Gallup: Romney 51 - the O 45

If the election were held today, the President would win on the strength of picking up Ohio, and then possible Virginia.

People who don't look at the cross-tabs of a poll are stupid. The Gallup "Likely Voter" model shows a 61-38 margin for Romney in the south. But it shows a 52-48 advantage for the President in the north and in the east.

Romney is racking up huge margins in red states while he remains behind the President in key swing states such as Nevada, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio.

So yes, it's a nice poll for Romney at the moment, but it's also the biggest outlier of a poll among all the national polls at the moment, coming the day after the President got his mojo back after a lackluster first debate.

I imagine by the weekend, the Gallup poll (which mostly consists of polling done from last week and into the weekend) will start to look like 49-48 again.

If the election were held today, the President would win on the strength of picking up Ohio, and then possible Virginia.

People who don't look at the cross-tabs of a poll are stupid. The Gallup "Likely Voter" model shows a 61-38 margin for Romney in the south. But it shows a 52-48 advantage for the President in the north and in the east.

Romney is racking up huge margins in red states while he remains behind the President in key swing states such as Nevada, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio.

So yes, it's a nice poll for Romney at the moment, but it's also the biggest outlier of a poll among all the national polls at the moment, coming the day after the President got his mojo back after a lackluster first debate.

I imagine by the weekend, the Gallup poll (which mostly consists of polling done from last week and into the weekend) will start to look like 49-48 again.
well that big prediction to say gallup poll will reduce lead for romney. i am not sure about that and what happens if get even bigger over next fre days

your right romney crusing the red states. he won nc swing states and in control of fi and co.

va still looks like going romney way.

their some good news with obama nev, wi,io and ohio but he must win those four and pa and mi anyway.

without those states he can,t win

Also what is worrying is in north and east where president should be having decent lead he only up by four . that i don,t think will be enough as far more certain gop will get their turn out more election day then dems

that why dems won,t more early voting as gives them a better chance

This.

This.

Too bad the election isn't being held today, huh?

This.
deep down still feeing downcast about president chances despite last night. he blew it in first debate and i don,t think he has enough time to turn things around.

that first debate will haunt him for a long time.

This.

Too bad the election isn't being held today, huh?
i think if election was held today romney would win really.

Sometimes I wonder if Obama really WANTS to be re-elected. This country is basically ungovernable now, and I don't see any way the economy can be repaired after three decades of rotting infrastructure, crippling military spending, tax-cutting politicians, and corporate corruption.

I think Obama simply hates Romney and is indignant that such a corporate slug can even RUN for president--but, as a person, I think Obama might be far better off if he loses the election. Any country that would elect George W. Bush TWICE and then turn around and elect Willard Romney deserves whatever it gets.

Sometimes I wonder if Obama really WANTS to be re-elected. This country is basically ungovernable now, and I don't see any way the economy can be repaired after three decades of rotting infrastructure, crippling military spending, tax-cutting politicians, and corporate corruption.

I think Obama simply hates Romney and is indignant that such a corporate slug can even RUN for president--but, as a person, I think Obama might be far better off if he loses the election. Any country that would elect George W. Bush TWICE and then turn around and elect Willard Romney deserves whatever it gets.

The only problem with that, is there are people in the country, sane people, people with a sense of national concience and social justice, that do NOT deserve it.

The only problem with that, is there are people in the country, sane people, people with a sense of national concience and social justice, that do NOT deserve it.

But they are apparently outnumbered.

Fine. Elect Willard Romney, and stop bitching. I'm not crazy about capitalism, anyway...

Of course you aren't. Why just look at all those centrally planned economies that worked out so swimmingly in the past. :cuckoo:

truth is that president i am not sure i can blame him for not wanting another four years. i mean gop hate his guts in congress and so knowing he could get nothing done maybe best leave it to romney and see if he can do better

If you're stating that the sane people seem to be getting outnumbered, I'd have to agree.

truth is that president i am not sure i can blame him for not wanting another four years. i mean gop hate his guts in congress and so knowing he could get nothing done maybe best leave it to romney and see if he can do better

I guarantee you that Willard will do no better. Democrats will treat a Romney administration exactly the same as the GOP destroyed the Obama administration.

As I said already, this nation has become ungovernable. Thanks alot, Ronnie!

It will be a bloodbath of the Reagan/Carter variety.
I think it will favor Romney extensively, but Obama and his crowd have fully convinced black people that the Civil War wasn't started because the anti-slavery Republicans came to power to free the slaves, and that the pro-slavery plantation owners were ticked that the Northern states went for anti-slavery and so elected the Republicans. The Democrats are now claiming it doesn't matter that their party was obstructionists for the century following the Civil War, when older Americans know that is not the truth.

Obama has made his entire life about being a victim. Some victim. Grandmother, a bank president; mother, a jet-setting, globe-trotting anthropologist; father related to Kenyan elites; Harvard graduate; Illinois State representative; U. S. Senator; President. He claims he was victimized by his predecessor, George W. Bush; every difficult decision that came down the pike, he poisoned the well claiming Bush caused it and that his ENEMIES the Republicans are scary people for the same reason--they oppose his overspending the American economy into oblivion, although he is responsible for two downgrades that he skirted as not his fault, when overspending was at his behest.

I think he will lose a little of the black vote, but not a lot. They are hearing white people criticized at an unprecedented rate as many of the black power people are now church pastors blithering in high dudgeon about God damning white America for everything.

Obama claims everybody else is a racist but him, that "they" are at fault for everything he and his Democrat Congress for 2 years didn't do.

He continued his tirade last night by calling his political adversary "liar" in coordination with Candy Crowley who refused to allow Governor Romney to stand up for his good name and refute Obama's blatant hubris.

Forum List

Back