Palin: "AFGHAN ARMY.. YOU APOLOGIZE for KILLING US TROOPS!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
PALIN DEMANDS AFGHAN APOLOGY FOR DEATH OF US TROOPS...

Obama apologizes for the inadvertent Koran burning this week; now the U.S. trained and protected Afghan Army can apologize for killing two of our soldiers yesterday.

The Koran burning WAS because Muslim prisoners were corrupting the Koran by smuggling messages inside and THAT was why the Koran was burned...

I'd rather have a burned Koran then a murdered GI!!!!

The Koran burning WAS because Muslim prisoners were corrupting the Koran by smuggling messages inside and THAT was why the Koran was burned...

I'd rather have a burned Koran then a murdered GI!!!!

I have burned them in effigy for the hate it preaches.

That's like saying the Sioux nation owes Custer an apology. We're an occupation force, the indigenous population has every right to attempt to repel us.

The Taliban and alqueda are terrorist conglomerates,if 9/11 didn't happen,we wouldn't gave been there. Stop supporting the deaths of our soldiers.

The Taliban and alqueda are terrorist conglomerates,if 9/11 didn't happen,we wouldn't gave been there. Stop supporting the deaths of our soldiers.

I'm not, just pointing out the absurdity of saying the enemy owes us an apology for killing our troops.

Anyone understand why it is very important for the US to not be seen as waging war on Islam?

I'm not, just pointing out the absurdity of saying the enemy owes us an apology for killing our troops.

Then the killings by the Afghans over the burning of Koran is absurd according to you?
I mean I am not clear you understand what happened.
Some paper was burned and as a result Afghans killed us troops.
You think they are justified in killing our troops over burned paper?

That's how I understood the original post at first, and it certainly is absurd. However, I believe that the post is in reference to this episode:

Man in Afghan army uniform kills two American soldiers - latimes.com

In which a man in an Afghan army uniform killed two US troops in apparent retaliation for the Koran burning. The Afghan army is of course ostensibly allied with the US, so this is a very different situation. Assuming that an Afghan soldier was indeed responsible, I think that an apology (and a full investigation, punishment, etc.) would certainly be appropriate. However, I think that holding Afghanistan to such a standard is unrealistic at this time.

Then the killings by the Afghans over the burning of Koran is absurd according to you?

If you think that's the only reason they went nuts..

Then..

Are you interested in some land in Florida? Cheap?

Not my place to judge, It's not my country that has been invaded. We have a duty and a very strong interest as an occupation force to not not do things unnecessarily provocative, it's called winning the peace and it is so much harder.

Anyone understand why it is very important for the US to not be seen as waging war on Islam?

Important but impossible. As Churchill observed:

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.

Islam as a religion is not a problem; it is political Islam, a socially and politically backward culture, that is producing this xenophobic frenzy we are seeing in Afghanistan.

That's how I understood the original post at first, and it certainly is absurd. However, I believe that the post is in reference to this episode:

Man in Afghan army uniform kills two American soldiers - latimes.com

In which a man in an Afghan army uniform killed two US troops in apparent retaliation for the Koran burning. The Afghan army is of course ostensibly allied with the US, so this is a very different situation. Assuming that an Afghan soldier was indeed responsible, I think that an apology (and a full investigation, punishment, etc.) would certainly be appropriate. However, I think that holding Afghanistan to such a standard is unrealistic at this time.

Was it an actual member of the Afghan army? It just said "in a uniform", that fact would make a big difference here.

Forum List

Back