Gay Marriage moving towards federal law

do you always go for the strawman instead of discussing real issues?

do you appreciate it when people talk about how christians want to take over secular schools and force us to live in a theocracy?

or is that exaggerating the circumstances as regards the norm?

It's a legitimate question Jillie, and you know it. Where do you draw the line and why?

Because she just got called on her bullshit. She knows all too well that society has the right to determine that which it deems acceptable and conversely, unacceptable.

This is all about the radical gay agenda... PERIOD.

no,idiota... what a loon you are. :cuckoo:

her question was already answered. it was ridiculous the first time.

but do tell, how do you feel when someone extrapolates and says that the rabid religious right want to make this country into a theology?

since that was ACTUALLY the question that was unanswed.

:thup:

Last edited:
It's a legitimate question Jillie, and you know it. Where do you draw the line and why?

Because she just got called on her bullshit. She knows all too well that society has the right to determine that which it deems acceptable and conversely, unacceptable.

but do tell, how do you feel when someone extrapolates and says that the rabid religious right want to make this country into a theology?

Idiota?

See... I am the one with the idea that supports true equal treatment and government non-intervention on matters that do not involved governmental operations.... and the GM supporters still don't like it... why?? simple... because it is not really about equal treatment.. it is about recognition, acceptance, advancing an agenda, and stickittothemanitis... it is about the government being used as a tool forcing those things
If you were really for equal treatment or government minding their own business you would have had a fit when the federal government took it upon themselves to define marriage.

Uhhh... I have had the same stance for a LONG time now on keeping government out of marriage.. that it is a religious institution, not a governmental one

Talk about a strawman... :lol:

See... I am the one with the idea that supports true equal treatment and government non-intervention on matters that do not involved governmental operations.... and the GM supporters still don't like it... why?? simple... because it is not really about equal treatment.. it is about recognition, acceptance, advancing an agenda, and stickittothemanitis... it is about the government being used as a tool forcing those things
If you were really for equal treatment or government minding their own business you would have had a fit when the federal government took it upon themselves to define marriage.

Uhhh... I have had the same stance for a LONG time now on keeping government out of marriage.. that it is a religious institution, not a governmental one
Then you should be happy about the upcoming repeal of DOMA.

To me.. it is still government playing with something it should not be involved in at all.. playing both sides of the coin in order to keep power and keep expanding

riiiiiiiiiiiiight... stupidity from a rightwingnut site.
most pedophiles are heterosexual. but thanks for playing.

it is funny trying to watch you and truthdoesntmatter 'debate' since you're both so vested in your ideology that you can't have a discussion.

but don't worry... soggy will help you! :rofl:

That went right over your head, Jillie. :lol: That was the POINT, dear. :lol:

To me.. it is still government playing with something it should not be involved in at all.. playing both sides of the coin in order to keep power and keep expanding
Repealing previous government meddling is a good thing.

The federal government has no authority to interfere in state marriage laws.

If anyone even thinks of trying to force this against the will of the people, there will be consequences

Why should they be discriminated against?

Exactly.. thank you.

Because there is no right for group marriage in the US.

There is however a restriction on people to marry the ONE person they love.

You people are on the wrong side of histroy as always.

So you want to make a special law for one group but not another? Gays yes Polygamists no? Why don't they get to practice what they believe, Even certain religions believe in more than one wife at a time, why not allow them their rights to practice their religion?

You see, where do you stop?

Not when it opens the door for even more government meddling... or don't you grasp that??

So, you're for any adult polygamist relatiotionship? 10 people? 20 people? Is there any limit?

If 10 people want to be married, how does that hurt anyone else? As long as they are consenting adults.....what business is it of yours or the government?

10 people are legally allowed to live together, have children together and share their finances.

It is only illegal if they are married

Sounds good to me. Im in. Where can I find one of these groups?

In a 60s commune

When I got married to my now ex-wife you know what fumed me? The fact we had to pay the government to get married through a marriage license. We have to have permission from the government to get married and pay them for that permission? What a crock of shit.

The government needs to step aside altogether. No more deciding who can get married and no more special tax breaks and credits for married people. The union should be recognized strictly for legal purposes and nothing more.

What you paid for was proof that there was a legal union for legal purposes - not for the state giving you permission to marry. That's absurd. There are many reasons for proof of a legal union - and they are mostly protective of the parties of the union.

If, for example, you marry a woman and indicate you were married once before but that you are now divorced, you would be in a bit of trouble. If the ex-wife and/or the current wife found out there was no divorce but a 2nd "marriage" you could be charged at minimum with bigamy. Why the hell would you want to do that?

The state doesn't give anybody permission to marry - that's strictly a personal decision. The license simply certifies that the marriage took place once signed by a minister, judge or justice of the peace and returned to the state.

Not when it opens the door for even more government meddling... or don't you grasp that??
What government meddling do you fear?

They are meddling further in a different direction with legalization around this gay marriage stuff.. more investigations into discrimination.. more legalities in the system to accommodate... more public awareness stuff put out by the government... the list goes on.... and it's all horseshit.... drop it entirely from federal government as I described... period... no licenses... no courtroom ceremonies... no nothing in government about marriage at all

What a waste of time and money.

Read the Constititution. No where in there does it give the Fed gov the right to regulate this.

This would fall under "The pursuit of happiness", thus, it's already legal on the federal level.

that' being said, States can so no. It's called states rights. Get the majority and it passes, don't, move and get married where it's legal.

think it's bs for me to think and say this? then demand your state drop all gun laws.

What government meddling do you fear?

They are meddling further in a different direction with legalization around this gay marriage stuff.. more investigations into discrimination.. more legalities in the system to accommodate... more public awareness stuff put out by the government... the list goes on.... and it's all horseshit.... drop it entirely from federal government as I described... period... no licenses... no courtroom ceremonies... no nothing in government about marriage at all
So you are saying that business will be forced to accommodate spouses in some way that they do not have to know? I'm not getting what you are saying...if possible, an example would be nice.

What a waste of time and money.

Read the Constititution. No where in there does it give the Fed gov the right to regulate this.

This would fall under "The pursuit of happiness", thus, it's already legal on the federal level.

that' being said, States can so no. It's called states rights. Get the majority and it passes, don't, move and get married where it's legal.

think it's bs for me to think and say this? then demand your state drop all gun laws.
:cuckoo: A state cannot take away a constitutionally protected right.

Forum List

Back