Freeligion

Of course the founding fathers of communism believed as you do, Fort Fun.

"Statesmen, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone, which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of a free Constitution is pure virtue, and if this cannot be inspired into our People in a greater Measure than they have it now, they may change their rulers and the forms of government, but they will not obtain a lasting liberty."
John Adams

hat the founding fathers of freedom and liberty believed that morality, virtue and religion were the pillars of freedom and liberty.
Some did, some didn't. Again, even if all of them did... no, it would not bother me in the least. Opinions vary. I can agree with some of the things they say, and discard other things they say... because I am a rational adult.

"Our liberty depends on our education, our laws, and habits . . . it is founded on morals and religion, whose authority reigns in the heart, and on the influence all these produce on public opinion before that opinion governs rulers."
Fisher Ames

hat the founding fathers of freedom and liberty believed that morality, virtue and religion were the pillars of freedom and liberty.
Some did, some didn't. Again, even if all of them did... no, it would not bother me in the least. Opinions vary. I can agree with some of the things they say, and discard other things they say... because I am a rational adult.
Nope. They all believed that liberty and freedom rested on virtue, you communist hack.

"No government can continue good but under the control of the people; and . . . . their minds are to be informed by education what is right and what wrong; to be encouraged in habits of virtue and to be deterred from those of vice . . . . These are the inculcations necessary to render the people a sure basis for the structure and order of government."
Thomas Jefferson

"Laws without morals are in vain."
Benjamin Franklin (Motto of the University of Pennsylvania)

The propaganda of atheism is necessary for our programs. Vladimir Lenin

They all believed that liberty and freedom rested on virtue
But they did not also all believe it rested on religion, which was your claim. You get in these odd moods wherein I wonder if you even realize how dishonest you are being.

Anyway, as anyone who knows anything about history knows, their version of morality left a lot of room for improvement. Thank goodness for the secular, humanistic ideas that came along and did just that. ;)

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

They all believed that liberty and freedom rested on virtue
But they did not also all believe it rested on religion, which was your claim. You get in these odd moods wherein I wonder if you even realize how dishonest you are being.

Anyway, as anyone who knows anything about history knows, their version of morality left a lot of room for improvement. Thank goodness for the secular, humanistic ideas that came along and did just that. ;)
That is exactly the argument a communist would make. Congratulations. :rofl:

"Human rights can only be assured among a virtuous people. The general government . . . can never be in danger of degenerating into a monarchy, an oligarchy, an aristocracy, or any despotic or oppresive form so long as there is any virtue in the body of the people."
George Washington

There has never been a communist state that was not a militant atheist state.

That is exactly the argument a communist would make. Congratulations.
Which, of course, is a fallacy . Ding, you are embarrassing yourself.
I am embarrassing you.

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience, is incompatible with freedom. No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue; and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."
Patrick Henry

Forum List

Back