Freedoms you have lost.

Another thread about whining, America is now the land of the Whiner. But then isn't America the land in which you can do whatever you want so long as you set your heart on it and never give up. All these myths and counter myths are confusing the heck outta me. Someone oughta tell all those immigrants and wannabe immigrants about these great losses of freedom, maybe then they'll opt for some other nation where real freedom exists. Anyone know of one?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/50799-is-freedom-real.html

A bipartisan look at freedoms you have lost due to bad politicians:

- You've lost the freedom to eat as much. Some foods have been banned. Salts, fats, sodas, etc. Others due to cost. Ethanol fuel has made corn prices skyrocket. High gas prices have made delivery cost more to grocers, thus, higher prices. You cannot afford to eat as much, or as high class, as you used to.

- You've lost the freedom to drive as much, and thus, travel as much. Oil drilling bans, bad EPA restrictions, have help make gas go up. A famiily in Ohio once may have taken a week to Disney in Orlando. Now, maybe have to stop at VA Beach or Myrtle Beach due to travel costs. Or not go at all. That freedom has been lost.

- You've lost the freedom to be born. Yep. At some point, you were an embryo in your mother's womb. If you survived the natural development and birth process, you're alive and about to experience life!!! But no more. You're no longer free to be born. You must be chosen to be born. Someone must decide if they'll allow you to be born....or not. You got lucky. Others didn't.

I'm stepping off the soap box, anyone got other freedoms we've lost?

You have as much freedom and justice in this nation as you can pay for.

Man, America sounds like a shit place to live...I pity you all.

A bipartisan look at freedoms you have lost due to bad politicians:

- You've lost the freedom to eat as much. Some foods have been banned. Salts, fats, sodas, etc. Others due to cost. Ethanol fuel has made corn prices skyrocket. High gas prices have made delivery cost more to grocers, thus, higher prices. You cannot afford to eat as much, or as high class, as you used to.

- You've lost the freedom to drive as much, and thus, travel as much. Oil drilling bans, bad EPA restrictions, have help make gas go up. A famiily in Ohio once may have taken a week to Disney in Orlando. Now, maybe have to stop at VA Beach or Myrtle Beach due to travel costs. Or not go at all. That freedom has been lost.

- You've lost the freedom to be born. Yep. At some point, you were an embryo in your mother's womb. If you survived the natural development and birth process, you're alive and about to experience life!!! But no more. You're no longer free to be born. You must be chosen to be born. Someone must decide if they'll allow you to be born....or not. You got lucky. Others didn't.

I'm stepping off the soap box, anyone got other freedoms we've lost?

Obama is president, freedoms are only lost under Bush and his lik
in anycase you can cull some stuff from this thread http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/159904-anyone-notice-2.html#post3439638
and in about 660 day the progressives can start adding to the thread

Another thread about whining, America is now the land of the Whiner. But then isn't America the land in which you can do whatever you want so long as you set your heart on it and never give up. All these myths and counter myths are confusing the heck outta me. Someone oughta tell all those immigrants and wannabe immigrants about these great losses of freedom, maybe then they'll opt for some other nation where real freedom exists. Anyone know of one?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/50799-is-freedom-real.html
well it used to be the land of opportunity where you could do what ever you wanted until liberals came into power. then they decided in the name of personal rights and freedoms they needed to start passing laws telling people how to live their lives

I lost the freedom to smoke whenever and wherever I feel like it

Damn Libruls

Forum List

Back