Gay dads may make better parents according to a major new study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for endorsing equality. You seem to be one of the more rational and reasonable people here. But traditional role of father? Traditional roles are no long so obvious. Men and women do many of the same things from mowing the lawn and fixing the car, to cooking and child care- to flying planes. Kids need parents who are nurturing and in a stable relationship. They do not need a mother and a father

Yeah...except every study (real study) ever done for the past 50 years says the exact opposite.
The most successful environment for a child that produces productive adults is the traditional family unit. The percentages are overwhelming. And can only be ignored when people want to.

Bullshit. Post them

Frankly, it is an impossible task to even attempt any intelligent discussion with such antiquated ignorance.

It's especially impossible to have a useful discussion with anyone who thinks that protecting children from dangerous sexual perverts, and in fact, being opposed to simply handing children over to such perverts, constitutes “antiquated ignorance”.

Yeah...except every study (real study) ever done for the past 50 years says the exact opposite.
The most successful environment for a child that produces productive adults is the traditional family unit. The percentages are overwhelming. And can only be ignored when people want to.

It's amazing that anyone thinks we need studies to prove what everyone already knows. Sine long before most of us were born, it was well-known that coming from a “broken home” had a strong correlation with unfavorable life outcomes. Now, we deliberately create broken parodies of “families”, and put children into them, which pretty much assures that a generation of children raised in those broken environments will turn out to include more than their fair share of mental cases, drug addicts, criminals, sexual perverts, and others whose lives have been ruined.

It's particularly telling to read the “study” that TheOppressiveFaggot cited in the OP; to see the rather extreme leaps that it made from premises that it was able to somewhat support, to the pre-established conclusion that they do not support at all. They had to go to rather blatant extremes of incompetence and intellectual dishonesty, to conduct that study in a way that didn't ultimately support the opposite conclusion to what they wanted it to support.

There is an evil, depraved, insane agenda here, and those behind it do not care how badly they have to f••• up how many children's lives in order to pursue this agenda. In fact ultimately, much of the agenda is driven by pedophiles, and is specifically about f•••ing children.

Frankly, it is an impossible task to even attempt any intelligent discussion with such antiquated ignorance.

It's especially impossible to have a useful discussion with anyone who thinks that protecting children from dangerous sexual perverts, and in fact, being opposed to simply handing children over to such perverts, constitutes “antiquated ignorance”.

Thank you for validating my point. So you are admitting that you view ANY persons sexual preference that is not what is typically traditional automatically makes them a "dangerous pervert"?

Hopefully you are not a lawmaker.

Thank you for validating my point. So you are admitting that you view ANY persons sexual preference that is not what is typically traditional automatically makes them a "dangerous pervert"?

In this case, it is rather obvious to anyone who hasn't willfully chosen to take the side of these sick degenerates.

Either you have been seriously deceived, or else you are an evil person whop knows what it is that you are defending, and what harm it causes, especially to children who are put in the clutches of these animals, but don't care because your sick agenda is more important to you than the safety and well-being of those children.

In this case, it is rather obvious to anyone who hasn't willfully chosen to take the side of these sick degenerates.

Either you have been seriously deceived, or else you are an evil person whop knows what it is that you are defending, and what harm it causes, especially to children who are put in the clutches of these animals, but don't care because your sick agenda is more important to you than the safety and well-being of those children.

What I am "defending" is the RIGHT of same sex couples being able to adopt.....as long as they are determined through screening of their lifestyle, income, and stability of their home, to be FIT parents.

I am not advocating that children be harmed, as you are attempting to spin what I am saying to support your discriminatory belief system. If a potential parent is unfit to be a parent, there are experts in the field of adoption services to make that determination.

And unless there is a law prohibiting ALL of same sex couples from being parents, there is nothing wrong about being fair, unless one is totally close minded and living in the last century.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

I won't assume that they are ALL "dangerous perverts", like you are doing.

What I am "defending" is the RIGHT of same sex couples being able to adopt.....as long as they are determined through screening of their lifestyle, income, and stability of their home, to be FIT parents.

I am not advocating that children be harmed, as you are attempting to spin what I am saying to support your discriminatory belief system. If a potential parent is unfit to be a parent, there are experts in the field of adoption services to make that determination.

You're speaking with a forked tongue, here.

You admit that you want dangerous sexual perverts—“same sex couples”—to be allowed to adopt children, and then, with the other tip of your forked tongue, you're denying that you want children to be harmed.

What do you think happens when children are handed over to dangerous sexual perverts?

Are you really that ignorant and deluded, or just plain evil? Or, more likely, both.

Complete unadulterated BS.

No kid wants a weak pee wee puffer as a dad. That's just fact
You mean like Pete

1587324586152.png

How about this guy:

1587324658034.png

You're speaking with a forked tongue, here.

You admit that you want dangerous sexual perverts—“same sex couples”—to be allowed to adopt children, and then, with the other tip of your forked tongue, you're denying that you want children to be harmed.

What do you think happens when children are handed over to dangerous sexual perverts?

Are you really that ignorant and deluded, or just plain evil? Or, more likely, both.

No, I'm being very clear, but you are apparantly determined to spin my words to fit within your bigoted belief system.

I clearly stated that if a same sex couple is found to fit be parents based on the criteria for being a parent, they should not be denied that privilege.

No one has appointed you as judge and jury regarding their right to parent if they are suitable.

You are extremely ignorant to the point of absurdity for painting an entire group of people as "dangerous perverts", especially if they are proven to be good citizens.

Every same sex couple are not "dangerous perverts", except to the misinformed and ignorant fringe of society.

Which you are obviously a part of.

More proof that gay men play an integral role is providing homes for the more than 125,000 children awaiting adoption is the US ( Foster care in the U.S. - number of children waiting for adoption 2018 | Statista )

Highlights of the study:

The study looked at a total of 92 fathers as well as their 46 children, each aged between 1 and 6 years of age. The families were all adoptive, and mainly came together using adoption services of the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS)

Approximately 1/3 of the children in the care of CIUSS are adopted by gay fathers, which has been legal in Quebec since 2002.

What researchers found were that these parents were highly involved in their children’s lives, with both parents sharing the duties.

Both parents also displayed a wider palette of expression with their children versus straight couples. “They could be playmates, caregivers, protectors, role models, morality guides,” noted Feugé.

View attachment 323044

“What’s really interesting is that they don’t conform to roles of conventional fathers,” added Feugé. “They were able to redefine and propose new models of cultural notions of paternity and masculinity.”
I‘m glad I never had to explain having parents of the same sex to friends when I was growing up. lol
And when was that? It might come as a surprise to you but kids today don't have a problem with it, probobly know someone who is gay or someone who has same sex parents
You can tell yourself whatever you want. Kids don't want gay parents.

More proof that gay men play an integral role is providing homes for the more than 125,000 children awaiting adoption is the US ( Foster care in the U.S. - number of children waiting for adoption 2018 | Statista )

Highlights of the study:

The study looked at a total of 92 fathers as well as their 46 children, each aged between 1 and 6 years of age. The families were all adoptive, and mainly came together using adoption services of the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS)

Approximately 1/3 of the children in the care of CIUSS are adopted by gay fathers, which has been legal in Quebec since 2002.

What researchers found were that these parents were highly involved in their children’s lives, with both parents sharing the duties.

Both parents also displayed a wider palette of expression with their children versus straight couples. “They could be playmates, caregivers, protectors, role models, morality guides,” noted Feugé.

View attachment 323044

“What’s really interesting is that they don’t conform to roles of conventional fathers,” added Feugé. “They were able to redefine and propose new models of cultural notions of paternity and masculinity.”
I‘m glad I never had to explain having parents of the same sex to friends when I was growing up. lol
And when was that? It might come as a surprise to you but kids today don't have a problem with it, probobly know someone who is gay or someone who has same sex parents

No doubt that there are some kids that are not happy about having gay parents, but it is rather arrogant and ignorant to make a blanket statement that no kids want gay parents. You can't possibly know that.

You could also find kids who are not happy about having bigots for parents. Or holy rollers.

Highlights of the study:

View attachment 323044

No doubt that there are some kids that are not happy about having gay parents, but it is rather arrogant and ignorant to make a blanket statement that no kids want gay parents. You can't possibly know that.

You could also find kids who are not happy about having bigots for parents. Or holy rollers.
It's arrogant and stupid to think any kid would be happy having gay parents over normal ones.

Highlights of the study:

View attachment 323044

It's arrogant and stupid to think any kid would be happy having gay parents over normal ones.

COLAGE unites people with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer parents and caregivers into a network of peers and supports them as they nurture and empower each other to be skilled, self-confident, and just leaders in our collective communities.

Highlights of the study:

View attachment 323044

Most research studies show that children with two moms or two dads fare just as well as children with heterosexual parents. In fact, one comprehensive study of children raised by lesbian mothers or gay fathers concluded that children raised by same-sex parents did not differ from other children in terms of emotional functioning, sexual orientation, stigmatization, gender role behavior, behavioral adjustment, gender identity, learning and grade point averages. Where research differences have been found, they have sometimes favored same-sex parents.

For example, adolescents with same-sex parents reported feeling more connected at school. Another study reported that children in gay and lesbian households are more likely to talk about emotionally difficult topics, and they are often more resilient, compassionate and tolerant.

Highlights of the study:

View attachment 323044

COLAGE unites people with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer parents and caregivers into a network of peers and supports them as they nurture and empower each other to be skilled, self-confident, and just leaders in our collective communities.
You seem to be having an unhealthy and abnormal fixation on children, TheProgressivePatriot. Why is that?

The discussion is about parenting jackass!! Be careful with that slanderous shit. Be very fucking careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back