From Homeless in Japan to Hostage in Syria: How Haruna Yukawa Ended Up in a Warzone

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Sad story. I think that after all his misfortunes, his mind snapped.

From Homeless in Japan to Hostage in Syria: How Haruna Yukawa Ended Up in a Warzone
By Reuters
Filed: 8/27/14 at 12:29 PM
  • AA

Filed Under: World, Haruna Yukawa, Islamic State, Syria
TOKYO (Reuters) - When Haruna Yukawa was captured in Syria earlier this month, a video apparently released by his captors showed them pressing the Japanese man to answer questions friends say he had struggled with for years: Who are you? Why are you here?

In fact, Yukawa, 42, had first traveled to Aleppo four months earlier on what amounted to a hardship course in self-discovery, according to people who know him and his account.

Continue reading at:

http://www.newsweek.com/homeless-japan-hostage-syria-how-haruna-yukawa-ended-warzone-

By Reuters
  • AA
TOKYO (Reuters) - When Haruna Yukawa was captured in Syria earlier this month, a video apparently released by his captors showed them pressing the Japanese man to answer questions friends say he had struggled with for years: Who are you? Why are you here?

In fact, Yukawa, 42, had first traveled to Aleppo four months earlier on what amounted to a hardship course in self-discovery, according to people who know him and his account.

Continue reading at:

http://www.newsweek.com/homeless-japan-hostage-syria-how-haruna-yukawa-ended-warzone-

sally----I am very interested in reading the article ---or at least
a tiny summary-----your link does not work for me. Haruna
seems like an Arabic name to me------was the protagonist
a muslim?

By Reuters
  • AA

Continue reading at:

sally----I am very interested in reading the article ---or at least
a tiny summary-----your link does not work for me. Haruna
seems like an Arabic name to me------was the protagonist
a muslim?

Here's anoher site about this Japanese man that you can probably access.

A broken man living on dreams pulls Japan into Syria hostage drama Reuters

Forum List

Back