Gaza Economy Collapsing

P F Tinmore, montelatici, et al,

I honestly don't know. I think it has something to do with when it was drawn up from the archive.

Why is a 2009 notice of blockade copyrighted 2015?
(COMMENT)

This is an online form. I think --- maybe the form/format or the system application might be "copyrighted."

Israel had declared the Gaza territorial sea restricted before they removed the settlements from Gaza and after. A blockade in the form of restricting navigation has always been in place.
NTM 2454 from 2004

2454/2004 ISRAEL – Mediterranean Sea Coast – Ashqelon South-westwards – Restricted area.
Source: Israeli Notice 5/04
Chart 2634 ED50 DATUM
Insert limit of restricted area, Ç, joining:

2846/2004 ISRAEL – Mediterranean Sea Coast – Ashqelon South-westwards –
Legend. Cautionary note.
Amend legend to, Security Area K (see Note), centred on: 31° 41´·5N., 34° 17´·2E.
Insert the accompanying note, SECURITY AREA K, centred on: 31° 35´·5N., 35° 00´·5E.

NTM 3696 from 2006

3696/2006 ISRAEL – Mediterranean Sea Coast – Ashqelon Westwards – Restricted areas.

Legends.
Source: Israeli Notice 6/06
Chart 2634 ED50 DATUM
(COMMENT)

These are amendments and changes to already publish and purchased navigation charts. The is no question that is amends Charts of the Gaza coast, marking restrictions, but it does not say what the restrictions are. Restriction set some sort of limitation (speed, size, draft, etc, etc). A Blockade is an outright prohibited are.

I can definitely see your confusion. For some people, a Restricted Area is interpreted as a Blockade.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, montelatici, et al,

I honestly don't know. I think it has something to do with when it was drawn up from the archive.

(COMMENT)

This is an online form. I think --- maybe the form/format or the system application might be "copyrighted."

Israel had declared the Gaza territorial sea restricted before they removed the settlements from Gaza and after. A blockade in the form of restricting navigation has always been in place.
NTM 2454 from 2004

2454/2004 ISRAEL – Mediterranean Sea Coast – Ashqelon South-westwards – Restricted area.
Chart 2634 ED50 DATUM

Legend. Cautionary note.
Amend legend to, Security Area K (see Note), centred on: 31° 41´·5N., 34° 17´·2E.
Insert the accompanying note, SECURITY AREA K, centred on: 31° 35´·5N., 35° 00´·5E.

NTM 3696 from 2006

3696/2006 ISRAEL – Mediterranean Sea Coast – Ashqelon Westwards – Restricted areas.

Legends.
Chart 2634 ED50 DATUM
(COMMENT)

These are amendments and changes to already publish and purchased navigation charts. The is no question that is amends Charts of the Gaza coast, marking restrictions, but it does not say what the restrictions are. Restriction set some sort of limitation (speed, size, draft, etc, etc). A Blockade is an outright prohibited are.

I can definitely see your confusion. For some people, a Restricted Area is interpreted as a Blockade.

Most Respectfully,
R

You are confused. If you know anything about charts you will see that the restricted area is equivalent to the area described in your 2015 copyrighted propaganda piece.

Does this mean that what Israel does is none of your god damn business either ?
No, it means who Israeli's choose as their government, is none of my business. But what my government does, "is" my business. And I don't want my government giving Israel military aid that they go out and commit war crimes with.

So why do you go out of your way to make it your business ?
Because your lobby groups won't stay the fuck out of my government.

^ totally over your head. Dickhead.
Care to explain that one in a little more detail?

Israel needs to end the occupation, whether Hamas is there or not. Furthermore, Israel has no right restricting the Palestinians movement on their OWN FUCKING PROPERTY!

So WTF is over my head, asshole?

m

Want to try again as the evidence says hamas won the elections in 2006 and the blockade went on in 2007. Why do you LIE when the evidence is so easy to find

Blockade of the Gaza Strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well, if you want to get technical, the blockade started in 1991.

...the gradual closure of Gaza began in 1991, when Israel canceled the general exit permit that allowed most Palestinians to move freely through Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories. It was then that non-Jewish residents of Gaza and the West Bank were required to obtain individual permits.

...in 1995, the Israelis erected a fence around the Gaza Strip.

...in September of 2000, Palestinian students were subject to a blanket ban, forbidding travel from Gaza to the West Bank. At this time, the Israelis also closed the “safe passage” -- an armored convoy that facilitated Palestinian movement between the occupied territories.

The 2005 disengagement supposedly signaled the end of the Israeli occupation of Gaza. But, in reality, it brought more Israeli limitations on the movement of both people and goods.

The number of day laborers exiting Gaza via the Erez crossing offers a dramatic example. In January of 2000, an average of 17,635 day laborers passed through Erez every day. In January of 2005, that number had dropped to 49.

You don't go from over 17,000 to 49, without a blockade present.

^ totally over your head. Dickhead.
Care to explain that one in a little more detail?

Israel needs to end the occupation, whether Hamas is there or not. Furthermore, Israel has no right restricting the Palestinians movement on their OWN FUCKING PROPERTY!

So WTF is over my head, asshole?
I was being as obviously sarcastic as humanly possible.

"P F Tinmore, et al,

I believe you are wrong.

Gaza was under blockade before Hamas was elected.
(COMMENT)

The Islamic Resistance Movements (HAMAS) was elected in Jan '06; next year it will be a decade.

The Blockade was put into effect in Jan '09, three years after the election. The Notice to Mariners is clear.

Most Respectfully,
R

"Israel withdrew its military forces and settlers from the Gaza Strip in 2005, but it still controls Gaza’s airspace, territorial waters, and land borders..."

Israel/Gaza: Israeli Blockade Unlawful Despite Gaza Border Breach

But does not occupy gaza under the terms of IHL or the Geneva conventions. To do so they would need to garrison gaza so that no more rockets could be fired into Israel.

"P F Tinmore, et al,

I believe you are wrong.

Gaza was under blockade before Hamas was elected.
(COMMENT)

The Islamic Resistance Movements (HAMAS) was elected in Jan '06; next year it will be a decade.

The Blockade was put into effect in Jan '09, three years after the election. The Notice to Mariners is clear.

Most Respectfully,
R

Because that is how copyright works, it is re done every year. If you own intellectual rights to something you need to re-do the copyright at certain intervals to keep those rights.

NTM 2454 from 2004

Chart 2634 ED50 DATUM
(a) 31° 35´·18N., 34° 28´·34E.
(b) 31° 35´·45N., 34° 29´·29E. (shore)
(c) 31° 46´·57N., 34° 09´·79E.
(d) 31° 45´·32N., 34° 08´·82E.
legend, Security Area K, within: (a)-(d) above

Legend. Cautionary note.
Chart 2634 ED50 DATUM
Cautionary-Note-Magenta

NTM 3696 from 2006

Legends.
Chart 2634 ED50 DATUM
31° 35´·9N., 34° 29´·6E.(shore)
31° 37´·8N., 34° 27´·1E.
31° 38´·8N., 34° 27´·8E.
31° 44´·0N., 34° 18´·7E.
31° 42´·6N., 34° 17´·6E.
31° 35´·8N., 34° 29´·5E.(shore)
and
31° 41´·7N., 34° 22´·7E.
31° 40´·5N., 34° 21´·8E.
31° 37´·6N., 34° 26´·7E.
31° 38´·9N., 34° 27´·6E.
legend, Area No 611, centred on: 31° 42´·5N., 34° 19´·0E.
legend, Area No 611A , centred on: 31° 40´·0N., 34° 24´·0E.

Notices to Mariners

Not the same area at all, looik at the co-ordinates and you will see they are completely different

montelatici, et al,

Without regard to the initial point, the question still remains: It is prudent to lift the imposed containment restrictions.

(COMMENT)

The Arab Palestinians have a long established history of criminal behaviors.

• In what world do you rationalize unrestrained freedom for a culture of people that collective pose a threat to the Region?
  • What do you do with a culture of people that directly advocate Islamic Jihad?

The Palestinians needs to clean-up their culture, their morals and the ethics they practice.

"Palestinians with a choice of remaining at war with Israel or remaining at war with each other. Israel's distaste for Hamas is understandable, but it remains a political reality that cannot be wished away or boycotted out of existence. In any case, it is hard to see how a divided and dysfunctional Palestinian entity would be able to make peace, much less enforce the terms of any future deal." SOURCE: Brookings Institute 25 04 14

Most Respectfully,
R

Arab Palestinians have behaved as all people under foreign domination have behaved. Nothing criminal about it.

It is the Israelis that have to atone for their long established murderous and criminal behavior. From their neocolonialism and their subjugation of people based on religion.

The Palestinians pose no more threat to the region than any other colonized people in the respective regions where colonialism was practiced.

The European colonizers and their descendants are what have posed a threat to the region.

Firing illegal weapons indiscriminately is not what others under foreign domination do, that is a wholly Palestinian trait that should result in them being attacked by UN forces. Isn't your occupation of Amerindian lands not also neocolonialism and subjugation of people based on religion not the same thing ?

Does this mean that what Israel does is none of your god damn business either ?
No, it means who Israeli's choose as their government, is none of my business. But what my government does, "is" my business. And I don't want my government giving Israel military aid that they go out and commit war crimes with.

So why do you go out of your way to make it your business ?
Because your lobby groups won't stay the fuck out of my government.

Then take it up with your representative, not screeching racist remarks on a message board. You can always make a stand and refuse to pay your taxes and see where that gets you ?

Not my lobby groups at all as I don't see any UK lobbyists in America, but I do see many Islamic lobby groups buying and selling American politicians even your president has been bought by islam.

m

Want to try again as the evidence says hamas won the elections in 2006 and the blockade went on in 2007. Why do you LIE when the evidence is so easy to find

Blockade of the Gaza Strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well, if you want to get technical, the blockade started in 1991.

...the gradual closure of Gaza began in 1991, when Israel canceled the general exit permit that allowed most Palestinians to move freely through Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories. It was then that non-Jewish residents of Gaza and the West Bank were required to obtain individual permits.

...in 1995, the Israelis erected a fence around the Gaza Strip.

...in September of 2000, Palestinian students were subject to a blanket ban, forbidding travel from Gaza to the West Bank. At this time, the Israelis also closed the “safe passage” -- an armored convoy that facilitated Palestinian movement between the occupied territories.

The 2005 disengagement supposedly signaled the end of the Israeli occupation of Gaza. But, in reality, it brought more Israeli limitations on the movement of both people and goods.

The number of day laborers exiting Gaza via the Erez crossing offers a dramatic example. In January of 2000, an average of 17,635 day laborers passed through Erez every day. In January of 2005, that number had dropped to 49.

You don't go from over 17,000 to 49, without a blockade present.

Only one problem you are using Islamic lies and propaganda as evidence of your Jew hatred. As for allowing access to Israel why do you stop access to America to drug dealers, murderers, thieves, terrorists, Mexicans, Syrians and many other people. You cant have one law for Israel and another law for the US

According to a World Bank study, Gaza's economy has been crippled by soaring unemployment, border restrictions imposed by Egypt and Israel, government dysfunction and perhaps most importantly, a shortage of international aid. Once again those hapless Arab "refugees" have been betrayed by their own poor choices ... in this case, Hamas:

"Infighting between Gaza’s Islamist Hamas rulers and the Western-backed Palestinian Authority president, Mahmoud Abbas, the report said, is delaying reconstruction of the tiny territory, which suffered widespread damage during the war."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/23/w...omy-on-verge-of-collapse-world-bank-says.html

Maybe if Muslims prayed less and studied things besides Qur'an they'd have more infrastructure.

According to a World Bank study, Gaza's economy has been crippled by soaring unemployment, border restrictions imposed by Egypt and Israel, government dysfunction and perhaps most importantly, a shortage of international aid. Once again those hapless Arab "refugees" have been betrayed by their own poor choices ... in this case, Hamas:

"Infighting between Gaza’s Islamist Hamas rulers and the Western-backed Palestinian Authority president, Mahmoud Abbas, the report said, is delaying reconstruction of the tiny territory, which suffered widespread damage during the war."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/23/w...omy-on-verge-of-collapse-world-bank-says.html

The problem is, the Israelis keep pushing things so the right, ie Hamas, do well, and Hamas push things so the right in Israel do well, who push the right in Gaza, who push the right in Israel and on and on until the only winners are the right.

Then take it up with your representative, not screeching racist remarks on a message board. You can always make a stand and refuse to pay your taxes and see where that gets you ?

Not my lobby groups at all as I don't see any UK lobbyists in America, but I do see many Islamic lobby groups buying and selling American politicians even your president has been bought by islam.
And you're getting off topic. Shame on you.

Here is the current situation in the Gazan economy as of July 2015...

In June 2007, following the takeover of Gaza by Hamas, Israel imposed a land, sea and air blockade on the Gaza Strip.

The blockade has reduced Gaza’s GDP by 50% (The World Bank, May 2015).

The unemployment rate in Gaza during 2014 stood at 43% on average: the highest in the world. Youth unemployment exceeded 60% (PCBS).

Nearly 80% of Gaza’s population receives some form of international aid, the bulk of which is food assistance.

The daily average of crossings by permit holders out of Gaza via the Israeli-controlled Erez Crossing in the first five months of 2015 stood at 449, more than double the same period of 2014, but less than 2% of the 26,000 daily crossings prior to September 2000 (second intifada).

The Egyptian-controlled crossing (Rafah) has been continuously closed, including for humanitarian assistance, since 24 October 2014, except for 15 out of 219 days of partial openings, as of May 2015.

Kerem Shalom is the only commercial crossing currently operating, out of four such crossings prior to the imposition of the blockade.
Israel defines basic construction materials (gravel, steel bars, and cement), along with a wide range of spare parts, computer equipment, and vehicles, as “dual use” items, restricting their import.

Less than 1% of the construction materials required to rebuild houses destroyed and damaged during hostilities, and to address natural population growth, have so far entered Gaza (Shelter Cluster, June 2015).
408 truckloads of commercial goods exited Gaza via Israel in the first fivemonths of 2015, an almost five-fold increase compared to the same period of 2014 (83), but only 7% of the volume in the equivalent period of 2007, prior to the imposition of the blockade (5,451 truckloads).
Israel is one evil fucking country to be doing this.

Access to areas within several hundred metres from the Israeli fence surrounding Gaza is risky or prohibited, discouraging or preventing farming activities.
Fishermen are allowed to access less than one third of the fishing areas allocated to them under the Oslo Accords: six out of 20 nautical miles.

And you're getting off topic. Shame on you.

Here is the current situation in the Gazan economy as of July 2015...

In June 2007, following the takeover of Gaza by Hamas, Israel imposed a land, sea and air blockade on the Gaza Strip.

The blockade has reduced Gaza’s GDP by 50% (The World Bank, May 2015).

The unemployment rate in Gaza during 2014 stood at 43% on average: the highest in the world. Youth unemployment exceeded 60% (PCBS).

Nearly 80% of Gaza’s population receives some form of international aid, the bulk of which is food assistance.

The daily average of crossings by permit holders out of Gaza via the Israeli-controlled Erez Crossing in the first five months of 2015 stood at 449, more than double the same period of 2014, but less than 2% of the 26,000 daily crossings prior to September 2000 (second intifada).

The Egyptian-controlled crossing (Rafah) has been continuously closed, including for humanitarian assistance, since 24 October 2014, except for 15 out of 219 days of partial openings, as of May 2015.

Kerem Shalom is the only commercial crossing currently operating, out of four such crossings prior to the imposition of the blockade.
Israel defines basic construction materials (gravel, steel bars, and cement), along with a wide range of spare parts, computer equipment, and vehicles, as “dual use” items, restricting their import.

Less than 1% of the construction materials required to rebuild houses destroyed and damaged during hostilities, and to address natural population growth, have so far entered Gaza (Shelter Cluster, June 2015).
408 truckloads of commercial goods exited Gaza via Israel in the first fivemonths of 2015, an almost five-fold increase compared to the same period of 2014 (83), but only 7% of the volume in the equivalent period of 2007, prior to the imposition of the blockade (5,451 truckloads).
Israel is one evil fucking country to be doing this.

Access to areas within several hundred metres from the Israeli fence surrounding Gaza is risky or prohibited, discouraging or preventing farming activities.
Fishermen are allowed to access less than one third of the fishing areas allocated to them under the Oslo Accords: six out of 20 nautical miles.

Answering your comments is not going off topic, unless your comments are deflection to take the thread off topic

You do realise that there is a list of banned goods that is internationally recognised and that Israel allows many of those goods through. It is under no legal obligation to allow free passage across its land, air or maritime space for goods destined to gaza.
The reason that very little building supplies have arrived in gaza is because the nations that promised those supplies have since reneged on their promises, nothing to do with Israel

Again no legal obligation to all free passage by land, sea or air across Israel or Egyptian property. If there was the US would now be an Islamic caliphate.

Want to try again using relevant evidence and not cherry picked propaganda issues.

Forum List

Back