Genius Parents Are Organizing ‘Pox Parties’ on Facebook

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Idiotic parents who choose not to vaccinate their children are mailing viruses to other idiotic parents so they can time when their kid gets sick with diseases like chicken pox. And they're organizing it all on Facebook.

Genius Parents Are Organizing 'Pox Parties' on FacebookCBS 5 KPHO in Phoenix reported on the extremely gross, not to mention dangerous, shipping of infected lollipops, Q-tips and rags enclosed in nothing more than a zip lock bag.

Genius Parents Are Organizing 'Pox Parties' on Facebook

Isn't there a law against this?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
My dad never bought into that ( those parties were normal in the fifties-sixties) so I didn't get polloPox until my twenties. Damn near killed me and left me sterile ( tank Gawd).
I think there certainly is a better way than through the mail but murkinz will be murkinz.
I'd also say people on MySpace and Facebook will be the first to disappear once the culling begins.

Idiotic parents who choose not to vaccinate their children are mailing viruses to other idiotic parents so they can time when their kid gets sick with diseases like chicken pox. And they're organizing it all on Facebook.

Genius Parents Are Organizing 'Pox Parties' on FacebookCBS 5 KPHO in Phoenix reported on the extremely gross, not to mention dangerous, shipping of infected lollipops, Q-tips and rags enclosed in nothing more than a zip lock bag.

if there's not, there should be. it's medical neglect.

i remember when i was little, people would put their kids in the bath together when one got chicken pox so the second kid would get it, too. that way they'd be done with it all at once. but it's kind of bizarre in this day and age.

i didn't think people did that stuff anymore, particularly when we have varicella vaccines.

nutters.

Last edited:
It made good sense to get your young kid infected with chickenpox or measles before there were vaccinations for it.

douger honey, its mumps that leave a man sterile ...not chicken poxs....

i have never had the mumps.....i dont live in fear of it...

i would never expose a child to chicken pox on purpose.....it leaves one open for shingles

There is no law against Stupidity. Which is unfortunate.

chicken pox leads to shingles and such in later life.
Get vaccinated!

But Thomsen warned the lollipops could carry more dangerous viruses, including hepatitis.
Martin said it is a federal crime to send diseases or viruses across state lines, whether through the U.S. Postal Service or private services like FedEx or UPS. Sending the lollipops would be illegal under the same law that makes it illegal to mail contagions like anthrax. He said a conviction could lead to a sentence from less than a year to 20 years in prison.
Prosecutor to parents: Mailing chickenpox virus is illegal | syracuse.com

My dad never bought into that ( those parties were normal in the fifties-sixties) so I didn't get polloPox until my twenties. Damn near killed me and left me sterile ( tank Gawd).
I think there certainly is a better way than through the mail but murkinz will be murkinz.
I'd also say people on MySpace and Facebook will be the first to disappear once the culling begins.

something we agree on

who knew?

this was pretty common when i was a kid.

so were pteradactyls

so were pteradactyls
My parents and their friends would put us in a pit with the pteradactyls so we could get the experience to slay them later in life. The kids that didn't make it probably would have succumbed to the measles anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

But a friend of mine who works for CPS told me that some parents have been reported for doing this. But I dont think anything ever happens to them.

Last edited:
how stupid that they dont realise they are doing much the same as the vacine does but the vacine does it with an altered sample.

Jesus people can be so brick brained

so were pteradactyls

Really? ...

1. Pteradactyl

When your fucking a girl from behind, just as your about to cum you raise your arms in triumph and let out a terrifying shreik mimicking the prehistoric winged animal...the Pteradactyl.

Last night when I was nailing my girl, just before I came I pteradactyled her and was like "AARAAAGHHH"!

Urban Dictionary: Pteradactyl

so were pteradactyls
My parents and their friends would put us in a pit with the pteradactyls so we could get the experience to slay them later in life. The kids that didn't make it probably would have succumbed to the measles anyway.

there was no vaccine for polio, chicken pox, measles, mumps or german measles when i was a very young kid. i remember kids in my 1st grade class that ahd to wear leg braces because of polio.

fucking pteradactyls ate em like m&ms

It made good sense to get your young kid infected with chickenpox or measles before there were vaccinations for it.

that makes some sense.

but to do it now? nutterville.

i don't understand the refusal to vaccinate. i just don't.

its because parents today did not grow up with the really bad diseases, such as polio, mumps, measles, whooping cough, etc. All they have for reference is the occasional side effect from vaccination, which makes not vaccinating seem like an OK idea.

What they forget is that complications from vaccines are in the 1 in 100,000 range, where complications from the disease itself are in the 1 in 100 to 1,000 range.

What I find interesting is that anti vaccine nutters are often more left leaning, new age types. It seems "anti science" is a term that can be used against both sides of the political spectrum.

that makes some sense.

its because parents today did not grow up with the really bad diseases, such as polio, mumps, measles, whooping cough, etc. All they have for reference is the occasional side effect from vaccination, which makes not vaccinating seem like an OK idea.

What they forget is that complications from vaccines are in the 1 in 100,000 range, where complications from the disease itself are in the 1 in 100 to 1,000 range.

What I find interesting is that anti vaccine nutters are often more left leaning, new age types. It seems "anti science" is a term that can be used against both sides of the political spectrum.

i agree with the entire first two paragraphs of your post. :thup:

i don't know that they've ever quantified the politics of people refusing to vaccinate. nor have you given a link to a basis for your surmise. but i'm thinking it's more rightwingers who think gubment [sic] is out to get them.

that makes some sense.

i don't know that they've ever quantified the politics of people refusing to vaccinate. nor have you given a link to a basis for your surmise. but i'm thinking it's more rightwingers who think gubment [sic] is out to get them.

didn't see that coming...
:D

that makes some sense.

They are a subset, usually complaining about government making you do things in general, not just vaccination due to schooling, but public schooling in general.

You also may be right about the political divide. My perception bias may be due to the occasional celebrity support of anti vaccine crap, and celebrities tend to trend left.

More Polling Data On The Politics of Vaccine Resistance | The Intersection | Discover Magazine

Forum List

Back