Freedoms you have lost.

A bipartisan look at freedoms you have lost due to bad politicians:

- You've lost the freedom to eat as much. Some foods have been banned. Salts, fats, sodas, etc. Others due to cost. Ethanol fuel has made corn prices skyrocket. High gas prices have made delivery cost more to grocers, thus, higher prices. You cannot afford to eat as much, or as high class, as you used to.

- You've lost the freedom to drive as much, and thus, travel as much. Oil drilling bans, bad EPA restrictions, have help make gas go up. A famiily in Ohio once may have taken a week to Disney in Orlando. Now, maybe have to stop at VA Beach or Myrtle Beach due to travel costs. Or not go at all. That freedom has been lost.

- You've lost the freedom to be born. Yep. At some point, you were an embryo in your mother's womb. If you survived the natural development and birth process, you're alive and about to experience life!!! But no more. You're no longer free to be born. You must be chosen to be born. Someone must decide if they'll allow you to be born....or not. You got lucky. Others didn't.

I'm stepping off the soap box, anyone got other freedoms we've lost?

Thanks a lot. You're moronic post actually made me 'Thank' Rabbi.
:lol::rofl::lol:

Try self flagulation. It works for me.

Okay, I'll play.
Starting next year, no choice in light bulbs as the incandescent light bulb will no longer be sold.
Untrue. Halogen lights are incandescent bulbs. The change is only that the bulbs must meet a certain energy efficiency rating.

Not free to carry a gun when and where I want.
Not free to smoke [not that I do] where I want.
Have to register with a party to vote in primaries.
Speed limits.
say this; I wish these ******* would get a job. You will be marked a racist and taken to court.
say this; I kill a punk cracker. You will be marked a hero, and earn a #1 hit in music.
Prayer is not allowed in school. It's freedom "OF" religion not "FROM" religion.
Have to wear cloths.
It's harder to be working poor than on welfare. The system is set against you. [not sure that's a freedom issue]

Most of this is dependent upon where you live. You live in the backwoods, you can basically do what you want. If you live in a crowded city..not so much. Why? Because we have laws and laws are pretty dependent on the need for them. And sometimes people put up screwy laws in this country. That's why we have a Constitution..to keep people from putting up screwy laws. It's not perfect..but it mostly works.

What do you consider "Backwoods"? I know you live in or around NYC, but I have no idea if you've been around.

While people in the backwoods tend to carry rifles during the hunting seasons, they all have to follow state laws on when and where. A grown adult has to jump through more hoops to carry a weapon than a teen does to get an abortion.

I've been to most of the states. And State laws vary an incredible amount depending on what state you are in. And I was under the impression that's the way most Conservatives like it. In Texas you can open carry your pistols..in New York..you can't.

I owned a bar in Atlanta and was very surprised by alot of the laws there..like you can't have "Drink Specials" or you must serve meals in your bar. That's very different in NYC.

And the main point is people make laws. They find something they don't like, lobby their representatives..and legislation gets created. So some of the "Freedoms" like walking around naked where ever you want..were taken away because of your neighbors.:lol:

Most of this is dependent upon where you live. You live in the backwoods, you can basically do what you want. If you live in a crowded city..not so much. Why? Because we have laws and laws are pretty dependent on the need for them. And sometimes people put up screwy laws in this country. That's why we have a Constitution..to keep people from putting up screwy laws. It's not perfect..but it mostly works.

What do you consider "Backwoods"? I know you live in or around NYC, but I have no idea if you've been around.

While people in the backwoods tend to carry rifles during the hunting seasons, they all have to follow state laws on when and where. A grown adult has to jump through more hoops to carry a weapon than a teen does to get an abortion.

I've been to most of the states. And State laws vary an incredible amount depending on what state you are in. And I was under the impression that's the way most Conservatives like it. In Texas you can open carry your pistols..in New York..you can't.

I owned a bar in Atlanta and was very surprised by alot of the laws there..like you can't have "Drink Specials" or you must serve meals in your bar. That's very different in NYC.

And the main point is people make laws. They find something they don't like, lobby their representatives..and legislation gets created. So some of the "Freedoms" like walking around naked where ever you want..were taken away because of your neighbors.:lol:

That's true.
I've seen me naked, so I'm gunna go with it's not that bad of a law. :lol:

Yeah, a LOT of places have some of the most usless laws cuz it make them feel good that they are keeping "that kinda person away".

I lived in a dry county [cuz it had the best schools in the state], no bars, no package stores, no booze in any restaraunt, yet every single last road leading into it had a package store on both sides of the road with jacked up prices.

Freedom of our children to put up their little stands to make some money.
Seriously? Children must get permits? Pay the Government to sell lemonade or girl scout cookies. No, No ,No
This one has gone way to far.

- You've lost the freedom to eat as much. Some foods have been banned. Salts, fats, sodas, etc. Others due to cost. Ethanol fuel has made corn prices skyrocket. High gas prices have made delivery cost more to grocers, thus, higher prices. You cannot afford to eat as much, or as high class, as you used to.

- You've lost the freedom to drive as much, and thus, travel as much. Oil drilling bans, bad EPA restrictions, have help make gas go up. A famiily in Ohio once may have taken a week to Disney in Orlando. Now, maybe have to stop at VA Beach or Myrtle Beach due to travel costs. Or not go at all. That freedom has been lost.

- You've lost the freedom to be born. Yep. At some point, you were an embryo in your mother's womb. If you survived the natural development and birth process, you're alive and about to experience life!!! But no more. You're no longer free to be born. You must be chosen to be born. Someone must decide if they'll allow you to be born....or not. You got lucky. Others didn't.

1. When did you start channeling Noam? Who'd have thunk it.

Starving the Poor, by Noam Chomsky

2. US production of crude oil is up this year, dispite the 33 rigs left idle after the BP explosion killed 11 people and dumped ump-teen gallons of crude oil into the Gulf. There are other factors at work causing the rise in gas prices despite the rise in US production. The US is the third leading producer of crude oil in the world.

3. Nice dream world you live in. To beleive that there were no black market abortionist to provide women that service goes beyond reason.

Last edited:

Which foods have been banned, and where is the official government height/weight chart that states how much poundage you're allowed in this country? To my best knowledge, that chart only exists for the military, and, fwiw, I can still buy sodas and salty snacks. Canada Dry Ginger Ale is in my fridge RIGHT NOW, along with a couple bags of Fritos and some potato sticks as well. To the best of my knowledge, they were legal when I bought 'em last week.

Lost the freedom to drive as much? Not really, because gas is still readily available all over this country, however......you may have to pay more because the oil companies keep jacking up the prices. How else do you explain their continued obscene profits? For the past couple of years, they've continued to post record profits. No, it's not the government that is preventing you from driving, its that the oil CEO's are bending you over at the pumps.

And.......currently, I don't see any 1 child policies like what China has, and well.........shit.......what about Octomom and Jon and Kate plus 8? Those children are fairly young and they still managed to be born, so, no, we haven't lost the freedom to be born in this country.

You really are quite the stupid little retard, ain't ya?

I can't buy 8 Track tapes anymore and my car has seat belts

Freak'n Liberals

8 tracks were not eliminated by government. They were eliminated by technological advances. So your point is what with that line?

What does the Government have to do with it?

I should be able to buy 8 Tracks if i want to.

I have Black Sabbath's Master of Reality(or maybe it's Parinoid?) on 8 track. I'll sell it to you!

Attachments

• $BlackSabbath1.jpg
    $BlackSabbath1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 46

1. Since when are salts, fats and sodas banned? Also, the country has a high obesity rate. Seems to me these people are still able to eat plenty
2.While it is true that gas prices are up, that does not stop people from traveling. They may have to save up a bit more for a longer period of time, but people have not lost the freedom to travel.
3. Anyone who was born certainly did have the right to be born. Anyone who wasn't born doesn't know they weren't born anyways.

We lost the freedom to choose what clips/magzines we want for our guns.

Outside of crime, warfare and police actions, why the fuck would a regular citizen need 30 rounds in a 9mm?

I take it you don't shoot much. Why do you feel the need to control what I shoot? Thank God for Pre Bans

Actually, qualified for the Navy Sharpshooter Ribbon.

Never had to use more than 15 rounds in a clip, even for quals.

The freedom to open a winery, because the limited runs I want to initially engage in don't justify the cost and massive burden of getting bonded by the state to do so and then the paperwork requirements which basically involved documenting and tracking the movement of ever spec of dust through the production floor are to onerous right now, and the required capital outlay for the bonding alone is a stick up the rear end.

Forum List

Back