From What I'm Observing Seems Like RWers Equate Conservative w/RW Christianity

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
As I'm reading the various posts and threads on here, and recollecting what I've read elsewhere (hint: I Lost My Sanity) and what I'm seeing the RW say in the "lame stream media."

Many "conservatives" seem to equate conservative with right wing fundamentalist christianity.

So much so that there is an internal war that has begun where the RW Christian Fundamentalist are either leaving on their own or being asked to leave if they can't tone down or out their RW fundamentalist Christianity w/their one-issue social-issue voting.

With that said, those who are equating the two, are simply flat-out wrong.

Actually, what do you consider "conservative" to mean anyway. What does conservative mean to you USMB?

As I'm reading the various posts and threads on here, and recollecting what I've read elsewhere (hint: I Lost My Sanity) and what I'm seeing the RW say in the "lame stream media."

Many "conservatives" seem to equate conservative with right wing fundamentalist christianity.

So much so that there is an internal war that has begun where the RW Christian Fundamentalist are either leaving on their own or being asked to leave if they can't tone down or out their RW fundamentalist Christianity w/their one-issue social-issue voting.

Actually, what do you consider "conservative" to mean anyway. What does conservative mean to you USMB?
They have a clearance sale on straw at the farm and fleet today? :lol:

It’s likely conservatives themselves don’t even know anymore.

It’s likely conservatives themselves don’t even know anymore.
I've been to RW forums since the election...they are battling it out dude.

It's a good thing though.

In a down economy the GOP lost in a big way. Now they can take an objective look at what the issues were that led to their defeat, or they can retreat back into that alternative reality where they were on 5Nov12. When they were insisting that Romney was going to win big, in spite of all the polls showing just the opposite.

So, if you really believe that going even further to right will be the salvation of your party, see you in 2014 and 2016.

Another day, another retarded Marc meme.

And by "retarded" I take it you actually meant..."prolific."

Thanks man! :thup:

You are just another weak-minded tribalist who actually believes America can survive and prosper by dividing us up and having us chuck spears at one another.

Seeing that you are one of the main spear chuckers, I call hypocracy on you.

An excellant example of the idiocy of your own tribalism was the reaction to Governor Christie thanking the President for timely aid before, during, and after Sandy. Many here are actually calling him treasonous because he cooperated with all government agencies to insure as much help for the citizens of New Jersey as he could get. And he said "Thank You" for the help he got.

A lot of people do.

For me Conservatism is about Fiscal Policy, The size and Scope of Government, and Following the Constitution.

I am actually rather moderate/liberal on most Social Issues.

A lot of people do.

For me Conservatism is about Fiscal Policy, The size and Scope of Government, and Following the Constitution.

You're right Charles, a lot of people do equate it, but that's b/c it's being pushed by the right that believes that, so they're just going along w/them.

And thanks for responding honestly.

A lot of people do.

You're right Charles, a lot of people do equate it, but that's b/c it's being pushed by the right that believes that, so they're just going along w/them.

And thanks for responding honestly.

I have a hard time understanding how a Christian righty can vote for a heathen against their god's word, and reject a Christian against their god's word. I assume like everything else they do, its all show and subject to change.:eusa_shifty:

And by "retarded" I take it you actually meant..."prolific."

Thanks man! :thup:

You are just another weak-minded tribalist who actually believes America can survive and prosper by dividing us up and having us chuck spears at one another.

How's those Tuesday election results for you, SF?

Another tribalist. Do you think America can survive by dividing us along lines of race and creed and having us chuck spears at one another?

Let me share Marc. As a person who still considers himself a "conservative" but NOT a right winger.

What I THINK a conservative (me) is:

- Thinks government is solely for military, police, fire, roads, schools, sewer. Thats about it.
- Is ok with a modest social safety net if we have the ability, which we do
- Believes weed should be legal. Cops and minor criminals DIE over it. Not worth it.
- Believes gay marriage should be legal. Because it's none of my damn business really, let 'em be.
- Believes in a flat tax. Fair is fair. But also believes EVERY citizen should recieve a one time, 2- year tax exemption, for hard times, for ages 30+ only. So 1 time in your life, you can pay 0 taxes for a 24 month span.
- Believes fighting a war should be reserved for countries that directly attack us. The rest of defense should be spent securing our homeland.
- Believes poverty stricken black communities are still not out of the post slavery nightmare that has lasted 150 years. AND, its not the fault of any living white person, but those conditions have just never changed much. Not that we should drop billions of free cash in there. But...to recognize that problem exists, and maybe suggest some ideas.
- That we should CONSERVE the environment, within reason, not just for economic reasons, but because I simply love animals and believe we share this Earth with billions of other different creatures of God, and it's their world too.

What I think far right wingers think conservative means:

- That the govt should always fund the military to no limit.
- That cops, firemen and teachers are sub-standard members of society, who work directly for them, literally.
- That if you fall on hard times, its not only your fault and only your fault, but it's because you are lazy or dumb or evil. Not just that maybe you had bad luck.
- That the govt should regulate all drugs, what kind of sex you can have and who you can marry.
- That every human is born in the USA with an equal starting point, and thus, if you dont make it, fuck you, you had your chance.

The right wing didn't always stand for this.

But there has been a massive shift lately. And I left it.

My views dont necessarily line up with the left wing, which is why I dont vote Democrat right now. But they surely aren't GOP views any longer.

Another tribalist. Do you think America can survive by dividing us along lines of race and creed and having us chuck spears at one another?

You mean like the "Makers" vs "Takers" civil war the right is trying to spark?

Hey, wasnt it YOU who suggested this week we should fire anyone who......how did you word it.........."even looks like they voted for Obama"? Not sure how you determine what an Obama voter "looks" like, but that certainly would be divisive and chucking spears at fellow citizens.

Hypocrite.:lol:

Let me share Marc. As a person who still considers himself a "conservative" but NOT a right winger.

What I THINK a conservative (me) is:

- Thinks government is solely for military, police, fire, roads, schools, sewer. Thats about it.
- Is ok with a modest social safety net if we have the ability, which we do
- Believes weed should be legal. Cops and minor criminals DIE over it. Not worth it.
- Believes gay marriage should be legal. Because it's none of my damn business really, let 'em be.
- Believes in a flat tax. Fair is fair. But also believes EVERY citizen should recieve a one time, 2- year tax exemption, for hard times, for ages 30+ only. So 1 time in your life, you can pay 0 taxes for a 24 month span.
- Believes fighting a war should be reserved for countries that directly attack us. The rest of defense should be spent securing our homeland.
- Believes poverty stricken black communities are still not out of the post slavery nightmare that has lasted 150 years. AND, its not the fault of any living white person, but those conditions have just never changed much. Not that we should drop billions of free cash in there. But...to recognize that problem exists, and maybe suggest some ideas.
- That we should CONSERVE the environment, within reason, not just for economic reasons, but because I simply love animals and believe we share this Earth with billions of other different creatures of God, and it's their world too.

What I think far right wingers think conservative means:

- That the govt should always fund the military to no limit.
- That cops, firemen and teachers are sub-standard members of society, who work directly for them, literally.
- That if you fall on hard times, its not only your fault and only your fault, but it's because you are lazy or dumb or evil. Not just that maybe you had bad luck.
- That the govt should regulate all drugs, what kind of sex you can have and who you can marry.
- That every human is born in the USA with an equal starting point, and thus, if you dont make it, fuck you, you had your chance.

The right wing didn't always stand for this.

But there has been a massive shift lately. And I left it.

My views dont necessarily line up with the left wing, which is why I dont vote Democrat right now. But they surely aren't GOP views any longer.
You say you aren't a dem, but that's essentially what we believe and stand for.

Not sure why or how you're not getting that message.

You mean like the "Makers" vs "Takers" civil war the right is trying to spark?

Hey, wasnt it YOU who suggested this week we should fire anyone who......how did you word it.........."even looks like they voted for Obama"? Not sure how you determine what an Obama voter "looks" like, but that certainly would be divisive and chucking spears at fellow citizens.

Hypocrite.:lol:
Being that blacks voted 93% for Obama, you know all blacks are screwed under his company's administration.

Forum List

Back