Free Wrestling Between The Lord And Jacob, And God Was The Loser!!

Confident

Nov 4, 2005
Round The World
------------

When I was reading some verses in the bible, I found a very strange story!
Yes, it was amazing!
I couldn't understand the story in the beginning!
I couldn't convince my mind to accept it, SO I needed help!
It was free wrestling between the Lord and Jacob, and the VICTOR was Jacob!
What's this?
Was I dreaming?
God left everything in the heaven and went down to wrestle with Jacob and He lost the wrestling!!
God asked Jacob to let Him go, but Jacob refused!!,, why?
Jacob wanted the Lord to bless him!!
Who blessed the other?
The Victor or the Loser?
Is this the word of GOD? OR there was some human misstating?​

22 And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.
23 And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had.
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

GunnyL said:
Isn't it time for you to get out your little nappy-poo mat and beat your head against the floor a few hundred times?

Take it easy my friend!
Ok, a few hundred times but after u tell me!, who was the Referee? :bangheads
What kind of Lord He wrestles with human being?
Do u think this story was a human made?

Confident said:
Take it easy my friend!
Ok, a few hundred times but after u tell me!, who was the Referee? :bangheads
What kind of Lord He wrestles with human being?
Do u think this story was a human made?

What am I? Mr Sunday School? One thing I am NOT is your friend and your prospects in that area ain't looking real good.

I do not presume to speak for God as to why he has done anything. If I was going to question his motivation, I sure wouldn't be starting with some metaphorical wrestling match.

I'd start with wanting to know why he allowed certain idiots to start xenophobic religions that have stagnated since the seventh century and foster nothing but hatred and idiocy.

GunnyL said:
What am I? Mr Sunday School? One thing I am NOT is your friend and your prospects in that area ain't looking real good.

I do not presume to speak for God as to why he has done anything. If I was going to question his motivation, I sure wouldn't be starting with some metaphorical wrestling match.

Ok my future friend!
my post was`just 2 show u that story was a human made?
It was written by someone my dear,,
God is Great.....more thinking pls.

Confident said:
Take it easy my friend!...Ok my future friend!

Funny I was reading in the Koran today and yer screwed pal! :bow3: :)

No friends with non believers
4.144: O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?

Friends with Jews, Christians
5.51: O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

Mr. P said:
Funny I was reading in the Koran today and yer screwed pal! :bow3: :)

No friends with non believers
4.144: O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?

Friends with Jews, Christians
5.51: O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

Friendship here means not to stand with Mr Bush against Iraqis, read the following and see what the Quran says about Christians:

[82] "Strongest among men in enmity to the Believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the Believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant."

[83] "And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses."

[84] "What cause can we have not to believe in Allah and the truth which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous?"

AND read the Constitution of Quran:

[8] O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to Piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

[9] To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward.

[10] Those who reject faith and deny Our Signs will be Companions of Hell-fire.

-----------

Confident said:
Friendship here means not to stand with Mr Bush against Iraqis, read the following and see what the Quran says about Christians:

-----------
Here we call that agreement, not friendship.
As far as reading what is written about Christians, I’ve seen enough…..

Smite the neck and cut fingertips of unbelievers
8.12: When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.
How kind and loving. :funnyface

The account of Jacob wrestling with the Lord, is not unlike the daily wrestling with the Lord that typifies the life of Christians that are committed to nurturing a closer relationship with their God.

The New Testament is filled with many instructional accounts/verses encouraging Christians to "hang in there", and do not be surprised at the ordeals that one will encounter when desiring, or working at obtaining a closer relationship with God.

Paul, Peter, and myriads of other Christians endured terribly uncomfortable trials, but the outcome was that they became men and women of more mature character, and inner peace as a result.

God's main reason for wrestling with or allowing the wrestling is to burn or squeeze man's destructive, selfish nature out of him, and replace it with an life of gratitude, and worship towards his Maker. Ultimately, God desires that He be glorified by all of creation, as He did author/create it and has that right. This desire is not a human counterfeit, likened to a dictator's desire to control all things all ways, but a desire to have a relationship with His creation that was made in His image.

Love of self above all things is the bugaboo of mankind since the Fall. If God is self-centered in His desire to have communion with man, then His self-sacrifice of His Son on the cross, has to be dealt with in respect to that flimsy indictment.

God gave His most precious possession at Calvary, that He might call all mankind back to Him.

God gentlemanly allows His creation to literally, wrestle with him, but all along He is in control. God, may appear to lose battles, but in the grand scheme, God is just making a chess move that feigns a bigger plan, and motive to draw His children back into the fold.

Israel to this day is still like a wild donkey, and kicks and screams. The bible says that one day, Israel will have a revival of embracing their creator that will be the envy of the nations.

Eightball said:
God gentlemanly allows His creation to literally, wrestle with him, but all along He is in control. God, may appear to lose battles, but in the grand scheme, God is just making a chess move that feigns a bigger plan, and motive to draw His children back into the fold.

God is just making a chess...?? Are you sure my friend??

Since you believe in trinity (if you do)!!, who wrestled with Jacob?

Confident said:

[82] "Strongest among men in enmity to the Believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the Believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant."

[83] "And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses."

[84] "What cause can we have not to believe in Allah and the truth which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous?"

AND read the Constitution of Quran:

[8] O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to Piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

[9] To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward.

[10] Those who reject faith and deny Our Signs will be Companions of Hell-fire.

-----------

Give it a rest..only those who want to return to the 7th Century convert to Islam...also the Quran respects Jesus as a "Prophet" we respect(Christians) him as the "Son Of God" so why are y'all so hypocritical...Jesus was a Jew and his followers became Christians! Enough of this anti Christian/Jew rhetoric..we are forced everyday to respect Islam and let y'all live... so let us all live too...Ya don't have to convert to Chistianity but at least let us enjoy our beliefs! If not then a continuation of the "Crusades" is definetly in order!

:halo:

Confident said:
Yes, it was amazing!
What's this?
Was I dreaming?
God left everything in the heaven and went down to wrestle with Jacob and He lost the wrestling!!
Who blessed the other?
The Victor or the Loser?
Is this the word of GOD? OR there was some human misstating?[/CENTER]

22 And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

I agree. It's silly. But what makes you think that your retrograde beliefs are any less stupid?

Confident said:
------------

Yes, it was amazing!
What's this?
Was I dreaming?
Who blessed the other?
The Victor or the Loser?
Is this the word of GOD? OR there was some human misstating?​

I wrestled with my 10 year old twins this morning. THEY WON!

How can that be?

Some things we know for facts.

Koran was written by ONE MAN
He married an older woman for money and power
He was a war monger
and a pedophile
THere is NOTHING else corroborating the Koran, NOTHING, it is so far out of context, its unbelievable (pun intended)
The Koran was made up by Mohammed

LuvRPgrl said:
I wrestled with my 10 year old twins this morning. THEY WON!

How can that be?

Some things we know for facts.

Koran was written by ONE MAN
He married an older woman for money and power
He was a war monger
and a pedophile
THere is NOTHING else corroborating the Koran, NOTHING, it is so far out of context, its unbelievable (pun intended)
The Koran was made up by Mohammed

Yeah, but this is in the Bible, though, except that every version I've seen says Jacob wrestled with an angel, not God, and that the encounter left him with a permanent limp.

However, hasn't anyone heard of letting somebody win?

Take it easy my friends, I'm here to learn from you..
How come The Lord being 40 days tempted of the devil?
Is that another kind of wrestling?
--------------------------------------
1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:
10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Jesus was tempted in the desert as another part of the human experience. Every human is tempted, and Jesus wanted to be no exception.

Hobbit said:
Yeah, but this is in the Bible, though, except that every version I've seen says Jacob wrestled with an angel, not God, and that the encounter left him with a permanent limp.

However, hasn't anyone heard of letting somebody win?

Yea, that was my point. I let my 10 year old twins win the match with me.
Ha, I play monopoly and other games with them, nobody in their right mind would play games full throttle against their own kids.

good point on the angel instead of God thing. Now Im wondering myself.

Hagbard Celine said:
In that story, Jacob wrestled with an angel, not God. And if you actually believe that it's a true story, you need a CAT scan.

Yea, some being as intelligent and powerful enough to create the universe couldnt possibly have an angel wrestle with one of His creations.

I think if you proposed 500 years ago we would land on the moon, you would have become subject to an asylum and blood letting, i.e. needed a cat scan.

Forum List

Back