Gay Marriage: To Approve or Not To Approve

It's over, and we don't fucking care whether you approve of it or not. Deal with it and move on.
I hope you are not that naive. based on your argument, you may just be...
The homophobes have no way forward. You can scream and whine like toddlers until the cows come home but it's a done deal, as it is in so many other nations. Move on to things you can actually change, this isn't one of them.
Slow your roll douche... I am by no means a homophobe. The entire point of this post was that the problem is with the governmental sanctioning of ANY marriage. Everyone should have basic human rights and it's not for me to define nor decide how someone else should live their life.

Quit being an ass hole!

It's over, and we don't fucking care whether you approve of it or not. Deal with it and move on.
The homophobes have no way forward. You can scream and whine like toddlers until the cows come home but it's a done deal, as it is in so many other nations. Move on to things you can actually change, this isn't one of them.
Slow your roll douche... I am by no means a homophobe. The entire point of this post was that the problem is with the governmental sanctioning of ANY marriage. Everyone should have basic human rights and it's not for me to define nor decide how someone else should live their life.

Quit being an ass hole!
Deal with reality. In order for a marriage to be valid here the State has to approve. That's not going to change.

The issue is not whether or not the government wants to approve gay marriage. The issue is why the government is in the business of approving marriage of any kind. Traditional marriage is a biblical contract between a man and a woman. When we allowed the government the authority to "sanction" marriage, we allowed for the changing of the definition. Therein lies the problem with a majority pushing around a minority; you may not be in the majority for ever.

Nor do we have to be.

Tell us, just how can government redefine marriage without the SCOTUS striking down any such legislation?

That is right--you need an Amendment, Buddy!

So go get behind the pro-lifers and start it up. Unless you have some creative case that says Gay marriages are hurting you in some way.

You don't?. Time to start drawing up that amendment!

Quit being an ass hole!
Deal with reality. In order for a marriage to be valid here the State has to approve. That's not going to change.
Do you ever slow down to listen to any other point of view? You are so quick to argue that your opinions get dismissed as quickly as you make them. You are combative and rude. You are the reason (not the sole reason) that people don't get along.

Quit being an ass hole!
Do you ever slow down to listen to any other point of view? You are so quick to argue that your opinions get dismissed as quickly as you make them. You are combative and rude. You are the reason (not the sole reason) that people don't get along.

This is an old forum. We have heard your point of view many times. It's misguided. Will you endeavor to learn this and accept it?

Quit being an ass hole!
Hell is other people. Now you know. And if you wouldn't present dumbshit BS I wouldn't be so quick to knock it down. You are posting in a gay marriage thread. Gay marriage is over and done with. If you want a rational debate, pick a subject that matters. This ain't it.

Last edited:
The issue is not whether or not the government wants to approve gay marriage. The issue is why the government is in the business of approving marriage of any kind. Traditional marriage is a biblical contract between a man and a woman. When we allowed the government the authority to "sanction" marriage, we allowed for the changing of the definition. Therein lies the problem with a majority pushing around a minority; you may not be in the majority for ever.

Nor do we have to be.

Tell us, just how can government redefine marriage without the SCOTUS striking down any such legislation?

That is right--you need an Amendment, Buddy!

So go get behind the pro-lifers and start it up. Unless you have some creative case that says Gay marriages are hurting you in some way.

You don't?. Time to start drawing up that amendment!
I'm sorry, I have no idea what exactly you are stating here? You refer to yourself as "we" so I have to assume you identify as the majority (Christian). Then you tell me that I need an amendment... #lost

The OP expresses concern about a majority pushing around a minority...as if the struggle to legalize gay marriage is an example of this.

yeah, it's the opposite, really...the tyranny of the straight 'majority' who would like to "leave it up to the states"

Quit being an ass hole!
Hell is other people. Now you know. And it you wouldn't present dumbshit BS I wouldn't be so quick to knock it down. You are posting in a gay marriage thread. Gay marriage is over and done with. If you want a rational debate, pick a subject that matters. This ain't it.
You have taken time out of your busy day to post in a thread that YOU say is irrelevant. Why not spend your precious time elsewhere? Why are you in this thread if you have nothing to add? Why waste your time? If it is indeed "done with" then I assume you can simply go about your business and let us have a civilized discussion without you interference.

Quit being an ass hole!
Hell is other people. Now you know. And it you wouldn't present dumbshit BS I wouldn't be so quick to knock it down. You are posting in a gay marriage thread. Gay marriage is over and done with. If you want a rational debate, pick a subject that matters. This ain't it.
You have taken time out of your busy day to post in a thread that YOU say is irrelevant. Why not spend your precious time elsewhere? Why are you in this thread if you have nothing to add? Why waste your time? If it is indeed "done with" then I assume you can simply go about your business and let us have a civilized discussion without you interference.

Listen, skippy.......this place has a few dozen people who have the same take on this issue as you. Unless you can present it in an interesting manner or add something original to the discussion, you'll not be given much slack. Up your game or get used to being mocked and marginalized.

PMH is really doing you a favor.

Quit being an ass hole!
What I do with my time is my business little man. And if you don't want your posts attacked don't post BS we've all seen a thousand fucking times before and then get pissy when it gets beat like a carpet. And if my time was precious I sure as hell wouldn't be here so obviously I'm just killing time.

As for gay marriage there is nothing to discuss. You have enough of a working brain to pick a better subject so, do so.

The OP expresses concern about a majority pushing around a minority...as if the struggle to legalize gay marriage is an example of this.
The vast majority of the country is religious. A vast minority is not.

The government providing benefits on the basis of a religious institution was the original fallacy. No one cared at the time because it was chic to think of gays as mentally handicapped. As people became more educated and accepting of the predisposition for same sex intimacy, the flaw became apparent. No moral human would deny another the right to hospital visits, surivorship benefits and the basic dignity afforded to anyone else. Our laws and tax codes were established to single out a group on a religious basis. That was unconstitutional.

A religion does not have to be fair, our government does.

Quit being an ass hole!

Listen, skippy.......this place has a few dozen people who have the same take on this issue as you. Unless you can present it in an interesting manner or add something original to the discussion, you'll not be given much slack. Up your game or get used to being mocked and marginalized.

PMH is really doing you a favor.
What do you think "my take" is? Other than being belligerent which I assume is entertaining what has PMH added?

The vast majority of the country is religious. A vast minority is not.

The government providing benefits on the basis of a religious institution was the original fallacy. No one cared at the time because it was chic to think of gays as mentally handicapped. As people became more educated and accepting of the predisposition for same sex intimacy, the flaw became apparent. No moral human would deny another the right to hospital visits, surivorship benefits and the basic dignity afforded to anyone else. Our laws and tax codes were established to single out a group on a religious basis. That was unconstitutional.

A religion does not have to be fair, our government does.

It seems as though you are making an effort here. If government indeed establish benefits based on religious institution.....you might have a point.

Laws were passed to DISALLOW same sex marriage....not to allow it. The recent laws have been needed to reverse statute.

An uncommon household The history of an early American same-sex marriage - Ideas - The Boston Globe

What do you think "my take" is? Other than being belligerent which I assume is entertaining what has PMH added?
A does of reality. The country has been issuing, and requiring in some cases, marriage licenses since before it was a country. The state is not getting out of the marriage business. Believing that it is, or might, is nonsense.

Check out number 8.
13 Facts on the History of Marriage

Quit being an ass hole!
What I do with my time is my business little man. And if you don't want your posts attacked don't post BS we've all seen a thousand fucking times before and then get pissy when it gets beat like a carpet. And if my time was precious I sure as hell wouldn't be here so obviously I'm just killing time.

As for gay marriage there is nothing to discuss. You have enough of a working brain to pick a better subject so, do so.
The irony of you posting "there is nothing to discuss" in a DISCUSSION thread is priceless. You are precious!

Forum List

Back