Gay Marriage moving towards federal law

See... I am the one with the idea that supports true equal treatment and government non-intervention on matters that do not involved governmental operations.... and the GM supporters still don't like it... why?? simple... because it is not really about equal treatment.. it is about recognition, acceptance, advancing an agenda, and stickittothemanitis... it is about the government being used as a tool forcing those things

GM has nothing to do with GM....

I think many Catholics/Christians and other religious people are tired of this fight.

Because people are realizing it's not a big deal. When the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled gay marriage was legal close to 70% of people in the state were opposed to the decision. Today, the majority support it. Why? In my opinion because they've seen that it hasn't harmed a soul. The only state where there has really been a backlash is in Iowa where all the Supreme Court judges who were up for reelection this year got voted out and well, that's Iowa.

Well, I think many of them, myself included, don't believe a civil marriage, whether hetero or homosexual, is actually a marriage. It is in terms of legal status, but many feel that's not what defines a marriage. Regardless, unless someone's being harmed we should all have the same legal rights.

See... I am the one with the idea that supports true equal treatment and government non-intervention on matters that do not involved governmental operations.... and the GM supporters still don't like it... why?? simple... because it is not really about equal treatment.. it is about recognition, acceptance, advancing an agenda, and stickittothemanitis... it is about the government being used as a tool forcing those things

marriage is a creation of government, so you can't have government 'nonintervention' in regard to government creatred rights and obligations.

no matter how much homophobes rail against it.

Why should they be discriminated against?

Exactly.. thank you.

Because there is no right for group marriage in the US.

There is however a restriction on people to marry the ONE person they love.

You people are on the wrong side of histroy as always.

Why are there restrictions that discriminate against those who want to have more than one spouse? I mean, as long as they're all consenting.

So, everyone should have the 'right' to marry whomever/whatever/however many they love and have legal protection in certain areas of the law because of that? Really?

yes... so long as we're talking about consent adults.

So, you're for any adult polygamist relatiotionship? 10 people? 20 people? Is there any limit?

do you always go for the strawman instead of discussing real issues?

do you appreciate it when people talk about how christians want to take over secular schools and force us to live in a theocracy?

or is that exaggerating the circumstances as regards the norm?

The fucking government shouldn't be in the marriage business. There should be no separate tax categories for married and single people, no tax credits for kids. Everyone should be subject to the exact same treatment under the law.

The tax credit for kids is about building the future of the US.

Its money well spent

marriage is a creation of government, so you can't have government 'nonintervention' in regard to government creatred rights and obligations.

Really? Which government would that have been that mentioned it before the church?

Exactly.. thank you.

So, if they would then decide to form a group to get their rights, just like the gays did, you would be all for it then?

No because every where the group marriages have exsisted they end up abusing children sexually.

Its why its illegal fool

Exactly.. thank you.

So, if they would then decide to form a group to get their rights, just like the gays did, you would be all for it then?

TM doesn't realize she just made the argument for restrictions on marriage.

:eusa_drool:

yes... so long as we're talking about consent adults.

So, you're for any adult polygamist relatiotionship? 10 people? 20 people? Is there any limit?

do you always go for the strawman instead of discussing real issues?

do you appreciate it when people talk about how christians want to take over secular schools and force us to live in a theocracy?

or is that exaggerating the circumstances as regards the norm?

It's a legitimate question Jillie, and you know it. Where do you draw the line and why?

No because every where the group marriages have exsisted they end up abusing children sexually.

Its why its illegal fool

OH MY GAWD...

:tongue:

Ehhh.. wrong... marriage is something absorbed into government as a form of regulation, control, and revenue

I think many Catholics/Christians and other religious people are tired of this fight.

Because people are realizing it's not a big deal. When the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled gay marriage was legal close to 70% of people in the state were opposed to the decision. Today, the majority support it. Why? In my opinion because they've seen that it hasn't harmed a soul. The only state where there has really been a backlash is in Iowa where all the Supreme Court judges who were up for reelection this year got voted out and well, that's Iowa.

Or maybe they just said fuck it and gave up. the fudgepackers and crack snackers aren't going to be happy unless they are making a stink about something. Its always about drama for the queens and wife beaters.

Forum List

Back