Gallup see's "Tidal Wave!"

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
2010 Electorate Still Looking More Republican Than in the Past

Go over to DRUDGE right now and what do you see front and center???

pa.jpg

I said to myself, "Cool!!":fu:

October 27, 2010
2010 Electorate Still Looking More Republican Than in the Past

GOP Election Day advantage aided by surge in independents who lean Republicanby Lydia SaadPRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup's latest figures on the composition of the 2010 electorate suggest that, consistent with an earlier Gallup report, those voting in this year's congressional elections across the country will be similar in gender, age, and education to 2006 voters. At the same time, they will be substantially more Republican in their party orientation, and more conservative than has been the case in the past several midterms.

The current and historical likely voter data reviewed here assume an approximately 40% turnout rate among national adults for each election, close to the typical turnout rate recorded in recent midterm years. (Gallup has also calculated the 2010 congressional vote using an assumption of higher turnout.)

Specifically, 55% of likely voters in Gallup's Oct. 14-24, 2010, polling are Republicans and independents who lean Republican. This is higher than the Republican showing in the past four midterm elections, although not too dissimilar to the 51% found in 2002. The corollary of this is that the 40% of likely voters now identifying as Democratic is the lowest such percentage of the past several midterms.

Notably, this year's high Republican representation among likely voters stems mainly from a substantial increase in Republican-leaning independents in the likely voter pool -- now at 16% -- reflecting the broader shift toward the Republican Party among independents evident since 2009.

With respect to political ideology, the 48% of likely voters now describing their political views as conservative is slightly greater than the 42% to 45% seen in each of the prior three midterms. However, the percentage of likely voters identifying as liberal has also generally increased over this period. Both changes are consistent with broader patterns Gallup has identified in the past year.

Just kinda amazing the change in the elctorate in just the past 20 months or so.......:fu:

( I LOVE THIS NEW SMILEY GUY!!! )

Last edited:
For my conservative pals who enjoy beer, I want to recommend this beer for the celebration next Tuesday night..................

Pure_6pk_Bottle.jpg

Stuff is awesome...........went to the local magical beverage place and picked up a 6 pack and its on ice..........its from New Zealand. Got the same body of some of the good German lagers without the bitterness. Very smooth...........highly recommended.

Oh............I also highly recommend tuning in election night coverage to MSNBC, particularly the Olbermann show, "Countdown". You want to make the experience a fcukking hoot and especially memorable. Dont miss that guy who'll likely be on all night. The level of visible misery will be cant miss TV and you'll know that'll be the affect and level of miserable being displayed by the k00ks all across the country.

Oh............I also highly recommend tuning in election night coverage to MSNBC, particularly the Olbermann show, "Countdown". You want to make the experience a fcukking hoot and especially memorable. Dont miss that guy who'll likely be on all night. The level of visible misery will be cant miss TV and you'll know that'll be the affect and level of miserable being displayed by the k00ks all across the country.

I wonder if he'll say, "I hope they fail.":eusa_whistle: Of course he'll be referring to the Republican agenda, but what inciteful names can we call him??:lol:

I wonder if he'll say, "I hope they fail.":eusa_whistle: Of course he'll be referring to the Republican agenda, but what inciteful names can we call him??:lol:

Oh....he'll definately say some wise ass statement like that but it'll be with a snivel and you know behind the facade, he'll be seething and miserable as fcukking hell! And ow fun will that be...............we'll be like...........:fu:

That does sound like a great idea....:lol:

Anyone going to the Rally to Restore Sanity this weekend? It could stir up some trouble for the TP'ers.. :razz:

I am not but I'll catch as much of it on C-Span as I can. Maybe MSNBC, they always have good election coverage.

Anyone going to the Rally to Restore Sanity this weekend? It could stir up some trouble for the TP'ers.. :razz:

I am not but I'll catch as much of it on C-Span as I can. Maybe MSNBC, they always have good election coverage.

The rally to restore sannity is coming on TUESDAY and it's going to be a real meltdown for the losers clinging to delsuion this weekend. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Watch MSNBC! I'm there!

We need to have a thread going on election night where we can chat and watch Olbmernman's meltdown!

:party::dance::mm::thewave::cheers2::rock::lmao:

enjoy............gonna be awesome!!! Like I've been saying since mid-summer.........MSNBC is going to be cant miss TV on election night!!! What can be better than seeing two hyper-left guys reporting on a night their ideology is getting its clock cleaned!!!:fu:

olbermann_keiith_pate-2.jpg

Forum List

Back