-37 stated that she believed the dispatcher 'egged' Zimmerman to get out of his vehicle.

This is total BS. You suffer from self-serving reasoning.

[

what he had in his hand is irrelevant. Zimmerman never even mentioned to the 911 officer that the suspicious individual was carrying something.

I have a question.....

A 6 foot tall man was walking through a closed neighborhood. The community night watchman did not recognize him as a resident.

What should the watchman do at that point?

Call the police.

Stay in his car.

Don't go chasing the guy with a gun.

All the stuff that his Community Watch guide told him to do.

More on Juror B37

- She dislikes the media in general and considers it worthless. "You never get all the information... it's skewed one way or the other."

- "I don't listen to the radio" or read the internet, she said. Her only news about the case came from the Today show. "Newspapers are used in the parrot's cage. Not even read," she said. "It's been so long since I even read one. The only time I see em is when I'm putting them down on the floor."

- During questioning, she referred multiple times to "riots" in Sanford after Trayvon Martin was killed. "I knew there was rioting, but I guess [the authorities] had it pretty well organized," she says at one point. In fact, despite a great deal of salivating anticipation by the media both before and after the trial, there were no riots in Sanford, Florida.

- She referred to the killing of Trayvon Martin as "an unfortunate incident that happened."

Other than the riot part she was spot on.

What does that have to do with the point made.

This woman was ignorant. She really thought there were riots after Trayvon was shot.

And they seated her anyway.

Your point? You guys think there are riots going on now. Talk about pot and kettle.

I'm not sure who "you guys" are. I know there aren't riots going on now, much to my surprise.

But what I did find telling here is that this woman things a bunch of black people peacefully demonstrating constitutes a "riot". It tells me that she thinks black folks are scary and she needs self-appointed vigilantes like Zimmerman to protect her from them.

Georgie didn't call the police for nothing. Trayvon was hanging out in someone's yard. Later, he came out of a bush and attacked him. And when police lied to him and told him that someone video recorded the incident, his reaction was "Thank God!" These are just a few things that overwhelmingly point to his innocence. Only racist hatemongers are carrying the torch against Zimmerman.

Georgie didn't call the police for nothing. Trayvon was hanging out in someone's yard. Later, he came out of a bush and attacked him. And when police lied to him and told him that someone video recorded the incident, his reaction was "Thank God!" These are just a few things that overwhelmingly point to his innocence. Only racist hatemongers are carrying the torch against Zimmerman.

He should have stayed in his car like a good little boy.

Except there were no Bushes on the street where Zimmerman said he was attacked.

And Zimmerman was told there were survellience cameras, which as a member of the community watch, he knew there weren't.

Zimmerman shot an unarmed black child after profling and stalking him. He needs to be in prison.

And Zimmerman was told there were survellience cameras, which as a member of the community watch, he knew there weren't.

Zimmerman shot an unarmed black child after profling and stalking him. He needs to be in prison.

but there was by the T where the incident started

Zimmerman was told there were survellience cameras, which as a member of the community watch, he knew there weren't.

the cop told George Zimmerman that the video came from martins cell phone

[

the cop told George Zimmerman that the video came from martins cell phone

No, he didn't, and that was even more ridiculous. So he's claiming that Martin was beating him with both fists, holding his mouth shut, going for his gun AND filiming it on his cell phone.

PCU2137.jpg

Actual picture of the suspect!

Forum List

Back