Gallup Finds Unemployment Rises For Fourth Week In A Row, Cautions On BLS Data

Just as I thought.

Gallup, which unlike the BLS, does not fudge, Birth/Die, or seasonally adjust its data, has just released its most recent (un)employment data.
Underemployment, a measure that combines the percentage of workers who are unemployed with the percentage working part time but wanting full-time work, is 18.4% in mid-December, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment. This is up slightly from 18.1% at the end of November and similar to the 18.5% of a year ago.
crakiic0ee-bhhegb3jjmg.gif

Gallup Finds Unemployment Rises For Fourth Week In A Row, Cautions On BLS Data | ZeroHedge
First of all, your link is not to the CON$ervative Christian Gallup's site, who leans to the Right. So I went to his site to check his U3 numbers since the Right Wing Gallup never collected U6 numbers during Bush. Apparently the higher number is reserved for Democrats.

The U3 rate is pretty much the same as the BLS rates that you wish us to swallow are "fudged." Funny how CON$ didn't use the Gallup U3 numbers that showed unemployment under 9% in October and used the higher BLS for that month!

CON$ will lie and say they only seek the true numbers, but it is obvious they only seek the numbers that support their hate.

h0w5kfdele6kte4peyrv9q.gif

The way they decide whether the numbers are "right" is according to whether they support their preconceived notions. If they do, they're "right". If not, it's government propaganda.

First of all, your link is not to the CON$ervative Christian Gallup's site, who leans to the Right. So I went to his site to check his U3 numbers since the Right Wing Gallup never collected U6 numbers during Bush. Apparently the higher number is reserved for Democrats.

The U3 rate is pretty much the same as the BLS rates that you wish us to swallow are "fudged." Funny how CON$ didn't use the Gallup U3 numbers that showed unemployment under 9% in October and used the higher BLS for that month!

CON$ will lie and say they only seek the true numbers, but it is obvious they only seek the numbers that support their hate.

The way they decide whether the numbers are "right" is according to whether they support their preconceived notions. If they do, they're "right". If not, it's government propaganda.
Maybe he should also use a link the next time instead of just posting a pic

kve_cfmc-0cjjjljybcjpg.gif

U.S. Unemployment Ticks Up in Mid-November

LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE LINK ^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

Ed the liar I noticed you did not give a link to your pic. here you go.

That's not the link to the graph I posted.
This is:
U.S. Underemployment in Mid-December Similar to a Year Ago

And your graph is not the U3 rate everybody uses with Republican Presidents, so it's no surprise that you are, as a typical CON$ervative, lying while you accuse others of lying.

The U3 graph from YOUR link:

-ey-1bl3vuav7giydyq7ew.gif

The economy is not in recovery it is not getting better. Right now we need the truth not some fluff campaign words from obama.

From FOX News
"Fair and Balanced"
December 28, 2011:

U.S. GDP is in the midst of an expansion that most economists put at about 2.5% for the current quarter. Some experts expect that to rise to 3% next year...

U.S. unemployment has begun to drop and has fallen from more than 10% two years ago to 8.6% last month. The economy is currently creating about 150,000 jobs a month..

Just as I thought.

Gallup, which unlike the BLS, does not fudge, Birth/Die, or seasonally adjust its data, has just released its most recent (un)employment data.

Underemployment, a measure that combines the percentage of workers who are unemployed with the percentage working part time but wanting full-time work, is 18.4% in mid-December, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment. This is up slightly from 18.1% at the end of November and similar to the 18.5% of a year ago.

Gallup Finds Unemployment Rises For Fourth Week In A Row, Cautions On BLS Data | ZeroHedge

You're searching everywhere for anything that confirms what you want to be true, while dismissing anything that shows the economy is improving.

Why?

What do you point to that shows the economy is improving? We need about a 2% growth to just stay even. The population grows daily and the economy does not.

No matter how many lies are told, that don't butter the bread.

You're searching everywhere for anything that confirms what you want to be true, while dismissing anything that shows the economy is improving.

Why?

What do you point to that shows the economy is improving? We need about a 2% growth to just stay even. The population grows daily and the economy does not.

No matter how many lies are told, that don't butter the bread.

We need 2% growth to stay even?

How much growth do we need for 3%?

The economy is not in recovery it is not getting better. Right now we need the truth not some fluff campaign words from obama.

From FOX News
"Fair and Balanced"
December 28, 2011:

U.S. GDP is in the midst of an expansion that most economists put at about 2.5% for the current quarter. Some experts expect that to rise to 3% next year...

U.S. unemployment has begun to drop and has fallen from more than 10% two years ago to 8.6% last month. The economy is currently creating about 150,000 jobs a month..

wow the experts? And how did those expert do in 2008? If they were any good they should have seen it coming? So try again.

Just as I thought.

Just the fact's ma'am

You guys still playing with your own facts?

:eusa_boohoo:

Economy

The U.S. economy entered an economic downturn in the summer of 1981 following the passage of the president's tax and budget proposals. Bond traders began unloading U.S. Treasuries in August 2001 and the collapse of bond prices was quickly followed by a decline in stock prices. Unemployment swelled to more than 10 percent of the workforce. Over the eight years of the Reagan administration unemployment averaged more than 7.5 percent - a full percentage point above the average of the previous administration.

The public debt increased by 178 percent between fiscal 1981 and fiscal 1989

------------

Memories – Unemployment During the Reagan Years
Posted by PGL | 3/24/2006 03:54:00 PM

From FOX News
"Fair and Balanced"
December 28, 2011:

wow the experts? And how did those expert do in 2008? If they were any good they should have seen it coming? So try again.

Dude, FOX News is Fair and Balanced.

I can't believe you don't believe them. They're Fair AND Balanced.

From FOX News
"Fair and Balanced"
December 28, 2011:

Employment Picture Even Grimmer Than You Think | Mother Jones

<snip>

As I mentioned yesterday, the U.S. economy needs to add about 150,000 jobs per month just to stay even with population growth. This means that you really need to look at how many jobs we gained above (or below) 150,000, not above or below zero.

<snip>

Ed the liar I noticed you did not give a link to your pic. here you go.

That's not the link to the graph I posted.
This is:
U.S. Underemployment in Mid-December Similar to a Year Ago

And your graph is not the U3 rate everybody uses with Republican Presidents, so it's no surprise that you are, as a typical CON$ervative, lying while you accuse others of lying.

The U3 graph from YOUR link:

-ey-1bl3vuav7giydyq7ew.gif

The graph that I used was from the same link you used you fucking moron.

i'M JUST WONDERING WHY YOU DIDN'T PROVIDE A LINK?

"Unemployment, one of the two components of underemployment, is at 8.7% in mid-December -- up from 8.5% at the end of last month, but down from 9.3% a year ago. Gallup's unemployment measure suggests the government is likely to report essentially no change for December 2011 in its seasonally adjusted unemployment rate, though this is even more difficult than usual to predict at this time of year."

8.7% sounds familiar, like the report for November from BLS. At the start of 2010, Gallup showed a nearly 11% unemployment rate. Then in the summer of 2011, it was bouncing around, approaching an 8% level. BLS, by comparison, shows the adjusted rates--and they tend to be less volatile. The Uppy-Downy trends are visible in the Gallup data, consistently.

It is not clear, further, if they were taking the surveys from cell phones, during rush hour, like they do at the major news organization polls(?).

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Lands of Many Nations Now See: All The News That's Fit To Make(?)! Many now see "objective" in reporting to mean new world records in deaths from automobile accidents(?): "An 'Objective' You Can Believe In!")

From FOX News
"Fair and Balanced"
December 28, 2011:

Employment Picture Even Grimmer Than You Think | Mother Jones

<snip>

As I mentioned yesterday, the U.S. economy needs to add about 150,000 jobs per month just to stay even with population growth. This means that you really need to look at how many jobs we gained above (or below) 150,000, not above or below zero.

<snip>

There's no doubt the economy's not growing as fast as it could, or as fast as it should. What's needed is a jobs bill, and a continuation of the payroll tax cut. Unfortunately the obstructionists in Congress have prevented the first, and we just barely got the second - and only for a couple of months. They'll try to axe it again, at the end of February. If they can think of a way to do it, without taking the blame.

From FOX News
"Fair and Balanced"
December 28, 2011:

Dude, FOX News is Fair and Balanced.

I can't believe you don't believe them. They're Fair AND Balanced.

I don't care about fox news it's those "EXPERT'S" that somehow can now predict how the economy will do when they missed how it did in 2008

"Unemployment, one of the two components of underemployment, is at 8.7% in mid-December -- up from 8.5% at the end of last month, but down from 9.3% a year ago. Gallup's unemployment measure suggests the government is likely to report essentially no change for December 2011 in its seasonally adjusted unemployment rate, though this is even more difficult than usual to predict at this time of year."

8.7% sounds familiar, like the report for November from BLS. At the start of 2010, Gallup showed a nearly 11% unemployment rate. Then in the summer of 2011, it was bouncing around, approaching an 8% level. BLS, by comparison, shows the adjusted rates--and they tend to be less volatile. The Uppy-Downy trends are visible in the Gallup data, consistently.

It is not clear, further, if they were taking the surveys from cell phones, during rush hour, like they do at the major news organization polls(?).

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Lands of Many Nations Now See: All The News That's Fit To Make(?)! Many now see "objective" in reporting to mean new world records in deaths from automobile accidents(?): "An 'Objective' You Can Believe In!")

I will remember that when Gallup gives a great poll on obama.

Just as I thought.

Just the fact's ma'am

You guys still playing with your own facts?

:eusa_boohoo:

Economy

The U.S. economy entered an economic downturn in the summer of 1981 following the passage of the president's tax and budget proposals. Bond traders began unloading U.S. Treasuries in August 2001 and the collapse of bond prices was quickly followed by a decline in stock prices. Unemployment swelled to more than 10 percent of the workforce. Over the eight years of the Reagan administration unemployment averaged more than 7.5 percent - a full percentage point above the average of the previous administration.

The public debt increased by 178 percent between fiscal 1981 and fiscal 1989

------------

Memories – Unemployment During the Reagan Years
Posted by PGL | 3/24/2006 03:54:00 PM

Your facts bitch are from your on little world, thing is we don't live in that little world in your mind you call home.

I like how Gallup uses the Underemployment rate. I'm serious!

Underemployment rate uses numbers that represent not just those who have fallen through bureaucracy's formated numbers, but they count all those who aren't working within the National Labor Force.

It's too bad the BLS doesn't use that same format, but the BLS has used the current format for as long as I remember. That's why instead of having an unemployment rate of 9.0 unemployment rate we really have a rate of over 18%! And remember when we had a rate of 4.5% after the recession in 2001, we actually had a 14+% unemployed. We never got close to 4-5% unemployment then.

If one wants to know the real numbers of those not working, look up Labor Force Participation Rate.
Below is the latest one.

Underemployment rate uses numbers that represent not just those who have fallen through bureaucracy's formated numbers, but they count all those who aren't working within the National Labor Force.

It's too bad the BLS doesn't use that same format, but the BLS has used the current format for as long as I remember. That's why instead of having an unemployment rate of 9.0 unemployment rate we really have a rate of over 18%! And remember when we had a rate of 4.5% after the recession in 2001, we actually had a 14+% unemployed. We never got close to 4-5% unemployment then.

If one wants to know the real numbers of those not working, look up Labor Force Participation Rate.
Below is the latest one.

But we did have a lot of people working back then compared to now.

Below is the latest one.

Comparably to now , yes! But compared to the late 80's and the 90's,,not exactly.

Below is a chart that covers that time frame though January of this year.

Below is the latest one.

Comparably to now , yes! But compared to the late 80's and the 90's,,not exactly.

Below is a chart that covers that time frame though January of this year.
For the most part between 1995 and 2006 if you were not working it was because you chose not to work.

Forum List

Back