Gay Dallas Judge Won't Perform Straight Marriages

He can easily go through the ceramony for himself. He can marry any woman of his choice that is:

1) Unmarried
2) Above the age of consent
3) Not closely related to him.

Absolutely nothing but his own choices is stopping him.

:rolleyes:

and he's a she.

can any of you people read? :lol:

Yes. I was going off what the previous posters stated. I suppose i should have given them less credence in that regard.

Doesn't change the fact that she has every opportunity to marry that everyone else does. Just because she makes choices that prevent her from marrying doesn't mean she can't marry.

yes, wanting to marry someone you love is evil.

if she isn't obligated to perform any than this is a complete non-story.

Still doesnt change the fact that her entire premise is wrong and that she is completely entitled to marry the man of her choice as long as they comply with the conditions i mentioned earlier.

marriage is not a right.

of course it isn't

But equal protection under the law is a right.

Do all married people get the same cash and prizes doled out by state and federal governments for being married?

No.

Ergo, unequal protection under the law.

Who says they dont have equal protection under the law? They have exactly the same rights as anyone else.

and he's a she.

Yes. I was going off what the previous posters stated. I suppose i should have given them less credence in that regard.

Doesn't change the fact that she has every opportunity to marry that everyone else does. Just because she makes choices that prevent her from marrying doesn't mean she can't marry.

Only in your case, miskeit.

and he's a she.

Never said it was. But a square isn't going to be a circle no matter how hard you want it to be one.

That's cool. It's not one of her duties, so obviously she does it voluntarily, as such, she can volunteer when she wants and when she doesn't want.

And if it was one of her duties and she refused to perform said duties then it would be the right of her employers, in this case the people of the county I believe, to determine whether or not she would remain employed.

In the meantime a straight couple can go find another judge to perform the services.

Immie
Exack-a-tackly!

Never said it was. But a square isn't going to be a circle no matter how hard you want it to be one.
There's room for both squares and circles in the world.

Yes they can. Who says they can't?

See my signature.

Two straight men cannot marry and claim benefits either.
Ergo gays have the same rights as men.
Fail on your signature line.

Your logic is what fails. Horribly so. Sexual orientation is not the basis of the inequality. Gender is.

Also, my signature is linked to a legal web site. It is a fact of law that same-sex marriages do not get the same cash and prizes as opposite-sex marriages.

As long as there is DOMA, there is inequality.

Last edited:

i've been married 29 years and my youngest child turned 18 yesterday

keep swinging rebbe nebbish

Gay Dallas Judge Won't Perform Straight Marriages | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

“I use it as my opportunity to give them a lesson about marriage inequality in this state because I feel like I have to tell them why I’m turning them away,” Parker said. “So I usually will offer them something along the lines of, ‘I’m sorry. I don’t perform marriage ceremonies because we are in a state that does not have marriage equality, and until it does, I am not going to partially apply the law to one group of people that doesn’t apply to another group of people.’ And it’s kind of oxymoronic for me to perform ceremonies that can’t be performed for me, so I’m not going to do it."

Update: Judge Parker released the following statement to the media on Thursday afternoon.

I faithfully and fully perform all of my duties as the Presiding Judge of the 116th Civil District Court, where it is my honor to serve the citizens of Dallas County and the parties who have matters before the Court.

Performing marriage ceremonies is not a duty that I have as the Presiding Judge of a civil district court. It is a right and privilege invested in me under the Family Code. I choose not to exercise it, as many other Judges do not exercise it.

:clap2:

Since it's not a REQUIREMENT of his job, he's within his rights.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

i've been married 29 years and my youngest child turned 18 yesterday

keep swinging rebbe nebbish

The thing about bigots is that they assume you must be "one of them" when you defend "one of them". And they think calling someone a fag is insulting. They are too stupid to realize it is only insulting to a bigot. :lol:

There's room for both squares and circles in the world.

I agree. If she wants to engage in homosexual behavior, she can. I just think it absurd that we should be forced to change the definition of marriage because she doesn't want to comply with it.

Forum List

Back