Gangs in Seattle

My son informs me he lives in a part West Seattle predominately controlled by Hispanic and VietNamese gangs.

As he puts it he live in a rather "sketchy" neighborhood.

Yeah, I worry about him, no doubt.

He was moved from this YANKEE THEME village here on the banks of mighty Penobscot to the belly of the beast on the banks for the Pueget sound.

There are gangs of varying nationalities in Seattle. Some with mixed races depending on your geographical location or simply put 'your hood'. There are white gang members in Seattle. More than the one mentioned above. I have seen it with my own eyes. Does not matter who they run with, Crips, Bloods, AN, LK, Biker Gangs, etc., the fact is they exists. Whether they frequent a club in downtown Seattle or not does not mean they don't exist.

The majority of gangbangers may not be white. I can give you that. But just because you don't see them doesn't mean only the one or two of record exist. Attend a couple of funerals for gang related deaths and you will see the number is a lot higher than you expected.

^First, and so far only post, is to bump a nearly 3 year old thread. :eusa_eh:

Sounds to me like Seattle's gang problem, like the overall population, is a hybrid, mixed-race problem. Not uncommon, frankly.

Listen, i live in Seattle, and i have never seen a white gang member nor have i ever even heard of one until this article, which claims,

"Though Bienhoff is white, police allege he is a member of the Crips."

Im not going to argue about the fact that this is "alleged" and not fact, but i will point out that even they admit with their own words the rarity of white gangbangers. This guy is the exception to the rule, if he wasnt the exception, they wouldnt start that sentence with "though Beinhoff is white".

I worked hip hop nights in downtown, and i never saw white gangbangers nor have i ever even heard of one. I called a friend of mine who is a long time club manager downtown and mentioned this discussion to him and he laughed at the thought of white gangbangers. They dont exist. The exceptions to the rule dont count.

You are painting a picture that gang activity in Seattle is a mix of races, based on 1 article which alleges there was 1 white gangmember. Its dishonest.

Listen, i dont care if there are white gang members. THAT doesnt bother me, but im not going to let people lie about white gang activity to other people on these boards who are not from Seattle. Its a preposterous claim and anyone familiar with downtown would know this.

I can find countless articles about black gang activity in Seattle, and many that are hispanic, but you cant produce the same number of articles about white gang activity, so quit pretending like its an equal mix of the races, because its not. If there are white gang members, they dont even make up 1% of all gang members.

Theres plenty of white bums in Seattle, so its not like white people can do no wrong in Seattle, but they arent gang members, and it annoys me to hear people make shit up thats untrue.

Just the thought of white gang members seems to unravel you.

What are you suggesting?
My parents almost named me De'Che' but couldn't find a Catholic Saint then to baptize me under.

You know as like a number of you in this forum thread i'm also from Seattle, and lived in a few places here in the northwest, and I agree that the whole gang mentality manifests itself in many ways regardless of race. I mean you can get on you tube and see videos of brawls from ranging from black and latino gangs wearing the blue and red bandannas, right on down to groups of white kids who meet up back in the back woods of Skagit County, for back yard bare knuckle brawls, becuase a kid from one group trash talked another. I totally agree with godboy that you won't really find a group of white guys in the sterotypical gangbanger look wearing the bandannas rolling through your local Northwest neighborhood Hip Hop concert, but the mentality is still there, it's just shows itself differently depending on where and how you look at it.

Good post.

Sounds to me like Seattle's gang problem, like the overall population, is a hybrid, mixed-race problem. Not uncommon, frankly.

Listen, i live in Seattle, and i have never seen a white gang member nor have i ever even heard of one until this article, which claims,

"Though Bienhoff is white, police allege he is a member of the Crips."

Im not going to argue about the fact that this is "alleged" and not fact, but i will point out that even they admit with their own words the rarity of white gangbangers. This guy is the exception to the rule, if he wasnt the exception, they wouldnt start that sentence with "though Beinhoff is white".

I worked hip hop nights in downtown, and i never saw white gangbangers nor have i ever even heard of one. I called a friend of mine who is a long time club manager downtown and mentioned this discussion to him and he laughed at the thought of white gangbangers. They dont exist. The exceptions to the rule dont count.

You are painting a picture that gang activity in Seattle is a mix of races, based on 1 article which alleges there was 1 white gangmember. Its dishonest.

Listen, i dont care if there are white gang members. THAT doesnt bother me, but im not going to let people lie about white gang activity to other people on these boards who are not from Seattle. Its a preposterous claim and anyone familiar with downtown would know this.

I can find countless articles about black gang activity in Seattle, and many that are hispanic, but you cant produce the same number of articles about white gang activity, so quit pretending like its an equal mix of the races, because its not. If there are white gang members, they dont even make up 1% of all gang members.

Theres plenty of white bums in Seattle, so its not like white people can do no wrong in Seattle, but they arent gang members, and it annoys me to hear people make shit up thats untrue.

Dont do that man. Your trying to paint me as a racist in an effort to make everything i said untrue. I live here for fucks sake. Not only are you ignorant of the facts, you also throw out racist accusations based on nothing. In my experience, the only people that engage in that sort of behavior are racists themselves.

Fucking white gangs in Seattle! Youve got to be kidding me. Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard. :badgrin:

Dont do that man. Your trying to paint me as a racist in an effort to make everything i said untrue. I live here for fucks sake. Not only are you ignorant of the facts, you also throw out racist accusations based on nothing. In my experience, the only people that engage in that sort of behavior are racists themselves.

Fucking white gangs in Seattle! Youve got to be kidding me. Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard. :badgrin:

Didn't say that, you did. Do you mean to tell me there are no white biker clubs or Neo Nazi groups in Seattle? they certainly seem to maintain quite a presence in California.

No biker gangs in Seattle?

At a news conference earlier this month, Gang Unit Lt. Ron Wilson said officers could probably name 200 gangs in Seattle and surrounding areas, but numbers are fluid because affiliations can change daily.

“If we had to put a number in this area, I would say we certainly think we’re looking at about 60 active gangs in this region,” he said. “Those gangs go from motorcycle outlaw gangs to ‘Sopranos’ types of gangs, to the gangs that we’re dealing with Bloods, Crips, BGDs and Asian gangs.”

SEATTLE PI

Bryan Denson of The Oregonian wrote an interesting article (April 20, 2008 – with Bruce Ely (photographer)) about the rise of Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs (OMG) in Oregon. Specifically it detailed how the Mongols Motorcycle Club (MMC) had discretely opened a 4th chapter in Eugene after previously setting up chapters in Portland, Medford and Bend. The article characterized them as one of the most violent OMGs of the “Big Five” and it made me wonder if Oregon was set for a bloody turf war like the late 60′s in San Francisco. The aftermath of many killed bikers was that the Gypsy Jokers MC left California and the Hells Angels agreed to stay out of Oregon.

source

Last edited:

Didn't say that, you did. Do you mean to tell me there are no white biker clubs or Neo Nazi groups in Seattle? they certainly seem to maintain quite a presence in California.

I havent seen Nazis in Seattle since the 80s. Skins heads became extremely unpopular during the 90s and they just fell apart. You can probably give credit to the peace loving grunge movement for that. As for biker clubs, those are found everywhere in the world where motorcycles are sold. If you mean "does Seattle have law breaking, drug dealing biker gang problem?" Fuck no.

Last edited:

I havent seen Nazis in Seattle since the 80s. Skins heads became extremely unpopular during the 90s and they just fell apart. You can probably give credit to the peace loving grunge movement for that. As for biker clubs, those are found everywhere in the world where motorcycles are sold. If you mean "does Seattle have law breaking, drug dealing biker gang problem?" Fuck no.

Why do you get so angry when people mention white gangs of any kind? you seem to get all bent out of shape about it, if they are really not as much of a problem as you say you should just calmly dismiss it.

Forum List

Back