Future HOF Aaron Donald retires at 32

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Better to go out too early than too late

Aaron Donald, Rams great and three-time NFL Defensive Player of Year, retires at 32

He will definitely make the Hall of Fame.

From CBS Sports...

When it comes to the quarterbacks Donald sacked the most, Murray ranked in the top three along with two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

Let's check out the five players Donald sacked the most (via the Associated Press):

1. Russell WIlson: 15
2. Kyler Murray: 6.5
3. Matthew Stafford: 6
4. Dak Prescott: 5
5. C.J. Beathard: 4

I love this. I just hope he can handle the withdrawal. Going out on top, like Koufax did, is a rarity. I hope he has as much success in the rest of his life.

1710529986174.png

Player reactions are funny.

All of the opposing players in his division are relieved that he’s leaving.

Warren Sapp is another guy that deserves a mention
For GOAT? You cant be serious.

In no particular order

Taylor
Sanders
White
Greene
Darnold
Lott
Jones
Butkus
Reed
Lewis
Woodson
Singletary
Lambert
Blount
Hamm
Smith

Sapp isnt even in the top 20.

For GOAT? You cant be serious.

In no particular order

Taylor
Sanders
White
Greene
Darnold
Lott
Jones
Butkus
Reed
Lewis
Woodson
Singletary
Lambert
Blount
Hamm
Smith

Sapp isnt even in the top 20.
Sapp is one of the best passer rushers. Maybe not the goat, but he’s in the conversation of goat

Aaron Donald, Rams great and three-time NFL Defensive Player of Year, retires at 32

The money is so crazy these days both during the playing career as well as in other areas outside the arena, I would expect to see more and more early retirements in every sport.

The money is so crazy these days both during the playing career as well as in other areas outside the arena, I would expect to see more and more early retirements in every sport.

Football is like a ticking time bomb before you take that hit that puts you over the edge and end up with dementia

I've never been a Ram fan, but he was one of the absolute BEST of his era. Knowing when it was time to go will just add to his legacy.

Forum List

Back