Gallup Finds Unemployment Rises For Fourth Week In A Row, Cautions On BLS Data

Ed the liar I noticed you did not give a link to your pic. here you go.

kve_cfmc-0cjjjljybcjpg.gif

U.S. Unemployment Ticks Up in Mid-November
That's not the link to the graph I posted.
This is:
U.S. Underemployment in Mid-December Similar to a Year Ago

And your graph is not the U3 rate everybody uses with Republican Presidents, so it's no surprise that you are, as a typical CON$ervative, lying while you accuse others of lying.

The U3 graph from YOUR link:

-ey-1bl3vuav7giydyq7ew.gif

The graph that I used was from the same link you used you fucking moron.

i'M JUST WONDERING WHY YOU DIDN'T PROVIDE A LINK?
:asshole:

But we did have a lot of people working back then compared to now.

Comparably to now , yes! But compared to the late 80's and the 90's,,not exactly.

Below is a chart that covers that time frame though January of this year.
For the most part between 1995 and 2006 if you were not working it was because you chose not to work.

If you remember, that time period, particularly after the Recssion of 2001 is when offshoring of jobs started to really kick in. Well over a million jobs went offshore during the time period after the 2001 Recession.

Here's a link for information:
http://forbes.house.gov/UploadedFiles/CRS_-_Offshoring_and_Job_Loss_Among_U_S__Workers.pdf

This is:

And your graph is not the U3 rate everybody uses with Republican Presidents, so it's no surprise that you are, as a typical CON$ervative, lying while you accuse others of lying.

The U3 graph from YOUR link:

-ey-1bl3vuav7giydyq7ew.gif

I would whether be an asshole for showing the truth than to be an asshole liar like you hiding the truth.

More people are out of the work force since Papa Obama took office

Fact
straight up
:eusa_boohoo:

Not a fact.

Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Sure it is
linking to a page shows us nothing to what stats you base your claim on

Which stats on your link you are looking at ?

"Financial Times' Ed Luce, writes, "According to government statistics, if the same number of people were seeking work today as in 2007, the jobless rate would be 11 percent."

My statement still stands

Last edited:
I wonder where Rdean and Chris are and how they will defend against this?
What gallup is reporting is underemployment not unemployment. In 2008 before the recession, underemployment was by 11%. In good times, underemployment will be about 150% of the reported unemployment rate. Take a look at the actual article from Gallup instead of the a right wing financial blog.

Your link doesn't work.

If you go to the BLS site and search for job growth by president, you will see that more people are working today than when Obama took office. That is a fact.

Wikipedia has a chart of it:

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, what specific stats are you pointing to ?
The wik page does little to support your claim

Obama is on track to have the worst jobs record of any president in the modern era.
Unless things turn around

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, since President Obama took office, the nation has lost 1.9 million jobs, prompting Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler to write if the economy does not turn around, “Obama is on track to have the worst jobs record of any president in the modern era.”

Specifically, why is that wrong?
My original statement still stands

Last edited:
wow the experts? And how did those expert do in 2008? If they were any good they should have seen it coming? So try again.

Dude, FOX News is Fair and Balanced.

I can't believe you don't believe them. They're Fair AND Balanced.

I don't care about fox news it's those "EXPERT'S" that somehow can now predict how the economy will do when they missed how it did in 2008

Basically, the only sources you accept are those that agree with you?

Fact
straight up

Not a fact.

Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Sure it is

"Financial Times' Ed Luce, writes, "According to government statistics, if the same number of people were seeking work today as in 2007, the jobless rate would be 11 percent."

"Financial Times' Ed Luce, writes, "If pigs had wings they could fly"

If the same number of people were seeking work today as in 2007, no Boomers would have retired. CON$ will fabricate any premise, no matter how moronic, to get the stats they want.

Sure it is

Your link doesn't work.

If you go to the BLS site and search for job growth by president, you will see that more people are working today than when Obama took office. That is a fact.

Obama is on track to have the worst jobs record of any president in the modern era.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, since President Obama took office, the nation has lost 1.9 million jobs, prompting Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler to write if the economy does not turn around, “Obama is on track to have the worst jobs record of any president in the modern era.”

As I stated, I mis-read the chart. You were making a claim from the day Obama took office. That might be a dishonest date to select, but since then, yes, we have more people out of work. However, from the date of Obama's first budget, no, we don't. In other words, once Obama got the stimulus passed and his budget passed, things got better. That is fact and is supported by the chart I linked.

As for the worst job record, I doubt it. We are gaining roughly 150,000 a month which would give us 1.65M by the election, and 1.8M by January 2013, assuming absolutely nothing changes. His total job number would beat Bush Jr easily.

Fact
straight up

True.

When Obama took over the economy was in free fall. The second Bush recession was the worst since WWII. The economy's been improving for two years now, but a lot of damage was done. It'll take a while to catch up.

take-a-while-to-catch-up.png

Dude, FOX News is Fair and Balanced.

I can't believe you don't believe them. They're Fair AND Balanced.

I don't care about fox news it's those "EXPERT'S" that somehow can now predict how the economy will do when they missed how it did in 2008

Basically, the only sources you accept are those that agree with you?

I accept sources that tell the real truth and not some made to fit political "truth"

Your link doesn't work.

As I stated, I mis-read the chart. You were making a claim from the day Obama took office. That might be a dishonest date to select, but since then, yes, we have more people out of work. However, from the date of Obama's first budget, no, we don't. In other words, once Obama got the stimulus passed and his budget passed, things got better. That is fact and is supported by the chart I linked.

As for the worst job record, I doubt it. We are gaining roughly 150,000 a month which would give us 1.65M by the election, and 1.8M by January 2013, assuming absolutely nothing changes. His total job number would beat Bush Jr easily.

The number of jobs under Bush shrank during the 8 years he was in office. A remarkable achievement. Assuming the current trend continues, Obama will have created net jobs within the next few months, meaning he'll have beaten Bush by then - if he hasn't already.

I wonder where Rdean and Chris are and how they will defend against this?
What gallup is reporting is underemployment not unemployment. In 2008 before the recession, underemployment was by 11%. In good times, underemployment will be about 150% of the reported unemployment rate. Take a look at the actual article from Gallup instead of the a right wing financial blog.

And if you look at the title of the link it says unemployment is going up.

The important figure to look at is the net change in jobs created or lost.

When Obama took office, the economy was losing 800,000 per month. We're gaining around 150,000 a month today. That's a change of nearly a million jobs a month.

Is it enough?

No. More is needed.

That's why we need a different Congress: one that will be part of the solution, or get out of the way.

The important figure to look at is the net change in jobs created or lost.

When Obama took office, the economy was losing 800,000 per month. We're gaining around 150,000 a month today. That's a change of nearly a million jobs a month.

Is it enough?

No. More is needed.

That's why we need a different Congress: one that will be part of the solution, or get out of the way.

How many TOTAL jobs have been lost or gained since Obama was inaugurated?
4,303,000 jobs (in seasonally adjusted numbers) were LOST from the time Obama took office until the "trough" of the recession in early 2010. That's a decrease of 3.2%.
1,886,000 jobs (in seasonally adjusted numbers) were CREATED from the "trough" of the recession until now, August, 2011. That's an increase of 1.5%.
In total, 2,417,000 jobs (in seasonally adjusted numbers) were LOST from the time Obama took office until now, August 2011. That's a decrease of 1.8%.
We have experienced 11 months WITHOUT job losses since September 2010. We have added 821,000 jobs during those 11 months.

Molly's Middle America: Private and Government Jobs Lost and Gained Under Obama: Through August 2011

I would whether be an asshole for showing the truth than to be an asshole liar like you hiding the truth.
I guess I didn't make it big enough for you the last time.

This is:

Forum List

Back