Israel: Tourism struggles to recover from Gaza war

montelatici

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2014
"Last summer's war between Israel and the Gaza-based Hamas militants took a heavy toll on the flow of tourists to the country, especially outside the cosmopolitan hub of Tel Aviv, figures released this week by the Israel Hotel Association reveal.

Despite hopes for recovery, the country's tourism sector is struggling to recover from the blow of the Gaza war, registering a 26 percent drop compared to the first quarter of last year."

Israel Tourism struggles to recover from Gaza war i24news - See beyond

It\s happened every time there is a war. But each time, Israel's economy goes back to normal, and propagandists like you who cannot handle the truth start crying.

It\s happened every time there is a war. But each time, Israel's economy goes back to normal, and propagandists like you who cannot handle the truth start crying.

The fact is, tourism in Israel is down. The propagandists post propaganda that claim it isn't so. Can you see the difference?

The fact is, tourism in Israel is down. The propagandists post propaganda that claim it isn't so. Can you see the difference?
It's down about 20% thru February to 10% at the present time. But is expected to pick up during the 3d and 4th quarters. That's because of last years conflict that Hamas started. If Hamas starts more shit then naturally tourism will suffer. All the more reason to annihlate the Hamas plague.

Israeli hoteliers see continued tourist decline in first half of 2015 - Business - Jerusalem Post

"Last summer's war between Israel and the Gaza-based Hamas militants took a heavy toll on the flow of tourists to the country, especially outside the cosmopolitan hub of Tel Aviv, figures released this week by the Israel Hotel Association reveal.

Despite hopes for recovery, the country's tourism sector is struggling to recover from the blow of the Gaza war, registering a 26 percent drop compared to the first quarter of last year."

So the answer is to neutralise hamas so they cant attack Israel anymore, and this would safeguard the tourists visiting Israel and Jerusalem

"Israel Tourism struggles to recover from Gaza war"

ca'monnn. ... aren't you tired of trying to ...."make israel's tourism look worse than the gaza strips' tourism?)" -- i don't know the figures, but i bet they have better tourism than most islamic countries put together.

see for yourself:

No, he said:

"i bet they have better tourism than most islamic countries put together." Which is patently untrue.

I think what he meant by better tourism is MORE tourism.

Well Israel does not have more or better tourism. Morocco alone has 5 times the tourism of Israel.

What the hell does 'better' tourism even mean? Richer tourists who spend more money?

BTW, Israel is about 22,000 squared km with a population of 8 million. Morocco is over 700 000 squared km with a population of over 33 million. More people + more space = more accommodations for tourists.
Israel has much more tourists per squared km, so to speak.

You really should check before you make idiotic assertions.

Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, UAE, Jordan and Saudi Arabia have more tourisim than Israel. Morocco and Egypt about 5 times as much. Saudi Arabia shouldn't count, however, because the Haj is not really tourism.

World Tourism rankings - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
He said MOST Islamic countries, not all.

"he said." toastman, why ? you know i'm not a he....

You really should check before you make idiotic assertions.

Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, UAE, Jordan and Saudi Arabia have more tourisim than Israel. Morocco and Egypt about 5 times as much. Saudi Arabia shouldn't count, however, because the Haj is not really tourism.

World Tourism rankings - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Don't think so as Egypt has not recovered from the drop in tourism from when the M.B. where in charge

Who cares, tourism to Israel is down, that is the fact and the propagandists who post otherwise are propagandists.

Who cares, tourism to Israel is down, that is the fact and the propagandists who post otherwise are propagandists.

While tourism to gaza is still at zero and anyone that says otherwise is a brainwashed islamomoron liar.

1. War breaks out.

2. People die.

3. Tourism becomes dangerous in close proximity to the war zone.

4. It takes a while for tourism to recover in those nearby areas.

5. Dog bites man.

6. MEH.

===========================================================

Then again, I'll bet that the Gazans will need just a wee bit MORE time for THEIR tourism to recover, eh?

090118-bartlett-gaza.jpg

Any time that you'd like to trade 'Damage to Tourism' stories, as a holistic discussion of total percentages still extant, feel free...

Then again, how many people really want to visit a shit-hole like Gaza, run by Neanderthals, on behalf of idiots?

===========================================================

The dealing of a crippling blow to Hamas in mid-2014 was worth it, many times over.

Slow news day?

Move along, folks... nothing to see here.

I know people who travel back and forth to Israel on a constant basis. I know many people on this Board have never been to Israel, and that's quite shocking to me.
Dionne Warwick and the Backstreet Boys are some of the musical artists who will perform in Israel despite blackmail and threats. Unfortunately, Bon Jovi succumbed to threats.

Forum List

Back