From the Folks That Brought Us BUSH=HITLER!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Comes this:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050211/ap_on_go_co/democrats_bush

WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats demanded Thursday that President Bush (news - web sites) order a halt to personal attacks on the party's leader, Sen. Harry Reid (news, bio, voting record), and expressed regret that they had failed to mount a stronger defense for his defeated predecessor.

"This is a new Democratic Party," Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said at a news conference called to release a letter telling Bush to muzzle his "political operatives."

"It says to the president, `You will not intimidate us'," said Schumer, who likened the attacks on Reid to political knee-cappings...

My personal favorite comes from my home state, the ever ready with a hyperbole, Dickie Durbin:

"This is the Abu Ghraib defense, that a few renegade soldiers are responsible for their own behavior and the commanders are not accountable," said Durbin.

"This is the Abu Ghraib defense, that a few renegade soldiers are responsible for their own behavior and the commanders are not accountable," said Durbin.

I don't know... this "hyperbole" has been pretty frequently exhibited by Bush's White House press secretaries; how many times have Ari et al. blamed low*er* levels for slander in the S.C. primaries, torture cases, payment to pundits, etc. etc. etc.

As long as none of the talking heads done-it, and the President quickly runs out to condemn what his administration does, its hunky-dory. Remember when Rumsfeld offered to resign twice post Abu Ghraib? The Pres denied him, and blamed the chain of command, although no one to this day knows where on the chain of command the sentiments (echoed before and since by the president's PC and then Att. Gen) began.

Here ya go, little libbies - :baby4:

:finger3: :321:

Libs have been at it for five years. Payback's a bitch, isn't it.

Get used to it. There's lots more coming. You earned it.

:funnyface

Forum List

Back