Gay Dallas Judge Won't Perform Straight Marriages

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Gay Dallas Judge Won't Perform Straight Marriages | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

“I use it as my opportunity to give them a lesson about marriage inequality in this state because I feel like I have to tell them why I’m turning them away,” Parker said. “So I usually will offer them something along the lines of, ‘I’m sorry. I don’t perform marriage ceremonies because we are in a state that does not have marriage equality, and until it does, I am not going to partially apply the law to one group of people that doesn’t apply to another group of people.’ And it’s kind of oxymoronic for me to perform ceremonies that can’t be performed for me, so I’m not going to do it."

Update: Judge Parker released the following statement to the media on Thursday afternoon.

I faithfully and fully perform all of my duties as the Presiding Judge of the 116th Civil District Court, where it is my honor to serve the citizens of Dallas County and the parties who have matters before the Court.

Performing marriage ceremonies is not a duty that I have as the Presiding Judge of a civil district court. It is a right and privilege invested in me under the Family Code. I choose not to exercise it, as many other Judges do not exercise it.

:clap2:

Gay Dallas Judge Won't Perform Straight Marriages | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

“I use it as my opportunity to give them a lesson about marriage inequality in this state because I feel like I have to tell them why I’m turning them away,” Parker said. “So I usually will offer them something along the lines of, ‘I’m sorry. I don’t perform marriage ceremonies because we are in a state that does not have marriage equality, and until it does, I am not going to partially apply the law to one group of people that doesn’t apply to another group of people.’ And it’s kind of oxymoronic for me to perform ceremonies that can’t be performed for me, so I’m not going to do it."

Update: Judge Parker released the following statement to the media on Thursday afternoon.

I faithfully and fully perform all of my duties as the Presiding Judge of the 116th Civil District Court, where it is my honor to serve the citizens of Dallas County and the parties who have matters before the Court.

Performing marriage ceremonies is not a duty that I have as the Presiding Judge of a civil district court. It is a right and privilege invested in me under the Family Code. I choose not to exercise it, as many other Judges do not exercise it.

:clap2:

Well, well, well. That's a fine howdy do.

Sounds like forcing her to perform these duties compromises her values, good for him for staying true to his personal belief system.

eta: changed pronoun, i too wrote he.

Last edited:
He can easily go through the ceramony for himself. He can marry any woman of his choice that is:

1) Unmarried
2) Above the age of consent
3) Not closely related to him.

Absolutely nothing but his own choices is stopping him.

Sounds like forcing to him to perform these duties compromises his values, good for him for staying true to his personal belief system.
He could always resign if his job interferes with his beliefs. Rather than pontificating from the bench.

There is no "marriage inequality" here. Everyone has an equal right to marry.

Good for him. Any straight couple that want to get married can go find a judge that will marry them. Why on earth would they want him to marry them anyway?

er, sorry, make that good for her.

Immie

Last edited:
He's paid to perform that service.

He should be reprimanded for not doing his job.

blithering on about the fine line of rights and privileges is horseshit, it's part of his job.

he's a she.

if you could read, you'd note that performing marriages are not something she is required nor paid to do.

keep swinging

Sounds like forcing to him to perform these duties compromises his values, good for him for staying true to his personal belief system.
Being a JUDGE is NOT a private business. The example of the pharmacy concerned no tax payer funded work.

He could always resign if his job interferes with his beliefs. Rather than pontificating from the bench.

marriage is not a right.

He can easily go through the ceramony for himself. He can marry any woman of his choice that is:

1) Unmarried
2) Above the age of consent
3) Not closely related to him.

Absolutely nothing but his own choices is stopping him.

:rolleyes:

and he's a she.

can any of you people read? :lol:

He's paid to perform that service.

He should be reprimanded for not doing his job.

blithering on about the fine line of rights and privileges is horseshit, it's part of his job.

he's a she.

if you could read, you'd note that performing marriages are not something she is required nor paid to do.

keep swinging
Then perform marriages for all couples so requesting, if the Judge's schedule so allows; none, or get a private job.

Good for him. Any straight couple that want to get married can go find a judge that will marry them. Why on earth would they want him to marry them anyway?

Immie

That was my initial question. But my focus was on the false premise to begin with.

Funny how the left applauds him for his beliefs but condemns the catholic church on theirs and the birth control issue

marriage is not a right.

I think Loving v VA said it was. At least that's what the fags trot out all the time. If it is, it must be one of the rights "reserved to the states." If MA wants to vote on and pass fag "marriage" fine. But the people of CA have rejected it in at least 2 referenda.

marriage is not a right.

of course it isn't

and the sun revolves around the earth

Forum List

Back