George Clooney hits the nail on the head

Clooney could never run..he's banged to many hotties. Obama won essentially because he's a nose to the grindstone clean as a whistle policy wonk and a nerd.

Funny that conservatives shake and quake in their boots over someone like that.

:lol:

Obama is a "nose to the grindstone" guy? You're kidding, right? Until he got into Columbia and Harvard utilizing Affirmative Action he'd been been the classic stoner slacker for most of his life. He's the only President of the Law Review who never published an article in the Law Review. He got his book deal and a job at a Chicago law firm out of being Pres. of the Law Review and promptly took off for Bora Bora to write it. He voted "present" 129 times while he was a State Senator and passed zero legislation that he had sponsored in his first six years as an State Senator. Then Emile Jones the leader of the black Chicago political machine took Obama under his wing and allowed him to put his name on legislation that other Democrats had worked on for years. When he got to the US Senate the same thing happened...because he was an "up and coming star" of the Democratic Party he was allowed to put his name on legislation that he himself did little to craft. Since his Presidency began he's spent most of his time either flying around the country doing "town hall meetings" or fund raisers. He let Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid craft every piece of legislation in his first term.

Barack Obama is probably the least "nose to the grindstone" guy we've ever had sitting in the Oval Office.

Clooney could never run..he's banged to many hotties. Obama won essentially because he's a nose to the grindstone clean as a whistle policy wonk and a nerd.

Quake in my boots over Obama? No, I don't think so, but thanks for offering that up Sallow. What I quaked about from the beginning was a man who had absolutely NO experience governing anything and who has spent the last three years learning 'on the job.' What I do quake about now is a man who for three years has completely and utterly mucked up every attempt to fix the economy and is so completely clueless that we are going to have to endure yet ANOTHER speech by him on Thursday (I'll be watching the Packers thank you), proposing the same failed policies and trillions of dollars more in spending which he will have to borrow from the Chinese.

As for George Clooney running for office? I say let him go for it. We couldn't do much worse than we are right now. At least Jimmy Carter knew when to shut up. Barry thinks that his speeches actually fix something.

Isn't he one of the leaky douche bags that said he would move to Canada if Bush got elected?

Aside from being a douche...

what political jobs has he had that he could put on a resume?

Look, I learned that dems have a very low requirement for running for Pres, but zero, has to be too much for even them.

Swing..and a miss.

Clooney never said he was going to leave America.

You're thinking of the Baldwins.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfEYoXMwyNw]SOUTH PARK BOMBING THE BALDWINS - YouTube[/ame]

He still a douche bag.

so lets call that a foulball

:eusa_angel:

George Clooney has ruled himself out of a future role as US President, citing Barack Obama’s current troubles as a reason to avoid the job.

The Hollywood actor campaigned for Obama during the last election and speaks up regularly on political issues, leading some to posit him as the Democrats’ answer to Ronald Reagan.

However, at the Venice Film Festival he shot down the ‘Clooney for President’ rumours once and for all.

“As for me running for President - look, there’s a guy in office who is smarter than anybody you know, and nicer, and he’s having an almost impossible time governing.
“Why would anyone volunteer for that job? I have a very good job. So I have no interest,” he said.

George Clooney: Why I won't stand for President - Telegraph

:lol: :lol: That Clooney, what a hoot! Funny, funny guy . . . . . .

George Clooney has ruled himself out of a future role as US President, citing Barack Obama’s current troubles as a reason to avoid the job.

The Hollywood actor campaigned for Obama during the last election and speaks up regularly on political issues, leading some to posit him as the Democrats’ answer to Ronald Reagan.

However, at the Venice Film Festival he shot down the ‘Clooney for President’ rumours once and for all.

“As for me running for President - look, there’s a guy in office who is smarter than anybody you know, and nicer, and he’s having an almost impossible time governing.
“Why would anyone volunteer for that job? I have a very good job. So I have no interest,” he said.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well--his statement just goes to show--that the Smartest and Nicest People--does NOT necessarily mean they're going to make the best Presidents---

Jimmy Carter is a very SMART man and is nice too. Both of these Presidents have very high I.Q's--but their policies were and are failures. Both these men have such high I.Q's that they are incapable of recognizing problems within their own polices- and ideologies--therefore they won't change non-working policies-- making them incapable of being good leaders.

What this country did is elect President who had very little experience--really never worked a day in the private sector--very little prior accomplishments other than writing papers in college--and this country ignored this because of perfectly pronounced speeches--staged lighting and Greek columns.

In his New York Times Sunday Review essay “What Happened to Obama?” Emory University psychology professor Drew Westen summed up the president’s lack of experience with devastating succinctness.

“Those of us who were bewitched by his eloquence on the campaign trail chose to ignore some disquieting aspects of his biography: that he had accomplished very little before he ran for president, having never run a business or a state; that he had a singularly unremarkable career as a law professor, publishing nothing in 12 years at the University of Chicago other than an autobiography; and that, before joining the United States Senate, he occasionally, as a state senator in Illinois, voted ‘present’ on difficult issues,” wrote Westen, author of The Political Brain: The Role of Emotion in Deciding the Fate of the Nation.
[...]

Great: Now Even Committed Democrats Concede Obama ‘Had No Accomplishments Prior to Being Elected’ – Thanks for Nothing, Dems! | Conservatives4Palin

Last edited:

Obama is a "nose to the grindstone" guy? You're kidding, right? Until he got into Columbia and Harvard utilizing Affirmative Action he'd been been the classic stoner slacker for most of his life. He's the only President of the Law Review who never published an article in the Law Review. He got his book deal and a job at a Chicago law firm out of being Pres. of the Law Review and promptly took off for Bora Bora to write it. He voted "present" 129 times while he was a State Senator and passed zero legislation that he had sponsored in his first six years as an State Senator. Then Emile Jones the leader of the black Chicago political machine took Obama under his wing and allowed him to put his name on legislation that other Democrats had worked on for years. When he got to the US Senate the same thing happened...because he was an "up and coming star" of the Democratic Party he was allowed to put his name on legislation that he himself did little to craft. Since his Presidency began he's spent most of his time either flying around the country doing "town hall meetings" or fund raisers. He let Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid craft every piece of legislation in his first term.

Barack Obama is probably the least "nose to the grindstone" guy we've ever had sitting in the Oval Office.
You racist!!

Right, USMB lefties?

SO?!?! You're a Nazi activist. We hear from both sides here. Your party hardly has anything to brag about vs. the commies!!! :anj_stfu:
Really? The Wall came down. That was Ronald Reagan.

How about you learn some history instead of feebly attempting to re-write it?
Actually, the Wall came down under GHW Bush.

DA--DUH-

The History Place - Great Speeches Collection: Ronald Reagan Speech 'Tear Down this Wall'

over Clooney?.....

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That makes him more qualified than Obama ever was.

I've never understood the left's fascination with the opinions on geopolitics of entertainment figures.

Really, guys? Sean Penn? Barbra Streisand? Rosie O'Donnell? :lol:

You forgot Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Neil Boortz and Rush Limbaugh. A true list of losersl

Clooney is trying to hammer with a feather duster.

The physics just does not work out well in these situations.

Forum List

Back