Gas Prices Still Going Up Got You Down?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Then sell that huge gas guzzling SUV and buy a MOTORCYCLE! They get excelent mileage, and you can't deny they're FUN!

293782.jpg

*Buy American* :usa:

Beautiful color but I am a chicken when it comes to bikes... I like them but I would never ride one !:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sandy73
Beautiful color but I am a chicken when it comes to bikes... I like them but I would never ride one !:rolleyes:

Dare I say that if you ever got up the intestinal fortitude to get a ride on one, you wouldn't want to get off.

Haven't you ever heard a Harley called a "Milwaukee vibrator"? :D

Actually, the new TC-88 *B* motors that are in all softails are balanced. They're very smooth.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Sweet ride Pale Rider, it would be impossible for me to do my job on a motorcycle. :(

It is a nice bike. It's a Road King Classic. But I'm partial to the Fatboy, which is what my avatar picture is of.

Buy one for "fun" MtnBiker... :D

Originally posted by Zhukov
I would kill myself in roughly 4 minutes on that thing.

Don't be so hard on yourself Bud. Most people that are first time bike owners take a Motorcycle Training Course and get a lot of benefit from it. Not to mention most states recognize these courses and will give you your motorcycle lisence upon successful completion.

Beautiful color but I am a chicken when it comes to bikes... I like them but I would never ride one !

Actually Sandy, Pale Rider is right... once you get on one, you dont want to get off.

I've never been on a bike until very recently... The guy I'm dating has a bike and has been bugging me for a while to go for a ride. About 2 weeks ago, I finally gave in and, after threatening bodily injury should I get hurt, and digging my nails into his sides for the first 10 minutes, I relaxed and had an awesome time. I've been on it at least a half dozen times since then and I cant wait to go again. There's no other feeling like it.

The only bad experience was racing home to beat the rain, only to lose the race with about 2 miles to go. There's nothing like rain drops hitting you at 65-70 mph. They feel like little pebbles. (well, that and the huge bugs that meet their demise on some part of the body).

We have a pretty big bike thing coming up in the end of June (its for all bikes, but the majority of them are Harley's) called "Thunder in the Valley".. I'd like to learn how to drive it by then... I'll definitely be posting some pictures from there and the Abate party (basically a big kegger party with about 500+ people).

I see you have a pic of last years 100th Aniversary Edition Heritage Softail here. They made enough 100th Aniversary Editions and are still easy to find. I hope you get your bike DK.

If no one has ever noticed before, there is a comradere among people that ride. It transends bike make, age, race, etc. I wish more things were like that.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Actually Sandy, Pale Rider is right... once you get on one, you dont want to get off.

I've never been on a bike until very recently... The guy I'm dating has a bike and has been bugging me for a while to go for a ride. About 2 weeks ago, I finally gave in and, after threatening bodily injury should I get hurt, and digging my nails into his sides for the first 10 minutes, I relaxed and had an awesome time. I've been on it at least a half dozen times since then and I cant wait to go again. There's no other feeling like it.

The only bad experience was racing home to beat the rain, only to lose the race with about 2 miles to go. There's nothing like rain drops hitting you at 65-70 mph. They feel like little pebbles. (well, that and the huge bugs that meet their demise on some part of the body).

We have a pretty big bike thing coming up in the end of June (its for all bikes, but the majority of them are Harley's) called "Thunder in the Valley".. I'd like to learn how to drive it by then... I'll definitely be posting some pictures from there and the Abate party (basically a big kegger party with about 500+ people).

Oh ya, rain and the bugs.

I like to ride without a windshield just around town. But if I'm going on a lond putt I put the windshield on. I'm not fond of the big bugs that hit you in the face and you can feel the guts streaming acrossed your face/forhead in the wind either...:D

Rain never bothered me. I rode in Tampa Florida for close to four years. It rained almost everyday. It wasn't bad. The proper riding clothes are needed. If you don't have a set of leathers yet, get some. Coat, chaps or pants, gloves and boots. I'll leave the helmet up to you and your particular state's laws.

It sure is good to see people here that ride, or are planning to.

I had a bike all through high school but haven't ridden since. My wife and I keep talking about getting one with a side car....

Any suggestions??

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Rain never bothered me. I rode in Tampa Florida for close to four years. It rained almost everyday. It wasn't bad. The proper riding clothes are needed. If you don't have a set of leathers yet, get some. Coat, chaps or pants, gloves and boots. I'll leave the helmet up to you and your particular state's laws.

you should try rain in north carolina during february at 35 degrees. brrrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
you should try rain in north carolina during february at 35 degrees. brrrrrrrrrr

Point taken. The rain in Florida was warm. It didn't last long either. Usually only ten minutes or so. That's why I say get yourself the proper riding atire.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I had a bike all through high school but haven't ridden since. My wife and I keep talking about getting one with a side car....

Any suggestions??

Being a Harley Tech, of course I'm going to be partial to Harley's, but even with that in mind, Harley Davidson has one of the nicest sidecars out there. Bolt one up to an Ultra Classic Electra Glide, and you've got the nicest outfit on the road.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Being a Harley Tech, of course I'm going to be partial to Harley's, but even with that in mind, Harley Davidson has one of the nicest sidecars out there. Bolt one up to an Ultra Classic Electra Glide, and you've got the nicest outfit on the road.
Thanks! I definitely want to stay with an American Made bike!

Oh ya, rain and the bugs.

I like to ride without a windshield just around town. But if I'm going on a lond putt I put the windshield on. I'm not fond of the big bugs that hit you in the face and you can feel the guts streaming acrossed your face/forhead in the wind either...

It sure is good to see people here that ride, or are planning to.

Our state (Pennsylvania) just repealed the helmet laws and now its pretty much up to the rider. I prefer to wear it, even tho it makes my hair look like shit :D

The bugs I can definitely do without, but I dont really take the brunt of it because I'm riding behind... I get splattered in the arms mostly. I do need to get some leather/chaps. The first time I went for a ride I showed up in shorts.. I can see now why that is a no-no. At least now I wear jeans.

That is a SWEET ride there Pale Rider!! My wife and I just saw one of those on the road the other day. I would LOVE to get a bike again. You have a cheap one for me?!?!?!? :D

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Our state (Pennsylvania) just repealed the helmet laws and now its pretty much up to the rider. I prefer to wear it, even tho it makes my hair look like shit :D

The bugs I can definitely do without, but I dont really take the brunt of it because I'm riding behind... I get splattered in the arms mostly. I do need to get some leather/chaps. The first time I went for a ride I showed up in shorts.. I can see now why that is a no-no. At least now I wear jeans.

HELMET HEAD!! :p: :D :p: :D :p:

One nice thing about Arizona, not only can we ride year round here, but there are VERY FEW bugs.

It's a good idea that no matter how hot it is when you ride, *ALWAYS* wear long sleeves and trousers. I always wear leather gloves too, and a nice boot.

I see young punks riding their sport bikes around here with no shirt and shorts on. Although not illegal, it is the zenith of stupidity.

Originally posted by Jackass
That is a SWEET ride there Pale Rider!! My wife and I just saw one of those on the road the other day. I would LOVE to get a bike again. You have a cheap one for me?!?!?!? :D

Not at the moment. But one thing I might mention... if you'd like a Harley, "they're not cheap"....:(

Forum List

Back