Frmr Joint Chiefs chairman: Iraq war 'fiasco' due to Rumsfeld's fraud

The repub mantra for seeable errors: that was the past

funny how those on the left TOLD you this was happening and the jingoism was soo ripe no kne wanted to believe us. Authoritarians always believe what they are told to believe.

there were plenty on the right who were against the iraqi war, and there were plenty on the left who supported it.

the sad thing is death and dismemberment really don't care about politics, and kids pay the price for the foolishness of old men.

same as it ever was

that's almost poetic.....agreed.

so it goes.

funny how those on the left TOLD you this was happening and the jingoism was soo ripe no kne wanted to believe us. Authoritarians always believe what they are told to believe.

there were plenty on the right who were against the iraqi war, and there were plenty on the left who supported it.

the sad thing is death and dismemberment really don't care about politics, and kids pay the price for the foolishness of old men.

same as it ever was

They weren't "plenty" on the right and they were put in the attic. Ask Ron Paul. He was one of the "plenty".

And those on the left that were in, bought Bush's lie, hook line and sinker. After the 9/11 attacks, the whole Cheney's mapping Al Qaeda to Iraq and invoking the possiblity of a nuclear attack made even a remote chance of any of that being true, unacceptable.

Heck, even main stream media outfits like CNN and the New York Times fell for it.

The fact is..it was a war crime...and no one is talking about it.

same as it ever was

They weren't "plenty" on the right and they were put in the attic. Ask Ron Paul. He was one of the "plenty".

And those on the left that were in, bought Bush's lie, hook line and sinker. After the 9/11 attacks, the whole Cheney's mapping Al Qaeda to Iraq and invoking the possiblity of a nuclear attack made even a remote chance of any of that being true, unacceptable.

Heck, even main stream media outfits like CNN and the New York Times fell for it.

so it was all the right's fault, and anyone on the left who supported the war is blameless because they were stupid enough to be duped.

got it. :thup:

I agree there werent plenty on the right that disagreed with this...maybe they were but they were had to be quietest opposition in history. Even more quiet than the march of the mute from 1886 j/k.

They must have been hanging in the soundproof room with the "Bush is not a conservative" republicans were hanging out and found the door knob 2 years ago. But since Fox represents your side...Where was the opposition? Who were part of the plenty? And Ron Paul, I respect the guy, but jesus he was raked across the coals for not supporting that war.

It's interesting that a predominantly conservative message board forum refuses to engage in discussion that casts their desperate 8-year story into extreme doubt whenever some new general or state department official comes forward like this.

I just now noticed this post , gee sorry I didn't get to it fast enough for you.:rolleyes:

That was really a statement about your camp overall. Not you, self-absorbed one

ah yes 'my camp'...annnnnyway.

"self absorbed" moi? ...well okay then I usually don't go there but since you went there and over something so stupid- I am forced to say; look dipshit, you posted at 1000 PM at night here, it was 130 pm next day and your thread apparently didn't get the requisite number of responses you required to sate your ego....aaahhhhhh.

Tough titty.....many here post and don't get the attention they think their threads deserve..its a cruel world sonny, so before you post another sarcastic whine, then smack someone for commenting on it, all becasue your immediate gratification quota has not been met, try growing the fuck up first.

hey tell us somehting we don't know. I thought that the war was mismanaged early on after the initial effect , not by the foot soldier but by the usual.....I also think that bremer the 'regent' was dumb and cost us valuable time. It is what it is.

So, how now? Thats the past, Maliki and Sadr have made a deal, Maliki has one eye over his shoulder on what is, - iran and one eye on Obama.....I am sure hes not exactly filled with confidence and for him the big question...who in the long run is he better off with?

Are they even aware of the danger inherent in this? Or are they nodding off?What has our wonderful and lauded Sec state done? What has Obama allowed her to do, or not?

Speaking of "nothing new," that's all great perspective!!! Thanks!

sorry if that doesn't please you, if you had not posted a misleading thread title from the git go, (Fraud? he never said that, he did the same old same old, boooosh lied using Rumsfeld who could not have perpetrated a "fraud" anything sans Boosh anyway) do we need to explain the difference between Fraud and a Lie [ accusation to boot absent back up] ) and attempted to make some serious conversation other than a not to cleverly disguised troll, I would have gone further, be happy you got this.

speak to the :eusa_hand:

The issue here is that they defrauded the United States... Or, if you prefer: Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States - Title 18, Chapter 19, Section 371, and violation of US Laws related to Fraud and False Statements - Title 18, Chapter 47, Section 1001.

Some people, who have a situational ethics clause built in to their psyche for all things GOP nefarious, still refuse to ever demand any semblance of justice. Of course, if Bill Clinton perpetrated these greatest crimes in U.S. history, then that same contingent (I call them "28 percenters," based on those who still thought Boy King was doing a good job at the end) would be having a flag-draped conniption fit for American justice.

whatever....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

same as it ever was

so it was all the right's fault, and anyone on the left who supported the war is blameless because they were stupid enough to be duped.

got it. :thup:

In a nutshell..yes.

I agree there werent plenty on the right that disagreed with this...maybe they were but they were had to be quietest opposition in history. Even more quiet than the march of the mute from 1886 j/k.

They must have been hanging in the soundproof room with the "Bush is not a conservative" republicans were hanging out and found the door knob 2 years ago. But since Fox represents your side...Where was the opposition? Who were part of the plenty? And Ron Paul, I respect the guy, but jesus he was raked across the coals for not supporting that war.

are you talking to me? i only answer for myself, and i was in front of the post office 2 saturdays a month from 2003-2008 protesting the war.

what did you do?

I protested as well at several events in D.C. And independently around the DMV. I'm glad you did but your party was in full support regardless.

ah yes 'my camp'...annnnnyway.

"self absorbed" moi? ...well okay then I usually don't go there but since you went there and over something so stupid- I am forced to say; look dipshit, you posted at 1000 PM at night here, it was 130 pm next day and your thread apparently didn't get the requisite number of responses you required to sate your ego....aaahhhhhh.

Tough titty.....many here post and don't get the attention they think their threads deserve..its a cruel world sonny, so before you post another sarcastic whine, then smack someone for commenting on it, all becasue your immediate gratification quota has not been met, try growing the fuck up first.

Please... This is the most active message board this side of Capital Hill Blue, and it's demographic is predominantly loyal Bushies like yourself. If a single member of YOUR CAMP doesn't touch it in 12+ hours, it's probably because they can't find a way to spin it. Case in point, your lame attempt here.

Grow up, indeed.

sorry if that doesn't please you, if you had not posted a misleading thread title from the git go, (Fraud? he never said that, he did the same old same old, boooosh lied using Rumsfeld who could not have perpetrated a "fraud" anything sans Boosh anyway) do we need to explain the difference between Fraud and a Lie [ accusation to boot absent back up] ) and attempted to make some serious conversation other than a not to cleverly disguised troll, I would have gone further, be happy you got this.

Are you going to rest your laughable reply on the semantics argument of lie vs. fraud?

fraud –noun
1.deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
3. any deception, trickery

lie –noun
1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth

The accusation AND the "back up" of that accusation IS embodied by Shelton's direct testimonial, as well as the statements of countless others before him. You can pretend fraud doesn't mean lie, and attempt to DEFRAUD the forum, yourself, by pretending nothing backs it up, as if you've had your head up your ass the past 9 years, but, oops... Rummie and Dick's FRAUD is backed up quite substantially. Sorry. ... There's the Downing Street memo, there's the Senate intel report, Powell and Wilkerson's statements, there's Dick's blatant "i never said that" lie on Meet the Press, as well as Rumsfeld's own documented bullshit on TV every other day back then.

They lied us into invasion. Just admit it, and stop lying to yourself. It gets more and more pathetic as each new bit of corroboration comes to light all these years later.

Worst, please don't bullshit the forum and try and pass off that Rumsfeld/Cheney couldn't do anything without Bush's approval. I mean, I know they're probably heroes of yours, but the Boy King barely knew what end was up. Almost their entire foreign policy platform was dictated to Shrub.

speak to the :eusa_hand:

whatever....:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's about what I thought you had left in your empty arsenal. Some smarmy emotes and a whole big assortment of "whatever." Zero depth or substance.

Your argument is summed up perfectly: "prove it!!!... oh? ... well, prove it more!!!!... oh... well, what about OBAMA??!!!"

Fraud.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back