How effective anxiety meds suppose to be?

bishvabis

Rookie
Nov 7, 2011
Are they supposed to stop all the anxiety or what. Ive been on paxil 20 mg and it hasnt done anything for my anxiety which iexperience all day long.

Are they supposed to stop all the anxiety or what. Ive been on paxil 20 mg and it hasnt done anything for my anxiety which iexperience all day long.

Ativan or xanax may work better for you. Xanax is great for panic attacks but short lived. Ativan can improve anxiety for eight hours.

Smoke dope. Its safer and more effective than most anti-axiety meds

Additionally, unlike every other drug your doctor can give you for anxiety, pot has no toxic effects.

Sure it makes you a criminal.

But which would you rather be: a healthy criminal who commits a misdemeanor every day, or a sickly dupe of BIG PHARMA who will migrate from one anti-anxiety med to another because eventually none of them actually work?

Last edited:
Smoke dope. Its safer and more effective than most anti-axiety meds

Additionally, unlike every other drug your doctor can give you for anxiety, pot has no toxic effects.

Sure it makes you a criminal.

But which would you rather be: a healthy criminal who commits a misdemeanor every day, or a sickly dupe of BIG PHARMA who will migrate from one anti-anxiety med to another because eventually none of them actually work?

'Safer'? That must the delusions bought on by smoking dope talking.

Idiot.

smoke makes it worse for a lot of people.....the attacks.....exercise will help.....just get out and walk if you can

and dont believe anyone who says they will never stop.....but the best thing is exercise

I take Xanax for a few reasons.
Anxiety....Stress....my nerves......one would have to understand my life to know why I take them.
They are indeed prescribed to me by my doctor.....in fact, I am prescribed to take 3 pills per day. I don't usually take 3 a day tho.........sometimes I can get thru the day pretty much with no problems, but sometimes at night, I will take 2 or 3 at once, to help me relax and try and sleep.
The sleeping doesn't always come easy~
But Xanax does help my tummy settle down, relaxes me....makes me feel more calm.
I would be totally lost without them~

I don't like medications so I meditate and exercise. It helps some but nothing will keep you cool and calm all the time. You have to deal with life as it comes.

dosage is increased cause you are building a resistance to them.....you need to try something else...
what clears your head? art will normally do that.....makes one side of the brain work and lets the other side rest....

i know that sounds sillie and easy but try it...doctors use drugs cause that is what they know....

a good smell will help...lavendar relaxes....and a hot shower works wonders for me (begins to claw at dry skin)

xanax is highly addictive

I can honestly say I know I am not an addict, but I do feel better knowing I have them within reach.
Anxiety attacks and panic attacks and just living with a nervous upset feeling in your tummy, is not an easy thing to do, nor is it fun~
I seriously only take mine when I feel I just REALLY need to....I do not just pop them on a whim.

I don't like medications so I meditate and exercise. It helps some but nothing will keep you cool and calm all the time. You have to deal with life as it comes.

Meditation, exercise and a healthy diet for me with a big side order of positivity in the thoughts I think and the words I use. It works, if one is willing to go that route. Once dependent on Ativan to get through my day, only used now if I want to sleep for 10-12 hours ... which is rare.

smoke makes it worse for a lot of people.....the attacks.....exercise will help.....just get out and walk if you can

and dont believe anyone who says they will never stop.....but the best thing is exercise

I had a few bad anxiety attacks long ago, but they gave me Clonazepam for them which I took for 8 years, and they did stop. I stopped taking it probably 15 years ago and haven't had an attack since.

Medication is essential for SOME people. They can function quite normally without, whereas they deteriorate without it.

Some forms of mental illness have biological causes.

Meditation, exercise and a healthy diet for me with a big side order of positivity in the thoughts I think and the words I use. It works, if one is willing to go that route. Once dependent on Ativan to get through my day, only used now if I want to sleep for 10-12 hours ... which is rare.

For sleeping......which is something I have issues with as well....my doctor prescribed me Ambien.
But I am only to take it if I am able to get 7 or 8 hours of sleep........that's most of the time not possible for me, but I do have those too, in case I feel the urge to "get some serious sleep".
Actually, I think I am afraid more of taking pills to help me go to sleep....than I am taking the Xanax :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back