Full steam ahead on Biden lightbulb ban

^^^ Difficult to understand this attitude.

Why do you care so much about what other people buy?

If you don't want to buy incandescent bulbs, then don't. I don't buy them either, but some people need them for things like three-way lamps and reptile lights.

60W incandescents have not been banned and you can buy some today.

Amazon product

I bought some after 2014 when I had turtles.

I think they may have had to increase the lumens of them, but they still burn the same amount of energy - 60W.

60W incandescents have not been banned and you can buy some today.

Amazon product

I bought some after 2014 when I had turtles.

I think they may have had to increase the lumens of them, but they still burn the same amount of energy - 60W.

You can still buy most wattages on Amazon, lowes.com and many other online sellers. For a while anyway.

^^^ Difficult to understand this attitude.

Why do you care so much about what other people buy?

If you don't want to buy incandescent bulbs, then don't. I don't buy them either, but some people need them for things like three-way lamps and reptile lights.
I care about sunsetting old energy intense technology.

BTW both examples aren't a reason to keep the bulbs.

I care about sunsetting old energy intense technology.
Oh, you could take this to extremes.

You could have a solar hot water heater. You could have a ground source geothermal heat pump to provide heating and cooling for your home. You could have solar panels on your roof. These technologies are less energy intense and have been available for many years.

If you switched to these technologies, it would make mountains more difference than the lightbulbs.

BTW both examples aren't a reason to keep the bulbs.
Some people prefer them. That's reason enough for me.

I don't understand why the government has to mandate everything. Better technologies naturally replace weaker ones once they are mature enough to be reliable and affordable.

Regards,
Jim

Oh, you could take this to extremes.

You could have a solar hot water heater. You could have a ground source geothermal heat pump to provide heating and cooling for your home. You could have solar panels on your roof. These technologies are less energy intense and have been available for many years.

If you switched to these technologies, it would make mountains more difference than the lightbulbs.

Some people prefer them. That's reason enough for me.

I don't understand why the government has to mandate everything. Better technologies naturally replace weaker ones once they are mature enough to be reliable and affordable.

Regards,
Jim
This one thing is not everything.

And our climate crisis is all too real.

This one thing is not everything.

And our climate crisis is all too real.
It's debatable if it is human-caused, if the net effects are negative, and if humans can actually do anything about it.

Personally, I am skeptical, and I think that abundant and affordable fossil fuels have much more benefit to humanity than scarce and expensive sources.

But I can respect that viewpoint if it is sincere, and the person holding the opinion is not a hypocrite like so many climate panic pushers who own multiple mansions and private planes.

Regards,
Jim

It's debatable if it is human-caused, if the net effects are negative, and if humans can actually do anything about it.

Personally, I am skeptical, and I think that abundant and affordable fossil fuels have much more benefit to humanity than scarce and expensive sources.

But I can respect that viewpoint if it is sincere, and the person holding the opinion is not a hypocrite like so many climate panic pushers who own multiple mansions and private planes.

Regards,
Jim
Fossil fuels are not a future for our children to live in.

Exxon Mobil in the 1970’s had a study that determined the affects of adding unnatural amounts of CO2 to our atmosphere.

All one has to do is look around today at the climate for reasons to be very concerned about it.

The light bulb resistance is just politics clouding sound decisions.

Regards,
Jim
BTW Jim

There is no other catalyst for the CO2 increase. Unless you can source one.

It’s not just hot. Climate anomalies are emerging around the globe. — The Washington Post

I don’t know how people ignore this.

Last edited:
BTW Jim

There is no other catalyst for the CO2 increase. Unless you can source one.

It’s not just hot. Climate anomalies are emerging around the globe. — The Washington Post

I don’t know how people ignore this.
Please. The Earth will be fine...

Historic-Co2-levels.png

Most land masses are far from the equator...
PathfinderMap_hires.jpg

A warmer Earth results in more arable land, more flora an fauna. and less desolate frozen tundra.

Plus, Climate Science is largely about fudging the data. They come up with reasons to lower prior temperatures based upon models, and the adjustments they make are the same order of magnitude as the "observed" warming...

2019-06-24060437_shadow-1.jpg

1690849889024.png

Adjusting historical temperature data downwards is not Science; it is politics.

Once they control carbon, they control absolutely everything - the economy, transportation, manufacturing, agriculture, energy, food, even life itself.

Regards,
Jim

Historic-Co2-levels.png

PathfinderMap_hires.jpg

A warmer Earth results in more arable land, more flora an fauna. and less desolate frozen tundra.

Plus, Climate Science is largely about fudging the data. They come up with reasons to lower prior temperatures based upon models, and the adjustments they make are the same order of magnitude as the "observed" warming...

View attachment 809903

Once they control carbon, they control absolutely everything - the economy, transportation, manufacturing, agriculture, energy, food, even life itself.

Regards,
Jim
Kind of like "feels like" temps reported on MSM.

Historic-Co2-levels.png

PathfinderMap_hires.jpg

View attachment 809903

Regards,
Jim
Dude, don’t go off the deep end on me.

I don’t need a political opinion on science. What can you offer on that end which will disprove current warming.

I have not had NG since 2001 and don't miss it.

I had an NG gas furnace when I lived further north. Great for heating.

Now I have heat pumps, propane gas logs, and a wood stove here.

Like many places, the Green Agenda is resulting in electricity rates skyrocketing here, way faster than inflation.

Propane is up too, since its price goes like gasoline. It's a byproduct of refining.

Those who voted for Biden and are seeing their energy prices skyrocket are getting exactly what they voted for.

Forum List

Back