Funding of the Wall to be a State of the Union Demand

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Democrats have chosen their Little Big Horn hill to make their 2020 stand on if they don’t give him what he wants.

As we see with the current Go Fund Me for building the wall, Americans want it and want it now.

Art of The Deal:

Anxious over the image of shutting down the government four days before Christmas, the White House and congressional Republicans shifted the budget fight over border wall funding to February to make it the focus of President Trump’s State of the Union.

With the administration under fire in some conservative quarters for “caving in” after making repeated threats to shut the government down Friday if a deal for more wall funding wasn’t cut, officials Wednesday afternoon pushed back, claiming it is part of a broader plan to heighten the war with Democrats over securing $5 billion for border security.

“It’s not a retreat, it’s actually a bigger attack,” said a Trump adviser.

The shutdown date was pushed back to Feb. 8, after Trump is scheduled to give his State of the Union to a joint sitting of Congress. It is always the biggest speech of the year.

“The date after the State of the Union gives the president the biggest visible platform,” said another source familiar with the agreement cut today. “This positions us to have the fight when we have the most visibility,” added the source.

Wall funding to be State of the Union demand, direct challenge to Pelosi

Democrats have chosen their Little Big Horn hill to make their 2020 stand on if they don’t give him what he wants.

As we see with the current Go Fund Me for building the wall, Americans want it and want it now.

Art of The Deal:

Anxious over the image of shutting down the government four days before Christmas, the White House and congressional Republicans shifted the budget fight over border wall funding to February to make it the focus of President Trump’s State of the Union.

With the administration under fire in some conservative quarters for “caving in” after making repeated threats to shut the government down Friday if a deal for more wall funding wasn’t cut, officials Wednesday afternoon pushed back, claiming it is part of a broader plan to heighten the war with Democrats over securing $5 billion for border security.

The shutdown date was pushed back to Feb. 8, after Trump is scheduled to give his State of the Union to a joint sitting of Congress. It is always the biggest speech of the year.

“The date after the State of the Union gives the president the biggest visible platform,” said another source familiar with the agreement cut today. “This positions us to have the fight when we have the most visibility,” added the source.

Republicans have been in control of the government for 2 years. Don't kid yourself, they don't want it either. And for that matter I'm not sure trump wants it.

Art of The Deal:

Republicans have been in control of the government for 2 years. Don't kid yourself, they don't want it either. And for that matter I'm not sure trump wants it.
I'm guessing Drumpf wants it badly. He wants it to be his legacy.

Art of The Deal:

His legacy is going to be that he was the most incompetent, corrupt president ever.

Last edited:

Art of The Deal:

I think Drumph probably has figured out it won't change anything. We'll have a wall and not a single persons life will be made any better. People will eventually be laughing about how dumb the wall was.

Why bother? I was told the new NAFTA is going to make Mexico pay for the wall. Just have Congress pass this agreement and the funding should be in place. Easy peasy, George and Weezie.

Last edited:
2020...I usually agree with you but this time I want a shutdown....if Trump signs that CR, I'm giving up on him....he can't tell Schumer in front of us that he'll shut it down and not do it.

Maybe this time Mexico will pay for the wall?

Mexico should pay for the wall via taxing remittances sent from the US. Why won't they pass the Law?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/tax_remittances_can_build_the_wall.html
Because Drumpf is doing this instead....

Trump Wants U.S. to Pay Mexico for Deportations, Spend More on Border Wall

"In the meantime, his administration plans to take $20 million that Congress allocated for foreign assistance, and use it to pay Mexico for plane and bus fare to deport as many as 17,000 people in the country illegally."

It’s bizarre. Dimms don’t want a wall, yet they complain that Trump has not built a wall.

One would think they would be happy we have an unsecured Southern border and they are getting lots of future voters.

Art of The Deal:

Democrats: Isn't Mexico paying for the wall?
Republicans: Mexico is paying for it
Democrats: How?
Republicans: In certain ways I can't tell you about.
Democrats: OK Gotta go. Anything else?
Republicans: Yes. Can we get money for the wall please?

I wish people would push for a balanced budget rather than more spending....

Art of The Deal:

His legacy is going to be that he was the most Incompetent, corrupt president ever.

O and W already sailed that clipper. Sorry.

It’s bizarre. Dimms don’t want a wall, yet they complain that Trump has not built a wall.

One would think they would be happy we have an unsecured Southern border and they are getting lots of future voters.
Zero Democrats complained that Trump hasn't built a wall.

It's bizarre. Trump tells us Mexico is paying for the wall, but he keeps asking for funding. Trump tells us the new nafta will pay for the wall, but he keeps asking for funding....

No one is complaining about Drumpfs wall not being built. We are laughing at the boobs that fell for Drumpfs con about Mexico paying for the wall. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back