George Washington Carver

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
I was surprised to see he was not mentioned 15-17 years ago, in end of the century polls on the question of America's greatest scientist. I am now convinced it is racism, he is now #9 in recent polls; I learned about him in public schools, but obviously not enough. I welcome any responses though on the issue of racism, black individuals have greater insight than I:

Why is it a surprise to you that science and technology has made monumental strides, compared to 15-17 years ago?

This is their big moment.......................

Peanut butter the racial transition.

Get real , silly negro

Last edited:
Why is it a surprise to you that science and technology has made monumental strides, compared to 15-17 years ago?

I reference history. Carver was, and is, the greatest. Again, why? Other historical figures do not get swept away in this young nation, other nations have honored Carver more than the US has. Does that not bother you?

I reference history. Carver was, and is, the greatest. Again, why? Other historical figures do not get swept away in this young nation, other nations have honored Carver more than the US has. Does that not bother you?

Not at all. It bothers me more that Eli Whitney never gets recognition for inventing the cotton gin. That did after all, free up many slaves for more enjoyable activities such as making merry songs, drinking, dancing, and robbing convenience stores.

You sully Carver's name; he rose from poverty. Yes, historians like DuBois, educators like Booker T. Washington, and many, many others also were great. Greatest scientist remains Carver in my eyes.

You sully Carver's name; he rose from poverty. Yes, historians like DuBois, educators like Booker T. Washington, and many, many others also were great. Greatest scientist remains Carver in my eyes.

You can't have a decent conversation here because these racists will troll. Even worse some of the moderators will troll with them.

Thanks anyway. Carver was the greatest of all, stautes of him dot nations in other parts of the world. After his death, his work saved hundreds of thousands in India, SE Asia....a genius no one cannot expect to suddenly be, he must be remembered. (As should Julian, Amos, et. al.)

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Thanks anyway. Carver was the greatest of all, stautes of him dot nations in other parts of the world. After his death, his work saved hundreds of thousands in India, SE Asia....a genius no one cannot expect to suddenly be, he must be remembered. (As should Julian, Amos, et. al.)

They would rather erect statues of Stonewall Jackson here than recognize the greatness of anyone who is not white. But you are the racist or even mentioning that a black man actually accomplished something. This is the lunacy we are dealing with here.

It's interesting that some racist COWARDS dismiss the work of historic geniuses, while they personally have never so much as successfully assembled a coffee table from IKEA. Oh, but these same COWARDS never miss a chance to pretend they are owed a share of the glory of other such historic geniuses because they share a skin tone - and nothing else.

They would rather erect statues of Stonewall Jackson here than recognize the greatness of anyone who is not white. But you are the racist or even mentioning that a black man actually accomplished something. This is the lunacy we are dealing with here.

Then one can never know US history. Now, W.E.B. Dubois remains a great historian, historians agree. Still, his genius created tedius reading, digging through is rewarded. Likewise B.T. Washington. (I am still excited about black history as it is less studied.)

Then one can never know US history. Now, W.E.B. Dubois remains a great historian, historians agree. Still, his genius created tedius reading, digging through is rewarded. Likewise B.T. Washington. (I am still excited about black history as it is less studied.)

I have a problem with Booker T Washington. His philosophy was bad for black progress.

Carver was great, but wasn't he primarily in agriculture? Seems to me that Ben Franklin did much more to change the world in his time. lets see,

he invented bi focals, the flexible catheter, invented the lightning rod which actually saved lives, invented the franklin stove which gave out superior heat in freezing winters which also saved lives, was the first to note that electricity had a positive and a negative, invented swim fins, he observed the effects of lead poisoning, He also founded or co- founded the first public library where you could check out books, the nations first fire department, Americas first art academy, America's first public hospital. like Carver, he did not patent anything but let it be used freely by the public. He invented a clock that used a simplified form of only three gears, he studied the theories of heat transfer, and ocean temperatures. I think for his time he was much more diverse in his curiosity of invention. Of course they lived in different time periods and the methods of study had changed some by the time Carver was around.

Carver may have been the most influential in agriculture I think .He did things that revolutionized that area

I have a problem with Booker T Washington. His philosophy was bad for black progress.

So did Du Bois. yes, Washington said "suffer, do not advance until: _______" He must be remembered however as daring to address the subject, in his times. (Samuel Trotter was more like _________ Trotters newspaper was his life in a sense.)

Carver was great, but wasn't he primarily in agriculture? Seems to me that Ben Franklin did much more to change the world in his time. lets see,

he invented bi focals, the flexible catheter, invented the lightning rod which actually saved lives, invented the franklin stove which gave out superior heat in freezing winters which also saved lives, was the first to note that electricity had a positive and a negative, invented swim fins, he observed the effects of lead poisoning, He also founded or co- founded the first public library where you could check out books, the nations first fire department, Americas first art academy, America's first public hospital. like Carver, he did not patent anything but let it be used freely by the public. He invented a clock that used a simplified form of only three gears, he studied the theories of heat transfer, and ocean temperatures. I think for his time he was much more diverse in his curiosity of invention. Of course they lived in different time periods and the methods of study had changed some by the time Carver was around.

Carver may have been the most influential in agriculture I think .He did things that revolutionized that area

Well this is what Peach is talking about Benjamin Banneker existed and actually did as much, if not more than Franklin.

His genius lay in agriculture across the board; it led to inventions, advances in chemistry, and medicine. Carver handled what was in front of him, hundreds of products from the peanut, and other US 'natural' agricuture. Many of Franklin's designs were...designs only. Also in limitation, Franklin was not born in America, the nation did not yet exist.

• Thanks

Well this is what Peach is talking about Benjamin Banneker existed and actually did as much, if not more than Franklin.

Banneker is another under rated scientist, born in 1731, astronomer, mathematician, etc. I limited the GREATEST only to born in the US, died in the US. Good to see more than white names however, that I see as racism.

• Thanks

So did Du Bois. yes, Washington said "suffer, do not advance until: _______" He must be remembered however as daring to address the subject, in his times. (Samuel Trotter was more like _________ Trotters newspaper was his life in a sense.)

Dubois was the one who saw that blacks could advance if we formed organizations to use the power of coalitions. He helped found the NAACP which has turned out to be the greatest organization blacks have had relative to achievement. Booker T's wait and maybe one day whites will respect us method did not and has never worked. Blacks already knew trades. Washington is promoted by whites for his soft approach. What about Lewis Latimer? We wouldn't really have light if not for him.

The Black Inventor Online Museum | Lewis Latimer

Black greats have been passed over in the "all white" history, it must end.

Forum List

Back