Gawker's busted! They're in the Caymans dodging taxes

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Oh this is too funny. Here they are going after Bain while they're off shore under the control of a company based in the Caymans. One more time, hypocrisy thy name is liberal.
And I've already seen a few libs on the board just lapping up the bullshit Gawker shovels out.

:lol:

Great article. Here's part rest is at link.

Apparently, nobody thought to tell the boys on the Romney beat that Gawker Media is part of a shell company incorporated in the Cayman Islands.

Gawker’s money lives in the same neighborhood as Romney’s money. Call it bipartisanship.

As John Cassidy relates in The New Yorker, Gawker’s finances are “organized like an international money-laundering operation.”

For example:

Much of its international revenues are directed through Hungary, where [bossman Nick] Denton’s mother hails from, and where some of the firm’s techies are located. :eusa_whistle:

But that is only part of it. Recently, [Felix] Salmon reports, the various Gawker operations—Gawker Media LLC, Gawker Entertainment LLC, Gawker Technology LLC, Gawker Sales LLC—have been restructured to bring them under control of a shell company based in the Cayman Islands, Gawker Media Group Inc.:D

Why would a relatively small media outfit based in Soho choose to incorporate itself in a Caribbean locale long favored by insider dealers, drug cartels, hedge funds, and other entities with lots of cash they don’t want to advertise?

The question virtually answers itself, but for those unversed in the intricacies of international tax avoidance Salmon spells it out:

“The result is a company where 130 U.S. employees eat up the lion’s share of the the U.S. revenues, resulting in little if any taxable income, while the international income, the franchise value of the brands, and the value of the technology all stays permanently overseas, untouched by the I.R.S.”

:lmao:

Link and it's worth the read. And I just love the last line in the article to death.

We eagerly await the next Gawker editorial on the need for corporate-tax reform.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Gawker and Bain and the Caymans - By Kevin D. Williamson - The Corner - National Review Online

Gawker tries just as hard as Romney to avoid taxes, hide money and play the system? Well let me tell ya, if Mr. Gawker ever runs for Prez someone should bring this up!

So what? Is Gawker running for president?

A classic example of the liberal double standard.

That is why we have crap like special interests. Because somehow liberals think they are smart enough to manage systems that are large and bloated.

If the guy is going to poke at Romney....he's gonna get poked back. You bastards do it all the time.

Wasserugly Shultz and Reid won't release taxes either. The deserve each other.

Shultz just had her hair done BTW...didn't help at all.

Gawker tries just as hard as Romney to avoid taxes, hide money and play the system? Well let me tell ya, if Mr. Gawker ever runs for Prez someone should bring this up!

Either it is O.K or it is not O.K. unless you bastards are going to somehow nuance the difference as only you little s**twalkers try to do.

23572184.jpg

Forum List

Back